Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Latino/Black Gang Warfare in Los Angeles
Is Ethnic Cleansing (Latino gang members exterminating Blacks in Latino Neighborhoods) 12 34.29%
Is Payback by Latino Gangs on Blacks (For Black on Latino gang crime in the past) 7 20.00%
Is not a problem that affects all of Los Angeles. (Only affects those who live in gang infested areas). 11 31.43%
Will cause more separation between people of Latino and Black ethnicity. 15 42.86%
Doesn't affect my life (I couldn't care less about this subject). 3 8.57%
Doesn't affect my life (I care but am too busy with my life and family to get involved). 7 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 04:24 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,751,467 times

Advertisements

Gang culture is not a latino culture. it is an american culture.

thats why there have been black gangs, irish gangs, italian gangs, asian gangs, white gangs, in addition to latino gangs.

The culture stems from America's systematic racism that has been in place since the beginning.
When Italians and Irish were looked down upon, they lived in poor areas and formed gangs.
Blacks have always been forced into poorer areas, where they formed gangs.
Same thing with newly immigrated asians and africans.

Gangs breed in underpriviliged areas, that are underserved and overlooked by the government.

Before you suggest that mexicans are the problem, and suggest that they all be deported which would make America a suddenly crime-free country, how about you pick up a book and read some history, ass.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 03-06-2008 at 09:47 PM.. Reason: orphaned material removed

Old 03-06-2008, 04:49 PM

128 posts, read 461,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
It's funny how these gang members never go after REAL BLACK GANGSTAS. It's always civilians.

True Dat...

Old 03-06-2008, 05:22 PM

128 posts, read 461,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
terrible, but how strange, when this happens, all done with fire arms, where is the multimillion dollar machine
that rises up in moral outrage about gun control? why is gun control something only focused on law abiding citizens? a strange puzzle.
TRUE INDEED. GOOD QUESTIONS RAISED. THESE QUESTIONS SHOULD BE RAISED TO THE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:50 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post
1) gangmembers arent terribly smart, otherwise they wouldnt be doing that crap because there are much better options available.

2) gangmembers have families, and they aren't always offlimits

3) colors mean everything. hell, there was a time when all raiders and kings merchandise was banned from schools because of gang issues
Good lord!

Well, I guess that means I won't be able to wear my cute long red sundress (with a mix of orange & pink) anytime soon then.

What a bunch of jackasses.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:53 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
like i said the H.gateway is a different story. that can be racially motivated by gang members. its happened historically in this part of town. but this is not the case for all of los angeles. i mentioned 3 areas this has happend. the avenues in NE LA. Harbor gateway and in the 38th street area. racial tension amongst gangs exists. and who knows who these lowlifes saw in the suv. who knows what side they shot them from. and some gang members are that ridiculous. last year some college kid was killed for wearing ALL red in a part of town he was unfamiliar with, a blue part of town. but because of this incident in harbor i would not say the whole of LA is in a race war. thats my point. either way this is a tragedy when a 6 year old is on life support. i would be destroyed if it was one of my kids. its senseless. i really think these lowlifes need to be in one big gang brawl to see how bad they really are. no guns tho. knives, chains, bricks, go ahead. we are better without them anyways.
You honestly can't explain it can you?

There really isn't a rational explanation at all, except for the fact that they were either black or (heaven help us!) driving a RED van.

I swear, the more I read or hear this nonsense, the more I believe the military has done some "experiments" in this part of the country. The intelligence level is just way too low and the love of violence is beyond nuts (even by east coast standards).

Old 03-08-2008, 05:56 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
You honestly can't explain it can you?

There really isn't a rational explanation at all, except for the fact that they were either black or (heaven help us!) driving a RED van.

I swear, the more I read or hear this nonsense, the more I believe the military has done some "experiments" in this part of the country. The intelligence level is just way too low and the love of violence is beyond nuts (even by east coast standards).
there is no logic with regard to the why...
they just do and it's open and active.tit for tat

Old 03-10-2008, 08:50 AM

76 posts, read 357,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
I never want to end up in the gutter. Gangs are terrorists, and should I say, trash. Note, Harbor Gateway borders South LA, divided between El Sugundo Street.
Yes Harbor Gateway does border part of South L.A,but the part where this boy was shot is not relatively close to South L.A.This part actually borders Torrance a very nice area.It is literally a two minute drive from affluent parts of Torrance(My mother lives very close by). Its really disturbing that people believe that it only happens in the ghetto ,incidents like this should open people's eyes to what is going on here.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:53 PM

29 posts, read 78,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Gang culture is not a latino culture. it is an american culture.

thats why there have been black gangs, irish gangs, italian gangs, asian gangs, white gangs, in addition to latino gangs.

The culture stems from America's systematic racism that has been in place since the beginning.
When Italians and Irish were looked down upon, they lived in poor areas and formed gangs.
Blacks have always been forced into poorer areas, where they formed gangs.
Same thing with newly immigrated asians and africans.

Gangs breed in underpriviliged areas, that are underserved and overlooked by the government.

Before you suggest that mexicans are the problem, and suggest that they all be deported which would make America a suddenly crime-free country, how about you pick up a book and read some history, ass.
Gang culture will always be there. And they have lived by certain codes regardless of the race of the gang, such as only targeting other gangs.

But when a certain group of people or gangs target defenseless and harmless civilians that is not gang warfare, that is COWARDICE in its highest form, that’s what these latino gang members are, nothing but cowards for targeting helpless civilians.

The black gangs don't seem to be doing anything, because the Latino gangs know better than to target them, if they did, then it will be an all out warfare. I agree, in the meantime bring in the NATIONAL GUARD.

Nowadays you gotta think about packing some heat just in case.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:52 PM

4 posts, read 11,072 times
In my humble opinion, after moving from NYC and living in LA County for three years, the problem is the large youth Mexican population, Latinos and blacks get along very well in NYC in fact Harlem is mostly Mexican in some parts now and blacks and Puerto Ricans are not fighting with them. In NYC Mexicans have been accepted as a growing minority along with Dominicans. When a county is close to 50% Mexican, and poor you will have problems. In Mexican culture blacks have never been liked. In fact they are looked down upon as inferior to Mexicans. I am Salvadoran and even my own people have been harassed by the Mexican gangs so much so that the notorious MS13 gang grew out of resentment agains the Mexican majority.

Its a shame that between the Mexicans living in California and all the flakes who move here looking to be stars, are lowering the quality of life here. Blacks are good people and we should stop accepting Mexicans as the only acceptable minority here. Take it from a proud Latino

Old 03-11-2008, 07:12 PM

194 posts, read 303,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walvanson View Post
In my humble opinion, after moving from NYC and living in LA County for three years, the problem is the large youth Mexican population, Latinos and blacks get along very well in NYC in fact Harlem is mostly Mexican in some parts now and blacks and Puerto Ricans are not fighting with them. In NYC Mexicans have been accepted as a growing minority along with Dominicans. When a county is close to 50% Mexican, and poor you will have problems. In Mexican culture blacks have never been liked. In fact they are looked down upon as inferior to Mexicans. I am Salvadoran and even my own people have been harassed by the Mexican gangs so much so that the notorious MS13 gang grew out of resentment agains the Mexican majority.

Its a shame that between the Mexicans living in California and all the flakes who move here looking to be stars, are lowering the quality of life here. Blacks are good people and we should stop accepting Mexicans as the only acceptable minority here. Take it from a proud Latino

This is an EXCELLENT first (well, actually second) post, Walvanson!

Don't be a stranger! Feel free to offer your insight on L.A. and New York City.

I've got a feeling you've got some great insight and opinions to share!

Welcome to City-Data!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles