Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 05:27 PM

13,573 posts, read 15,530,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlnoir2 View Post
Still waiting on that data

Im very aware of the implications of traffic, which is why I made the savvy decision to purchase my property in a walkable area - in order to take full advantage of alternative means of transport.

You dont move into an urban mecca and complain of the populous.

This isnt the 1950s anymore buddy. Density is the future.
Oh, sorry. Here's the data you requested:

http://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/...l-circuit.html

BTW, I'm an L.A. native. And yes, density is the future as has been dictated by developers, who run city hall. (A $72-million apartment project. Top politicians. Unlikely donors. Who wrote the checks to elected officials weighing approval? - Los Angeles Times). However, I fail to understand why you want to impede traffic when density is increasing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 10:25 PM

1,108 posts, read 946,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
The problem is these people want to create some kind of European hamlet or village experience right in the 2nd largest city in America .
With a bunch of people biking or taking their Vespas to work.
That's just not the reality in L.A and it's not what most people want . But these politicians do not care about the people only for their own little pet project fantasies and that becomes more clear each day.
Garcetti's legacy was to create a Utopia by taking everyone out of their cars and into public transit or on bikes. He's not thinking clearly because you have many people with health issues - disabilities let alone the aging baby boomers. He and Bonin are completely thinking of themselves. There's a Newsweek article where Garcetti stated this was what he wanted to do- "get everyone out of their cars."

jm, I already know how you feel about all this :-) I just want to tell these folks who think they are so savvy that it's not reality. California has always prided itself on our cars dating back to, yes the 50's...it's called "independence" and getting in your car and not being restricted. It's freedom. Will never change no matter what these politicians try to do.

As long as I am alive - I will never give up my vehicle nor will I use public transit. Not going to happen. It's not because I feel like I am too good for it. I love the freedom - and I care about my safety. We know people get robbed - beaten and I am safer in my car where I have control at least. Thank you very much. When I get to a point to where I can no longer drive - I will take my broomstick or Uber. :-)

Thank you to John and Ken of KFI 640 for shining a light on this issue with these so called road diets. They care about the people and that's a good thing. This was a complete disaster and Mike Bonin backed down.

Old 07-28-2017, 10:40 PM

30,870 posts, read 36,793,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse977 View Post
Do you guys like the new bike lanes on Venice Blvd in Mar Vista? Venice Blvd was a 6 lane road, now its a 4 lane road with 2 bike lanes. Most people that I talked to don't like it because it slows traffic down.
They're doing this in a lot of places. It's part of U.N. Agenda 21. The U.N. is dictating our urban planning and a lot of other things. Don't expect the government to tell you that. But this woman who was a real estate appraiser for the State of California learned all about it due to her job. Here's the short version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3XuSo03N7s&t=18s

And here's the detailed version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-qLUQlmBk4&t=146s

Old 07-29-2017, 03:22 AM

89 posts, read 68,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Oh, sorry. Here's the data you requested:

http://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/...l-circuit.html

BTW, I'm an L.A. native. And yes, density is the future as has been dictated by developers, who run city hall. (A $72-million apartment project. Top politicians. Unlikely donors. Who wrote the checks to elected officials weighing approval? - Los Angeles Times). However, I fail to understand why you want to impede traffic when density is increasing?
Safety is the reason. Clearly you have not been following along - as that is the entire premise of the iniative.

Also, I see you have yet to produce traffic data pertaining to Venice blvd anywhere in your posts. Ill be waiting on those figures. (If they exist)

Old 07-29-2017, 04:01 AM

2,914 posts, read 2,673,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Don't expect the government to tell you that. But this woman who was a real estate appraiser for the State of California learned all about it due to her job.
She's the typical long grey haired lunatic liberal that John Kobylt predicted. This people want to control everybody's lives with their George Orwellian vision of how things should be. Much of it is based on the false premise that humans are causing the planet to warm up and we need to stop burning fossil fuels immediately.

Old 07-29-2017, 09:15 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,330,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal View Post
Garcetti's legacy was to create a Utopia by taking everyone out of their cars and into public transit or on bikes. He's not thinking clearly because you have many people with health issues - disabilities let alone the aging baby boomers. He and Bonin are completely thinking of themselves. There's a Newsweek article where Garcetti stated this was what he wanted to do- "get everyone out of their cars."

jm, I already know how you feel about all this :-) I just want to tell these folks who think they are so savvy that it's not reality. California has always prided itself on our cars dating back to, yes the 50's...it's called "independence" and getting in your car and not being restricted. It's freedom. Will never change no matter what these politicians try to do.

As long as I am alive - I will never give up my vehicle nor will I use public transit. Not going to happen. It's not because I feel like I am too good for it. I love the freedom - and I care about my safety. We know people get robbed - beaten and I am safer in my car where I have control at least. Thank you very much. When I get to a point to where I can no longer drive - I will take my broomstick or Uber. :-)

Thank you to John and Ken of KFI 640 for shining a light on this issue with these so called road diets. They care about the people and that's a good thing. This was a complete disaster and Mike Bonin backed down.
The funny and kind of sad thing is these policies by these so called city leaders always seem to backfire .
After Garcetti announces Vision Zero - traffic deaths skyrocket

Garcetti and the city say they will fight homelessness .. homelessness has skyrocketed

In South L.A they decided to ban fast food to cut obesity . Obesity went up .

Ban on fast-food eateries in South L.A. hasn't cut obesity, study says - LA Times

List goes on

Old 07-29-2017, 04:05 PM

13,573 posts, read 15,530,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlnoir2 View Post
Safety is the reason. Clearly you have not been following along - as that is the entire premise of the iniative.

Also, I see you have yet to produce traffic data pertaining to Venice blvd anywhere in your posts. Ill be waiting on those figures. (If they exist)
No, it's a fallacious argument. Bonin keeps citing deaths that occurred due to intoxication in the middle of the night, rather than deaths occurring during "rush hour". Furthermore, when data is taken from "rush hour" stats, it's found that pedestrian and bicyclist involved accidents have increased after the implementation of the lane reductions.

Furthermore, tell your boss that he's being recalled, and that's that. We're tired of all his nonsense, and we plan to exercise our right to have him removed from office.

Old 07-29-2017, 07:13 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,330,462 times
This L.A Times editorial claims that anti-gridlock motorists are 'selfish'. Thinks Garcetti and city hall should 'fight back'
Wow.

--

People might not put it so bluntly, but that’s what it comes down to. The callousness of some of the commuters complaining about Los Angeles’ attempts to make the streets safer has bordered on satire. But this is no joke — there is a real possibility that traffic concerns and knee-jerk opposition to change will override good public policy and slow, or even reverse, L.A.’s ambitious plan to dramatically reduce deadly crashes on local streets.

Selfish motorists are fighting L.A.'s street safety projects. City Hall needs to find the courage to fight back - LA Times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles