Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2017, 10:30 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Of course it's absurd to say that all the women in a city the size of LA are only interested in guys with Hollywood looks and money. I hope the OP doesn't actually believe that. LA's a very big place, with a very wide variety of neighborhoods and people. Think about that for a minute.
Pretty much. There's a reason why guys who have this all woman or in this case all L.A. woman are the same mentality get stereotyped as being basement dwellers.

And I'm not for stereotypes but g*damn, all you have to do is walk around the block to see how wrong they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 11:27 AM

214 posts, read 330,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I wonder if the English accent helped . What spots brought you the most success?

Were you the poster that works as a bartender and wanted to move to L.A?
Runyon Canyon, Manhattan beach, Redondo beach and downtown Santa Barbara. You have to force yourself to say hi to women and just start chatting, compliment them a little and find out a little about them, then get the number. I found the hiking/exercising helped because not only will you be in a better mood with the endorphins, you will have something in common to start a conversation with. The accent may have helped, I don't know, but that's just more of a crux to not introduce yourself.

Old 07-28-2017, 11:32 AM

214 posts, read 330,061 times
if you think trying to find hot women in LA is tough, then try going to Moscow or Eastern Europe. The women there will chew you up and spit you out if they spot a weakness in your persona. There's a reason why Russian women have a hard exterior. There are 10+ million people living in LA, 10 million! you can't tell me every woman is taken or wants a rich guy lol

Old 07-28-2017, 01:24 PM

337 posts, read 276,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
I was at a Los Angeles singles "meet up" event recently and this thread came to mind: it was 80 percent males to 20 percent females, no exaggeration.
Which one?

I was on 2 coed sports teams. It was sad to me to me how the numbers are always high on the first game, and then there's a huge drop once people know what their teammates look like. I stuck it out even though I never met anyone. On 1 team we often had drinks after together. I only made 1 somewhat friend from it. That team was slightly more men then women. I think from it only 2 people met and dated. On the other team it was slightly more women. On the first gave it was about even with gender. There were some IMO cute girls on it, but no one hot which is why I think a lot of men dropped. This team strangely was not social whatsoever. I came solo for both teams. The first team had a decent amount of other solos. I was though only 1 of 2 on the 2nd team. There was 1 male solo. He made a lot of friends but he was't shy (I'm shy unless I see other solo people).

I guess I'm not surprised that rarely do I meet people going "stag". I usually do well when there are other people there alone, but when nearly everyone already know someone, I've always felt like the odd man out. I introduce myself and sometimes I feel I'm included, but other times I feel like I'm just standing there to seem like I know people there.

Old 07-28-2017, 02:12 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,010,013 times
Do you guys expect women who've moved here all the way from Iowa to just get with a dude they could've gotten with in Iowa?

Many are looking for guys who've done something with their lives in an incredibly competitive and expensive city. Standards are higher.

Honestly, I like local girls from the Valley. Much more down to earth and home grown. The further out the better. In town is where you find the stereotypical transplant gold digger. I know they're attractive and such, but just like when women complain that a guy look "too GQ", I get the same feeling from these types of girls. There is something about them that is too "Cosmo", IDK. I guess this is why people call them "plastic" or whatnot, I just see it as too much. There is something that turns me off.

Old 08-01-2017, 02:01 AM

398 posts, read 382,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
I was at a Los Angeles singles "meet up" event recently and this thread came to mind: it was 80 percent males to 20 percent females, no exaggeration.
Welcome to Los Mangeles.

Old 08-01-2017, 02:35 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,551,984 times
These threads crack me up. Show me a guy who can't find a date in Los Angeles and I'll show you a guy who can't find a date in Austin, Tulsa, Memphis, Charlotte….

I recall reading similar threads when I lived in San Diego (Man Diego lol). These big cities have a woman for everyone. If you go to the bar and pick your nose in public, pick your a$$ and sniff your fingers……well somewhere in the city is a girl who does the same. If you do those things and want a model then yes, you have problems. If you sit on the couch eating pizza and playing video games and want this hot chick who runs 6 miles every morning you have a problem. If you are fit and also run you'll probably have a chance. If you are a geek and want to score with a hot girl who normally dates jocks and band members you have a problem.

I can accept the notion that certain cities and scenes work better for certain guys. I can't go beyond that though.

Last edited by CarawayDJ; 08-01-2017 at 02:48 AM..

Old 08-01-2017, 05:38 AM

545 posts, read 513,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
Honey, you have no idea what most men want.

Most men don't care about a woman's wealth. A male attorney or doctor will happily marry a waitress, secretary, or a retail clerk.

As for "college educated," you say that like it's a good thing. As if "college educated" means the woman is intelligent or well-informed. Not! Many idiot women think they're "smart" because they have a useless degree in some easy subject. And that includes idiot Ivy League "educated" women. A Harvard degree in gender studies doesn't mean you're "smart."

No, men don't pine for a wealthy, college-educated wife. They'll accept her, if she has other good qualities, but those two don't matter.

What most men want is a woman who's loyal, devoted, respectful, pleasant, emotionally supportive, and reasonably attractive. That's pretty much it.

By reasonably attractive, she doesn't have to be a 10. Just an average pretty face. Not overweight, not covered with tattoos and piercings, not trashy in dress or demeanor.

As for the rest, men want a woman who's loyal, devoted, honest. Who'll offer emotional support and encouragement through the tough times. Not bitchy, or angry, or ungrateful, or aggressive, or bossy, or whiny, or complaining, or fault-finding, or self-obsessed, or trash-talking, or gossipy.

And not obsessed with social media. In fact, if she has no social media accounts, and no smart phone -- that's gold.

"College-educated" women are common as dirt. The personality attributes I list, in modern women those are rare as rubies.
X 1,000

Hit nail on the head

Old 08-01-2017, 05:50 AM

545 posts, read 513,687 times
Marriage is a duty. If you look at it like that, you will find someone. If you look at marriage as a lifestyle choice, then things will be difficult. Just being to the point and honest.

Old 08-01-2017, 12:54 PM

398 posts, read 382,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
These threads crack me up. Show me a guy who can't find a date in Los Angeles and I'll show you a guy who can't find a date in Austin, Tulsa, Memphis, Charlotte….

I recall reading similar threads when I lived in San Diego (Man Diego lol). These big cities have a woman for everyone. If you go to the bar and pick your nose in public, pick your a$$ and sniff your fingers……well somewhere in the city is a girl who does the same. If you do those things and want a model then yes, you have problems. If you sit on the couch eating pizza and playing video games and want this hot chick who runs 6 miles every morning you have a problem. If you are fit and also run you'll probably have a chance. If you are a geek and want to score with a hot girl who normally dates jocks and band members you have a problem.

I can accept the notion that certain cities and scenes work better for certain guys. I can't go beyond that though.
Not true. I was able to consistently get dates in Chicago and NYC, then my "success" with women plummeted as soon as I moved to LA. I've heard the exact same thing from many other guys.

Is Los Angeles the Toughest Town for Singles? | HuffPost
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles