Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2017, 06:17 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,475,684 times

Advertisements

Now look at how silly and dangerous Garcetti's recent statement on ICE was.
If it was up to Garcetti (which luckily it isn't) these raids would never have happened and these scumbags ..yes rapists etc are scumbags..would still be on the street.

""Today I spoke to the Deputy Director of ICE’s Los Angeles Field Office and made it very clear that I want greater transparency about ongoing operations and the status of all Los Angeles residents who may have been arrested or detained. I told the Deputy Director that I will do everything in my power — working alongside our City Attorney, the LAPD, immigrants’ rights advocates, congressional delegation and outside lawyers — to make sure that the legal rights of all Angelenos are respected and upheld at every stage of the enforcement process.
Angelenos should not have to fear raids that are disruptive to their peace of mind and bring unnecessary anxiety to our homes, schools, and workplaces. The Administration should take a just, humane, and sensible approach that does not cause pain for people who only want to live their lives and raise their families in the communities they call home."*-- Mayor Eric Garcetti"

--
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers arrested nearly 190 people in Southern California in a five-day operation that targeted “public safety threats,” including criminal foreign nationals, illegal re-entrants and immigration fugitives, authorities announced Thursday.
About 90 percent — 169 of the 188 people — arrested in the six-county enforcement operation that ended Wednesday had prior criminal convictions, the agency said. Among them were 15 people convicted of sex crimes, including a convicted rapist, a previously deported cocaine trafficker, and two people convicted of cruelty to a child.

“It’s a win for us and now we’ve taken these convicted criminals off the streets so they can’t re-offend, they can’t make more victims and ultimately, our goal is to remove them from the country,” David Marin, field office director for Enforcement and Removal Operations in Los Angeles, said in an interview. “They weren’t people who just had traffic tickets or speeding violations.”

ICE arrests nearly 190 immigrants in Southern California, including convicted rapist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 06:25 PM

1,726 posts, read 1,724,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
If it was up to Garcetti (which luckily it isn't) these raids would never have happened and these scumbags ..yes rapists etc are scumbags..would still be on the street.

""Today I spoke to the Deputy Director of ICE’s Los Angeles Field Office and made it very clear that I want greater transparency about ongoing operations and the status of all Los Angeles residents who may have been arrested or detained. I told the Deputy Director that I will do everything in my power — working alongside our City Attorney, the LAPD, immigrants’ rights advocates, congressional delegation and outside lawyers — to make sure that the legal rights of all Angelenos are respected and upheld at every stage of the enforcement process.
Angelenos should not have to fear raids that are disruptive to their peace of mind and bring unnecessary anxiety to our homes, schools, and workplaces. The Administration should take a just, humane, and sensible approach that does not cause pain for people who only want to live their lives and raise their families in the communities they call home."*-- Mayor Eric Garcetti"

--
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers arrested nearly 190 people in Southern California in a five-day operation that targeted “public safety threats,” including criminal foreign nationals, illegal re-entrants and immigration fugitives, authorities announced Thursday.
About 90 percent — 169 of the 188 people — arrested in the six-county enforcement operation that ended Wednesday had prior criminal convictions, the agency said. Among them were 15 people convicted of sex crimes, including a convicted rapist, a previously deported cocaine trafficker, and two people convicted of cruelty to a child.

“It’s a win for us and now we’ve taken these convicted criminals off the streets so they can’t re-offend, they can’t make more victims and ultimately, our goal is to remove them from the country,” David Marin, field office director for Enforcement and Removal Operations in Los Angeles, said in an interview. “They weren’t people who just had traffic tickets or speeding violations.”

ICE arrests nearly 190 immigrants in Southern California, including convicted rapist
JM, does this include or exclude the 21 MS-13 gang members who were also rounded up?

Old 05-25-2017, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert_from_back_East View Post
JM, does this include or exclude the 21 MS-13 gang members who were also rounded up?
I believe it was separate . I read that ICE wasn't involved in the most recent MS13 raids .

Old 05-25-2017, 06:34 PM

29 posts, read 28,570 times
Wow! They wait until AFTER I leave L.A. to do this. THEY are the reason I left L.A.

Old 05-25-2017, 06:38 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,150,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post

--

"I will work tirelessly to divert the few dollars we have for infrastructure maintenance in Los Angeles to a better cause: the defense of criminal immigrants in deportation proceedings. I will also work until all hours of the night to prepare gift baskets to all Angelenos who are part of the Immigrant community."

-Cuckcetti

Old 05-25-2017, 07:19 PM

From the ICE website you can see the breakdown of crimes committed

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/ic...ens-illegal-re

Old 05-25-2017, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
"I will work tirelessly to divert the few dollars we have for infrastructure maintenance in Los Angeles to a better cause: the defense of criminal immigrants in deportation proceedings. I will also work until all hours of the night to prepare gift baskets to all Angelenos who are part of the Immigrant community."

-Cuckcetti
Too funny . Sad part is I could picture him actually saying that .

Old 05-25-2017, 08:35 PM

1,855 posts, read 2,920,369 times
They have to go back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: