Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 01:30 PM

83 posts, read 122,611 times

Advertisements

Great news for Inglewood!

Now they will have an NFL team AND an NBA team. I don't know what someone posted about "star players" not joining the Clippers. The Clippers have a better team than the Lakers right now! Please.

This will bring in a lot of restaurants, more sales tax revenue for the city, and then some of your younger people with money. Inglewood is also very conveniently located near Silicon Beach / Playa Vista sectors. This area is prime for improvement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2017, 02:28 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,832,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscan80 View Post
Great news for Inglewood!

Now they will have an NFL team AND an NBA team. I don't know what someone posted about "star players" not joining the Clippers. The Clippers have a better team than the Lakers right now! Please.

This will bring in a lot of restaurants, more sales tax revenue for the city, and then some of your younger people with money. Inglewood is also very conveniently located near Silicon Beach / Playa Vista sectors. This area is prime for improvement.
2 NFL teams. The Clippers had a decent team but their two best players are going to leave via free agency this off season and they will be back to having a crappy team with the worst owner in the NBA. Free agents don't want to play there (go figure star black players not wanting to play for an openly racist old white guy) and it will take years to rebuild through the draft and in today's NBA you really can't rebuild through the draft since you need a have a super team to win.

I'm a Celtics fan so I don't care about LA basketball but the Lakers do have great young players and have the #2 pick and another first rounder and they will get Paul George and Russell Westbrook through free agency. The Lakers will be better then Clippers next year and will be back to winning championships in 2-3 years

Old 06-19-2017, 03:47 PM

12,404 posts, read 8,189,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
2 NFL teams. The Clippers had a decent team but their two best players are going to leave via free agency this off season and they will be back to having a crappy team with the worst owner in the NBA. Free agents don't want to play there (go figure star black players not wanting to play for an openly racist old white guy) and it will take years to rebuild through the draft and in today's NBA you really can't rebuild through the draft since you need a have a super team to win.

I'm a Celtics fan so I don't care about LA basketball but the Lakers do have great young players and have the #2 pick and another first rounder and they will get Paul George and Russell Westbrook through free agency. The Lakers will be better then Clippers next year and will be back to winning championships in 2-3 years
The NBA forced Donald Sterling out in 2014, Steve Ballmer former Microsoft CEO is now the owner. Is there is some kind of racial scandal around that will effect players that hasn't for the past two seasons? Besides there is only one champion per year, and for vast eras in the NBA that champion was either the Lakers or the Celtics but the rest of the league still seems to thrive with big name owners trying to buy in to the money making machine. If Sacramento with Golden State right up the freeway can support a team then Los Angeles can easily support two

Old 06-19-2017, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
The NBA forced Donald Sterling out in 2014, Steve Ballmer former Microsoft CEO is now the owner. Is there is some kind of racial scandal around that will effect players that hasn't for the past two seasons? Besides there is only one champion per year, and for vast eras in the NBA that champion was either the Lakers or the Celtics but the rest of the league still seems to thrive with big name owners trying to buy in to the money making machine. If Sacramento with Golden State right up the freeway can support a team then Los Angeles can easily support two
I don't think Sacramento will be supporting a team for much longer. GS is the entire Bay Area which is not as big as LA but still one of the biggest metro areas in the US and plenty of wealth to support a team. It's also not a hard sell for millionaire athletes to want to live in SF as opposed to Sacramento which is a hard sell

Old 06-19-2017, 04:50 PM

908 posts, read 1,306,532 times
Quote:
I don't think Sacramento will be supporting a team for much longer. GS is the entire Bay Area which is not as big as LA but still one of the biggest metro areas in the US and plenty of wealth to support a team. It's also not a hard sell for millionaire athletes to want to live in SF as opposed to Sacramento which is a hard sell
Sacramento is a viable market if the team is halfway decent. Back in the early 2000s when they were really good, they were a very solid draw with a lot of sellouts for a long period of time and they still do fairly well. Having used to live in the Bay, the Warriors became so atrocious to watch that I started watching the Kings. Those teams with C-Webb, White Chocolate, Divac, Stojakovic, Christie, and Bibby were so fun to watch. That 7-game series against the Lakers was classic. Have times changed with the Warriors taking over now. Most would agree SF Bay Area is a more attractive market, but if Sacramento had a solid squad with good management, most players would want to play there.

But I digress. As long as the Lakers keep up their pitiful play and the Clippers stop choking, I'd say the Inglewood area has a lot of potential. Long-term, Sterling's ouster was probably the best things for the team. Ballmer is a visionary who will put in the money to make an arena that will blow Staples out of the water. With a net worth of almost $30 billion, it's a borderline drop in the bucket for him to self-finance the arena.

Old 06-19-2017, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal88 View Post
Sacramento is a viable market if the team is halfway decent. Back in the early 2000s when they were really good, they were a very solid draw with a lot of sellouts for a long period of time and they still do fairly well. Having used to live in the Bay, the Warriors became so atrocious to watch that I started watching the Kings. Those teams with C-Webb, White Chocolate, Divac, Stojakovic, Christie, and Bibby were so fun to watch. That 7-game series against the Lakers was classic. Have times changed with the Warriors taking over now. Most would agree SF Bay Area is a more attractive market, but if Sacramento had a solid squad with good management, most players would want to play there.

But I digress. As long as the Lakers keep up their pitiful play and the Clippers stop choking, I'd say the Inglewood area has a lot of potential. Long-term, Sterling's ouster was probably the best things for the team. Ballmer is a visionary who will put in the money to make an arena that will blow Staples out of the water. With a net worth of almost $30 billion, it's a borderline drop in the bucket for him to self-finance the arena.
That Kings team was the most fun team to watch in the NBA. Too bad the NBA/refs screwed them out of a trip to the finals by fixing game 6 vs the Lakers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjRcTiwVEwo

But that Kings team was the equivalent of the recent Thunder team. They had the perfect storm of players and owners. The Thunder are the toast of OKC but Westbrook will be gone after next season if not sooner and they will become what the Kings have become over the past 10 years.

The Clippers are almost certainly going to lose Chris Paul and Blake this off season and have to start rebuilding. The Lakers have a great young core with Ingram, Russell, Randle, Clarkson and Zubac. They have the #2 pick this year. And they will have cap space to sign Paul George (Palmdale native, Fresno State alum) and Russell Westbrook (Hawthorne native, UCLA alum) after next season when they become free agents. Like I said, I'm a C's fan and hate the Lakers but I can't deny they are a great franchise and they won't stay down for long

Old 06-20-2017, 10:40 AM

1,830 posts, read 2,155,062 times
Quote:

Have you been living under a rock? Sterling is long gone. The Clippers now have the wealthiest owner in American sports. They also just hired the best GM of all time as a consultant. Wherever Jerry West goes that teams turns into a contender. The Clippers are in good position. Getting their own arena is a smart move.

Old 06-20-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
Have you been living under a rock? Sterling is long gone. The Clippers now have the wealthiest owner in American sports. They also just hired the best GM of all time as a consultant. Wherever Jerry West goes that teams turns into a contender. The Clippers are in good position. Getting their own arena is a smart move.
How many championships did the Grizzlies win? It's easy to win when you are with the Lakers. Nobody cares about the Clippers and that's not going to change. Celtics will win 10 more championships before Clippers make the finala

Old 06-20-2017, 11:43 AM

1,830 posts, read 2,155,062 times
Quote:
How many championships did the Grizzlies win? It's easy to win when you are with the Lakers. Nobody cares about the Clippers and that's not going to change. Celtics will win 10 more championships before Clippers make the finala

He made the Grizzlies into a contender. The Grizzlies where a constant doormat before West got there. He also turned the Warrior franchise around into the juggernaut they are today. Before West got there the Warriors were a laughingstock and nobody went to their games. He's great at drafting and is a great evaluator of talent. Do research before posting please.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:42 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,891,300 times
<yawn.>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles