Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 09:53 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,880,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanna James View Post
Oh my God! We are all American citizens! We have jobs and still continue to look for another place. We aren't just going tho let them take advantage of us
Who's this "them" of which you write? Who's taking advantage of you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2017, 01:32 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Juventas 2.0?

Old 04-09-2017, 06:13 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,823,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Juventas 2.0?
Please no

Old 04-09-2017, 07:59 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
please no
Lol

Old 04-10-2017, 02:07 AM

6 posts, read 6,307 times
The OP's came with money and 10 days to before new jobs were to begin. We went to county to ask for information... DID NOT RECEIVE ANY ASSITANCE! Idiots we aren't law breaking citizens! We rented the place Nd then later found out it was illegal. We were informed by city code enforcement, they are installing new water lines down this whole block and somewhere in their code enforcement was informed. The county ( code enforcement officers) told us that we need to move out and the owners will be notifed of details. I don't care what happens to them, I have a lease and that's why they paid us back. We aren't waiting on a handout or squatting we are looking for a place all day everday. As a born American Citizen, it seems like we get discriminated against more for that. 2 days ago a woman wouldn't show me an apt because I didn't speak Spanish? This isn't fair and to be clear.. HELL YEA I WANT THE OWNER TO PAY MY MOVING COSTS! We weren't prepared for this! We had just settled in. Why the hell do I have to turn my family's life upside down because of a con artist greedy selfish family. We aren't just going to take our money back and leave. She needs to do way better than that! And to anyone who doesn't have any advice that's positive then jump off a bridge and live your sorry as life paying someone's mortgage whe you live illegally! My family isn't about that!

Old 04-10-2017, 02:09 AM

6 posts, read 6,307 times
Everyone else with positive info! Thanks! Got attorney appt already from someone's message on this thread!

Old 04-10-2017, 09:37 AM

1,122 posts, read 961,950 times
Just for the record - there are many converted garages in and around Los Angeles County. It's mostly Hispanic families that do this illegally. Sadly many get away with it.

Old 04-10-2017, 12:17 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,823,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanna James View Post
Everyone else with positive info! Thanks! Got attorney appt already from someone's message on this thread!
I have no idea what's wrong with some of the posters but can only believe they have miserable lives. Of course, there will be no apologies from them either.
Anyway, I'm glad you're getting some help here and moving forward. The landlord that turned you down because you don't speak Spanish is in violation of rental laws but you're probably much better off not living there. No landlord can discriminate, period.
Good luck with your search and welcome to California!

Old 04-10-2017, 01:15 PM

823 posts, read 1,056,189 times
Just for the record - there are many converted garages in and around Los Angeles County. It's mostly Hispanic families that do this illegally. Sadly many get away with it.

Are you kidding me?! It's not mostly Hispanic familes, illegally converted garages are common across the board in LA, regardless of race, income or where you live. The westside is full of them, it's one way people can afford to live here (both the people receiving the rental income and the people paying it).

And yes, OP, it's really sad the assumptions some of the other posters made about your situation. There's lots of good advice on these forums, but there are also plenty ready to jump in and naysay on everything. Good luck with getting it all sorted out.

Old 04-10-2017, 01:25 PM

53 posts, read 56,039 times
Deanna James sounds a lot like James Deen from another thread. Poor sentencing and incorrect grammar leads me to believe she wasn't born in an English-speaking family. My guess is he/she is borred...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles