Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 12:43 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juventas View Post
He doesn't have a computer he uses an IPad and because he told me that he lives out of his car. He goes to coffee shops and uses the free WIFI. I know he always has a high phone bill and can never pay the full amount every month. He says that he does try to pay at least $100 on the bill each month. As for food he eats at Subway a lot and buys fruit from the 99 cent store. I know it's insane that I tried to help him. I just didn't want him to go hungry which is why I told him to apply for foodstamps.
Oh, come on, OP! He's playing you! All the homeless people know there's free computer use at any public library. Go to a public library near a downtown or wherever the homeless are found in numbers, and you'll see them at the computers for hours/day, every day. I think you should do a disappearing act on this guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2017, 12:46 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Why wouldn't he be eligible for foodstamps when he doesn't have a job and barely has any income? Sometimes he get's paid to write articles and do odd writing jobs here and there he's never had a real job.
again I will ask you where is he getting the money to do anything? You know your story is getting a little harder to swallow each minute. Have you seen these so called articles he has written? When he writes these articles how does he get paid and where do the media involved send his checks?

Old 05-22-2017, 12:47 PM

643 posts, read 506,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Oh, come on, OP! He's playing you! All the homeless people know there's free computer use at any public library. Go to a public library near a downtown or wherever the homeless are found in numbers, and you'll see them at the computers for hours/day, every day. I think you should do a disappearing act on this guy.
So the people at Verizon are lying when they say he has a late fees and is at risk of losing services? He had the IPad long before he moved to LA I said he uses the free WIFI at coffee shops.

Old 05-22-2017, 12:49 PM

5,021 posts, read 7,449,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
This is the entire crux of the matter.

There is a good chance that this guy isn't even really homeless, but just scamming the OP for money which she has sent him before. (Note: she met her "friend" online.)

So, the *smart* thing for the OP to do isn't to try to solve his so-called problems, or worse, send him MORE money, but to tell him to call the LA County Social Services office as I suggested.

He needs to solve his own problems, regardless.
Great post!!!
OP you are being played BIG time.

Old 05-22-2017, 12:52 PM

130,259 posts, read 12,099,804 times
Quote:
So the people at Verizon are lying when they say he has a late fees and is at risk of losing services? He had the IPad long before he moved to LA I said he uses the free WIFI at coffee shops.
Why is it your problem, if he has late fees? He is an adult. But if you want to be scammed, continue to do so.

Old 05-22-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
again I will ask you where is he getting the money to do anything? You know your story is getting a little harder to swallow each minute. Have you seen these so called articles he has written? When he writes these articles how does he get paid and where do the media involved send his checks?
I have seen the articles yes I think he has family members who help him out sometimes. He said sometimes he goes weeks without being paid. He had a gofundme account before but no one donated any money.

Old 05-22-2017, 12:56 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,532,629 times
I feel like I've left CD and have been transported back to middle/high school and am listening to kids talk about their problems.

Old 05-22-2017, 12:56 PM

Quote:
I have seen the articles yes I think he has family members who help him out sometimes. He said sometimes he goes weeks without being paid. He had a gofundme account before but no one donated any money.
you didn't answer the question; how is he getting paid? Is it by check, cash or whatever? Has his ever concerned you?

Old 05-22-2017, 01:02 PM

I sent him a friend request on Facebook awhile ago after seeing some of his content online. We talked online for a year things got sexual and then in 2015 I went to LA. And we met up again last year so this is how things started. I know it's strange and weird but this is how it happened. I thought I would just meet up with him have sex and that would be the end of it so now we are at this point.

Old 05-22-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
I sent him a friend request on Facebook awhile ago after seeing some of his content online. We talked online for a year things got sexual and then in 2015 I went to LA. And we met up again last year so this is how things started. I know it's strange and weird but this is how it happened. I thought I would just meet up with him have sex and that would be the end of it so now we are at this point.
so now you are telling us he has been living in L.A. for a long time. When you send him gift cards to Subway for instance where do you send them if he has no address? Do you just put on the envalope: deliver o to the Blue van on Hollywood blvd, a block for the walk of fame?

It is interesting to know, you went all the way to Los Angeles just to meet up with someone for sex. Boy is that a new one!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles