Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 07:23 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
Fuddruckers is pretty good. Their beef burgers are so so but I've always appreciated how they have elk, buffalo and ostrich!
I was hoping someone would mention Fuddruckers. Best burger place I've been to. And the milkshakes are also very good.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2017, 02:13 PM

165 posts, read 149,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
Fatburger.

It taste great. It's a great size. And it doesn't carry the "gourmet" burger price. It can be a bit messy. But that's part of why you eat a burger anyway.
I'm a Fatburger fan, too. Since moving to the South Bay in 2007, I don't have one very close to my immediate neighborhood, so I don't eat there as frequently as I used to. The last time I ate at Fatburger in Carson, several months ago, I noticed they'd merged with a hot wings chain, Buffalo Wild Wings, I think. The whole Fatburger menu was available, along with the hot wings menu, which is kind of a match made in heaven if you don't know what you want to order or want a little of both. But if Fatburger merged for financial reasons, I find that surprising. I thought they were doing ok financially, but maybe not.

Old 05-24-2017, 02:30 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,520,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittle_star View Post
I'm a Fatburger fan, too. Since moving to the South Bay in 2007, I don't have one very close to my immediate neighborhood, so I don't eat there as frequently as I used to. The last time I ate at Fatburger in Carson, several months ago, I noticed they'd merged with a hot wings chain, Buffalo Wild Wings, I think. The whole Fatburger menu was available, along with the hot wings menu, which is kind of a match made in heaven if you don't know what you want to order or want a little of both. But if Fatburger merged for financial reasons, I find that surprising. I thought they were doing ok financially, but maybe not.
Fatburger partners with Buffalo

Old 05-24-2017, 03:00 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,524,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
If you like burgers that are more diner than bistro, the apple pan has a good one.

Agree here, especially the hickory burger. They have been around forever. They also make great pie.

I recall a similar thread about a year ago.

Old 05-24-2017, 04:12 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittle_star View Post
Yeah I noticed some of the fat burger places have wings now

It's not Buffalo Wild Wings but a company their parent company bought called wings cafe

The move is expected to raise awareness of the 25-unit Buffalo’s Café concept, which was acquired by Fatburger parent Beverly Hills, Calif.-based Fog Cutter Capital Group Inc. in 2011.

Also looks like you can buy frozen fatburger patties at 3000 Walmart locations .
Licensing

Old 05-25-2017, 12:36 AM

2,914 posts, read 2,686,608 times
Hinano's in Venice
Big Jo's in Santa Monica
Bill's Burgers in Van Nuys

Old 05-26-2017, 10:00 AM

165 posts, read 149,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yeah I noticed some of the fat burger places have wings now

It's not Buffalo Wild Wings but a company their parent company bought called wings cafe

The move is expected to raise awareness of the 25-unit Buffalo’s Café concept, which was acquired by Fatburger parent Beverly Hills, Calif.-based Fog Cutter Capital Group Inc. in 2011.

Also looks like you can buy frozen fatburger patties at 3000 Walmart locations .
Licensing
Ah, I see. Thanks for the info. I had no idea you could get the hot wings sauce ON the burger. Damn! Had I known that last time I was there, I definitely would have tried it out! I was on my way home and stopped for a quick bite, so I ordered my Fatburger usual (medium Fat w/ the works, easy lettuce, fat fries) and didn't even think to look at the rest of the menu.

Old 05-27-2017, 11:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I was hoping someone would mention Fuddruckers. Best burger place I've been to. And the milkshakes are also very good.
years ago I loved Fuddruckers in the Dallas area, but they went way down in quality a few years ago. I guess like most food it is very subjective and there is no place everyone will agree on. The debate continues.

Old 05-27-2017, 12:02 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times
Costco is getting into the burger game in SoCal

https://la.eater.com/2017/5/26/15700...ern-california

Old 05-28-2017, 01:01 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,669,599 times
The best commercial Burger Spot is Fatburger & In&Out.

If you want the best inner city burger than go to Hawkins burgers in Watts but make sure you order first on the phone instead of standing in line out there lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles