Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 06:51 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,347,077 times

Advertisements

True there was a thread in the real estate forum where a lady was asking why sellers weren't wanting to negotiate with her . In a seller's market seller's aren't as motivated to negotiate because they'll have multiple offers if the home is priced right .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2017, 07:42 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,808,417 times
The reality is that many people with a lot of assets come to LA, and then perform an asset exchange: sell AAPL & AMZN for example, and purchase residential real estate.

Old 06-13-2017, 05:06 PM

240 posts, read 238,587 times
There are still areas in the SGV that are under $600K. I wrote an offer in Azusa today for under $500K. It's over asking - a lot of offers are. And we know we're in multiples.

Just for sheer curiosity, I just ran the stats for the West San Gabriel Valley MLS Association, and last month the list to sales price ratio sold on average 100.8%. I'm encouraging people to not look over their price range and hope to negotiate down because that's just not typical right now. If it's priced right, it's in multiples.

OP, I think it all depends on what you're wishlist is. Can you elaborate on what you're trying to find? Are you looking in more affluent neighborhoods? Are you willing to consider a slightly further commute for a more modest neighborhood but where you might find the size of home you're looking for that better matches your budget? Maybe check into Duarte, Glendora, La Verne, and Temple City. If you're heading east, you might find La Crescenta (maybe...), Tujunga, Glendale, or Eagle Rock depending on what you're trying to find in the house itself.

Good luck!

Old 06-13-2017, 05:18 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,797,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeSomeSFVHouses View Post
There are still areas in the SGV that are under $600K. I wrote an offer in Azusa today for under $500K. It's over asking - a lot of offers are. And we know we're in multiples.

Just for sheer curiosity, I just ran the stats for the West San Gabriel Valley MLS Association, and last month the list to sales price ratio sold on average 100.8%. I'm encouraging people to not look over their price range and hope to negotiate down because that's just not typical right now. If it's priced right, it's in multiples.

OP, I think it all depends on what you're wishlist is. Can you elaborate on what you're trying to find? Are you looking in more affluent neighborhoods? Are you willing to consider a slightly further commute for a more modest neighborhood but where you might find the size of home you're looking for that better matches your budget? Maybe check into Duarte, Glendora, La Verne, and Temple City. If you're heading east, you might find La Crescenta (maybe...), Tujunga, Glendale, or Eagle Rock depending on what you're trying to find in the house itself.

Good luck!
If you can settle for a 1/1 700 sq foot house that looks like it was previously inhabited by hoarders you MIGHT be able to get this one for less then $600k

https://www.redfin.com/CA/La-Crescen...4/home/7268460

Glendale and Eagle Rock have some small, outdated houses on the market right now in the $500-600k range. But again asking price and selling price are different. The biggest issue is schools. If schools aren't an issue then you will have much more luck finding something under $600k

Old 06-13-2017, 05:22 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,522,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buildings' R Us View Post
If you don't live West of the 405, then you're not part of their cool kids club. You socially won't be accepted as "one of them" and you'll be too busy working week days to have enough energy to fight the traffic and find parking just to spend a couple of minutes "playing in the water".

This is exactly why i sold my enourmous house in Rancho Cucamoga (north of the 210) to buy a studio in Manhattan Beach. Best decision of my life ever. I never venture into Inglewood or anywhere South Central.

East of Boyle Heights-Pasadena (710 freeway) and North of Irvine truely is The Inland Empire in the eyes of coastal residents. Is it snobby? Yes.
Snobby? No. I'd say that this is a pretty childish and myopic way to look at life.

Outside of NewMoney and a few vapid newbies renting to make an impression, this is not a universally-held idea.

Old 06-13-2017, 05:45 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,797,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
Snobby? No. I'd say that this is a pretty childish and myopic way to look at life.

Outside of NewMoney and a few vapid newbies renting to make an impression, this is not a universally-held idea.
Childish and myopic are his M.O. I live in SCV and I'm perfectly happy taking a scenic 45 minute drive with little to no traffic out to Ventura to the beach where it's clean, not crowded, free of tourists with plenty of free parking right next to the beach. You could not pay me enough to go to the beach in Santa Monica or Venice even if I lived walking distance from the beach. And I'd rather drive a little further up to Santa Barbara to go to the beaches then go down to Manhattan/Hermosa etc. Different strokes for different folks

Old 06-14-2017, 02:18 PM

36,975 posts, read 38,997,288 times
Have you considered Cleveland?

Old 06-14-2017, 04:50 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,808,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Have you considered Cleveland?
The only people who voluntarily live in Cleveland are in the Federal Witness Protection Program.

Old 06-14-2017, 10:53 PM

13,562 posts, read 10,298,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
The only people who voluntarily live in Cleveland are in the Federal Witness Protection Program.
This is getting to be a really tired old joke - you've said it with regards to Hayward.

Old 06-15-2017, 06:10 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,297,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
This is getting to be a really tired old joke - you've said it with regards to Hayward.
Too true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles