Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 04:47 AM

2 posts, read 5,131 times

Advertisements

hey. I live in the USC area now, pretty close to Jefferson/Hoover, and let me tell you, it is incredibly boring here. I have no car as of right now and it is a rough situation. The food around here is so bad that its actually pathetic (community members have begun an initiative to ban more fast-food chains from coming in.) If you are trying to live around here, the borders are basically Vermont (West), Figueroa (East), Adams (North) and Jefferson (South). There are a few apartments on the southern and western sides of campus, but they are way less popular. Crime actually isn't too bad around here and while you do hear about the occasional stick-up it isn't as prevalent as one might think. Nonetheless, seeing as you're a graduate student, you should probably try to live in an area of LA where there is more to do. There don't seem to be too many grad students living around the area and I'm sure that you would meet way more people if you were to live somewhere else. Congrats on getting into USC, the school itself is awesome, couldn't pick a campus where I'd rather be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 05:13 AM

16 posts, read 47,681 times
I have some peeps who lived across the street from USC and it wuz cool. Don't let anybody say nuthin else bout it.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:22 PM

9 posts, read 18,706 times
I'm a grad student at USC and I live in the Miracle Mile district (it's an area surrounding Wilshire between Fairfax and LaBrea). It's close to the Grove shopping center, the LA County Museum of art, and this ridiculously large sprawling apartment complex called Park La Brea. I rent a studio here. It's a really nice area, and I can get to and fro school in about 20 mins (15 at the fastest, 25-30 in heavy traffic).

Old 10-12-2008, 11:24 PM

9 posts, read 18,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LABrutha View Post
I have some peeps who lived across the street from USC and it wuz cool. Don't let anybody say nuthin else bout it.
P.S People really do tend to exxagerate how "scary" things are around USC. I know people who live right next to campus, and it really is fine as long as you're close to the school and use common sense when it comes to safety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles