Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 01:14 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,260,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
You mean like those $2M, 1200 square foot, one car garage, homes near the beach or in the Hollywood Hills?
No, like the 20,000 sq/ft, $20,000,000 house with 10 car garage just back from the beach!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 07:23 PM

14 posts, read 19,364 times
Hey folks I am an Aussie girl but i Live here in Marina Del Rey and Newport Beach.

Thought I would join in the convo and say Hello to the OP.

Santa Monica / Marina Dey Rey is really not that hip yes it is full of yacht but still it's a dump. The streets are dirty and so on....

In Australia if the place is considered a rich suburb you wont see dirt on the streets like you would here in Santa Monica. Australia has a clean tidy policy and I am not saying USA isn't clean at all. Is just that in Australia you could really tell if rich people live in that suburb.

April.
[mod cut: manual signature]

Last edited by uptown_urbanist; 06-19-2010 at 11:16 PM..

Old 05-16-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post

There are also 2 kinds of rich, one that is slave to the money and the other kind who mastered it. Those driving around in an expensive car is likely to be in the first group.
I do agree with you to some extent. Most people drive nice cars because it gives them confidence as well as many other personal reasons

However, people that drive really expensive super sports cars do so because of tax benefits.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Loved this post mysticaltyger. The fact is that for most when the paycheck increases so does the spending and in most cases the debt load. Someone makes $50,000 and spends it. Someone makes $1million and spends it. I rememember reading an interview with Luke Walton (of the Lakers for the uninformed.) He said that he didn't know how anyone could live in the LA area without at least an income of $1million a year. What I am thinking is that he won't have much money when he stops playing ball.

Others have taken incomes invested it into retirement accounts and over time have built wealth that will keep them comfortable for the remainder of their life. I know of a lot of co-workers that have built retirement accounts into the million or multi million dollar range while paying off their mortgages and staying out of debt. That to me is the regular persons real wealth.
It's called "Propensity to spend/save".

Old 05-16-2010, 07:37 PM

I do notice that I haven't seen one single black person in Marina Del Rey / Santa Monica since I have moved here 6 years ago. Infact i have not seen a black person in Newport Beach either.

Have you guys/gals also noticed murder rate has dropped considerably in California since Obama bin ladin became USA President?

Old 05-17-2010, 07:50 PM

14 posts, read 35,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilSwift View Post
I do notice that I haven't seen one single black person in Marina Del Rey / Santa Monica since I have moved here 6 years ago. Infact i have not seen a black person in Newport Beach either.

Have you guys/gals also noticed murder rate has dropped considerably in California since Obama bin ladin became USA President?

You must live in a cave with obama bin ladin because i'm black and i know 4 black people who live in Santa Monica, also, i know 2 blacks who live in Newport Beach. Mindblowing numbers..... *wipes sarcasm from lips*

They range from ages 23 to 35, moreover, all but one have a college degree. Then again i cant diminish your experience!? Now can i? nor discredit your account.

I would attribute the murder rate decrease to some of the methods employed by former cheif Bratton.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:59 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,755,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilSwift View Post
Hey folks I am an Aussie girl but i Live here in Marina Del Rey and Newport Beach.
How do you do that?

Old 06-19-2010, 05:09 PM

77 posts, read 88,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosd View Post
Not including Hollywood celebrities and famous people.
Rich means having over 10 mil in the bank, over 10 properties, and earn over 2 mil a year .

Anyway, I don't consider myself rich because i am not one of those lucky ones but i do alright, i am from Newport Beach but also own an apartment in Marina Del Rey. If you want to know there are a lot of wealthy people spawned all over the west side from Santa Barbara, Santa Monica, Newport beach, Huntington beach(not really a rich place), Bel Air, Brentwood, Westwood, Laguna beach, Malibu, Beverly Hills, and west Hollywood.

These areas have no murders recorded. Once you go inland there are a lot of murders, rape, and robberies everywhere.

Last edited by NewportBeachGuy; 06-19-2010 at 06:03 PM..

Old 06-19-2010, 05:20 PM

168 posts, read 546,466 times
look up Hidden Valley and the estates on Portrero rd in Thousand Oaks/Westlake. That area is a real gem.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:36 PM

1 posts, read 4,785 times
Lets answer the question straight forward. "Where do Rich people live in L.A? Answer: Everywhere. Look around. There are rich people who like to flaunt and others who are humble. It all depends on what definition of rich? Rich as in blessed with materialistic things or Rich in heart? Through media we tend to believe that the celebrities are the ones who are rich but in reality most live in smaller homes consisting of 2000+ sq. Ft. Homes that in L.A. Area range in prices close to the $1,000,000 range. There are areas where the wealthy or "Rich" reside like the gated community of Bell Canyon, Calabasas and West Hills etc. We have become jaded to believe that image is what makes our status so now questions like "Where do rich people live in L.A?" The types of cars we drive the way we dress. Rich to me is no bills no debt everything paid off. Well I would be lying to you if I said that were true for rich or wealthy people in California. If most known areas is what you are looking for than look to the west toward the hills. Basically it's where you think they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles