Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 05:57 PM

363 posts, read 557,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
I think alot of people voted because he's keen on moving the city forward in things that it's been lacking.

IDK about homelessness or Illegals. Honestly, homelessness is the top priority. We'll just see about that. I didn't follow the last time he was elected. I do see the divide on Measure H though. Time will.

I'm just glad S failed. Would have been a HUGE disaster.

I think the problem with combating Homelessness is tied to so many things here in Los Angeles in particular. It's unique even compared to San Francisco.

The Weather being so desirable is what lures some homeless people from other cities to LA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2017, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I agree with what you wrote but Garcetti didn't have much opposition. I don't think one republican even ran against him. As for measure H people are so desperate to do something about the homeless they'll pay anything in hopes it'll work... but of course it won't. LA is a sad desperate place right now and I thank my parents for moving out of there a long time ago.

I think Garcetti is ramping up for a Gov run but don't think he'll win I think Newsome will and God help us all.
I don't think Garcetti will run for Governor. It's not his time and I don't see him wanting to move onto Governorship until 2020 when Newsom runs for POTUS.

The problem right now with the GOP is Trump has tainted the party so much that they are now losing races in recently local elections. Even Utah's resident's are back up Evan and this obscure Doctor Kathryn Allen received a windfall of cash from supporters.

2018 is looking like the year the Democrats return to the power.

Old 03-09-2017, 06:39 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astoriahoney View Post
I think the problem with combating Homelessness is tied to so many things here in Los Angeles in particular. It's unique even compared to San Francisco.

The Weather being so desirable is what lures some homeless people from other cities to LA.
Wonder how a huge earthquake like you dream of would affect the homeless

Old 03-09-2017, 06:45 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Quote:
I don't think Garcetti will run for Governor. It's not his time and I don't see him wanting to move onto Governorship until 2020 when Newsom runs for POTUS.

The problem right now with the GOP is Trump has tainted the party so much that they are now losing races in recently local elections. Even Utah's resident's are back up Evan and this obscure Doctor Kathryn Allen received a windfall of cash from supporters.

2018 is looking like the year the Democrats return to the power.
Republicans control the house , senate and Presidency .
Americans tired of identify politics nonsense .

Old 03-09-2017, 07:32 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
This guy literally got re-elected by stunning numbers by losing jobs and increasing crime.

Think about that for a second. If I was the CEO of a company, and I lost the company massive amounts of money, market share, and everyone had to take a paycut because of my mistakes, I wouldn't be too popular. Heck, I might be expected to step down.

But in LA LA Land, you give the guy another term as Mayor and discuss a potential run for Governor.

California voters should be forced to take an IQ test before being able to cast a ballot.
In all earnest, I think voting in L.A. elections should be restricted to people who were born in this city, rather than people who migrate here and then have the utter gaul to start demanding things. If we didn't have all these grubby new people selfishly voting themselves stuff, we'd have lower taxes, Measure S would have passed, etc.

Old 03-09-2017, 07:37 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times
Quote:

True, but dont we also have an issue of other states dropping off their homeless here?

Old 03-09-2017, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
True, but dont we also have an issue of other states dropping off their homeless here?
yes we do.

During the 90/00's we had a high percentage of Meth addicts. Probably the lion's share in the US. These people have evolved into full blown Schizophrenics (drug induced). Majority of them have encampments in Hollywood these days.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Republicans control the house , senate and Presidency .
Americans tired of identify politics nonsense .
The House and Senate are up for election in 2018 just a year away and we'll be 8 months if not sooner from Congressional campaigns. I think GOP knows they are in hot water and will want to get their message out sooner.

Democrats at this point just have to show up to win a good chunk of Congress back. Even with the Gerrymandering I don't see the GOP keeping the Senate.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:21 PM

992 posts, read 876,640 times
No. I think the governor's race will be between Villaraigosa and Newsom. I hope Villaraigosa wins. Garcetti can (and should) run for Feinstein's seat once she retires.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:22 PM

992 posts, read 876,640 times
Quote:
up to win a good chunk of Congress back. Even with the Gerrymandering I don't see the GOP keeping the Senate.
The senate isn't gerrymandered. Only the house is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles