Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 09:52 AM

3,268 posts, read 3,330,476 times

Advertisements

Why didn't they stay in San Diego? Are they expected to do well and have good turnouts for the games?

I just dont know why there are 2 teams in one city...I guess NYC has two sports teams in baseball though.

In general it doesn't seem like CA is a huge football state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 01:51 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,169,555 times
Discussed ad nauseum. Consider using the search feature.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:57 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,834,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
Why didn't they stay in San Diego? Are they expected to do well and have good turnouts for the games?

I just dont know why there are 2 teams in one city...I guess NYC has two sports teams in baseball though.

In general it doesn't seem like CA is a huge football state?
CA has produced the second most current NFL players after FL. CA is a huge football state.

NYC actually has 2 MLB teams, 2 NFL teams, 2 NHL teams and 2 NBA teams. LA can support two NFL teams and actually needs 2 to pay for the new stadium. San Diego is one of the worst sports towns I've ever been to and they deserver zero pro teams

Old 05-16-2017, 01:57 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,918,048 times
they go where the money is or they think it is.

Old 05-16-2017, 03:55 PM

Hmm. I lived in san diego for a bit and it didnt seem like that bad of a sports city. Id think their games would have a lot of turnout given the colleges in the area not to mention military presence.

LA doesnt strike me as a sports type of place.

Old 05-16-2017, 04:27 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,834,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
Hmm. I lived in san diego for a bit and it didnt seem like that bad of a sports city. Id think their games would have a lot of turnout given the colleges in the area not to mention military presence.

LA doesnt strike me as a sports type of place.
I've been to a couple of Chargers games and people cared more about getting drunk in the parking lot before the game then going into watch the game. I've been to a couple of Padres games at Petco which is right in the Gaslamp and they allow you to leave the stadium and re-enter so people leave in the 2nd inning and go eat dinner and drink at bars and then go back in the 8th inning if the game is close. I grew up in Boston at a time where sports where a life and death proposition so I have a different outlook

Old 05-16-2017, 04:39 PM

50,479 posts, read 47,219,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
I've been to a couple of Chargers games and people cared more about getting drunk in the parking lot before the game then going into watch the game. I've been to a couple of Padres games at Petco which is right in the Gaslamp and they allow you to leave the stadium and re-enter so people leave in the 2nd inning and go eat dinner and drink at bars and then go back in the 8th inning if the game is close. I grew up in Boston at a time where sports where a life and death proposition so I have a different outlook
Life and death. Interesting outlook indeed. We have the best weather in the US. Most can't afford to go to an overpriced NFL game and I'm sure as hell not going to go tailgate with a bunch of drunk idiots all looking for a fight at 9 am.

News flash, most of the drunk idiots at 9 am were the opposing team's (cough raider) fans. Almost every game the stadium was filled with other team's fans it didn't matter who they played. Chiefs, Donks, Hawks it didn't matter. And yes, getting hammered at first light.

Don't worship false idols. There is more to life than keeping billionaires rich "watching" someone else do something like play a game. Which is all it is, a game. There is so much more to do on a Sunday than yelling at people drunk off your A$$ all the while having no direct correlation to anything going on. The NFL, not just Spanos, is laughing all the way to the bank. Go get those season tickets suckers.

Old 05-16-2017, 05:54 PM

I live in Boston now and getting drunk or at the very least drinking alcohol seems to be a huge part of going to games. Probably ruins it for people taking kids...but plenty of people do continue to take kids.

It seems like attending the game in person is down. People are preferring to watch the game from home because it's more comfortable. The NFL is investing a lot to make the fan experience better for fans in the stadium.

Not to sound dumb but doesn't the NFL still get a lot of money for people watching from their homes? Everyone watches the superbowl.

I have never been to a patriots game or a Celtics game and i live in boston. Ive been to a handful of sox games and 1 bruins game. It's not my thing and i can understand how people would rather watch from home. Traffic getting in and out of the stadium, crowds, not all seats are good, food and drinks are overpriced. Even the cost of tickets is crazy. It seems like it's always rich people around here who go to the games somewhat regularly and have good seats. I don't understand why the ticket prices need to be so high.

So yeah the NFL will never have me as an in the stands kind of fan.

Old 05-16-2017, 06:19 PM

1,855 posts, read 2,923,726 times
LA would build a new stadium

San Diego wouldn't

Old 05-16-2017, 06:23 PM

Why cant both teams use the same stadium. Building another stadium seems unnecessary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles