Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 10:45 AM

12,823 posts, read 24,402,599 times

Advertisements

For all you noob kids who were born 1980 onward, yes, once in a while, there is a doosey of a SW Monsoon. This is soooooo 1977.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2017, 12:20 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Good stay here in the smog and the traffic and crappy govt and now crappy weather. . I don't want Az to be overrun with Cali people anyway
LOL...Tuscon has traffic, high crime, and crappy weather most of the year.

Seriously, why not Boise? You're going from the frying pan into the fire. Actually Hell is less hot than Tuscon.

Tuscon and Phoenix are gorgeous in the winter, don't get having 3 months of nice weather and 9 months of being a prisoner of A/C....don't get it.

Old 09-01-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
You should check out the Sonoran desert 🌵. It's a lot more beautiful then our surrounding desert and COL is half of Ca. Not all deserts are the same. Tucson is also cooler then Phoenix because it's higher elevation
You're correct, it's only going to be 105 in Tuscon today, vs. Phoenix which will be 108.

Don't see how you're going to last there, and I am not trying to be snarky. If you find this uncomfortable for a week, how do you plan on dealing with months and months of triple digit temps?

Old 09-01-2017, 12:28 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvDesertEmpire View Post
I'v lived in dry heat all my life and i'v never felt that sticky sweat heat until yesterday for the first time i actually started sweating from the weather and not excerise related. I really want the winds to comeback. Last night and this morning there was a lightning storm with heavy rain, yet it was still sticky hot.

99.99% when it rains here in SoCal, it would at least be cooler water with a nice breeze.
wow, you never had any problem with sweating anywhere until yesterday except when you exercise: wow!!!! I lived the first 40 years of my life in CA and can not say that. When temps get above 90 or so degrees, most people sweat. It is good for you btw. I do realize So CA isn't nearly as bad as the mid west and south. When we moved from Los Angeles to Va I thought I would die the first summer. Lightening storms in the midwest and south are common from April til fall, sometimes severe and yes, you will feel the humidity even more. Just remember everything passes,this will as well. At least you have A/C now. We grew up with nothing other than maybe a fan or two.

Old 09-01-2017, 12:30 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvDesertEmpire View Post
Wow i swear, the entire country is under an extreme climate crisis it seems
nope, the north east coast and most of the midwest has had a very mild summer. We have had a lot of rain, but certainly not extreme weather. I think the worst has been Portland. I can remember many years in So. CA as warm as what you are experiencing right now. Even late Sept was super hot many years.

Old 09-01-2017, 01:03 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,307,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
This isn't even close to the south, I know I lived in the southeast for a few years before coming back to CA.

The worst humidity we feel in Southern CA is a cakewalk compared to the south and the northeast.
Yeah that was insane to say. The south just beats you non-stop with humidity. I was in Georgia visiting family last year. If you don't leave the A/C on all night, no sleep for you

Quote:
Good stay here in the smog and the traffic and crappy govt and now crappy weather. . I don't want Az to be overrun with Cali people anyway
I'll give you the crappy government part here, but you won't living in Rural, traffic-less USA either. And The current heat wave is far from indicative of normal Southern Cal Weather.

But with that said, I look at everybody who has had enough and wants to leave (or get's removed) with glee.
That's one less car on the road is the way I see it.

Old 09-01-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
Yeah that was insane to say. The south just beats you non-stop with humidity. I was in Georgia visiting family last year. If you don't leave the A/C on all night, no sleep for you

I'll give you the crappy government part here, but you won't living in Rural, traffic-less USA either. And The current heat wave is far from indicative of normal Southern Cal Weather.

But with that said, I look at everybody who has had enough and wants to leave (or get's removed) with glee.
That's one less car on the road is the way I see it.
You hit the nail on the head Jack!

And it's not even humid anymore, it's just hot. The humidity is at 20%.

And Tuscon for the most part is pretty dumpy.

Old 09-01-2017, 02:04 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,140,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
You hit the nail on the head Jack!

And it's not even humid anymore, it's just hot. The humidity is at 20%.

And Tuscon for the most part is pretty dumpy.
I looked for houses online in Tucson and it seems the stuff I like there is over 600...in Tucson. Yes it seems dumpy in a lot of spots.

Old 09-01-2017, 02:36 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,181,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
I looked for houses online in Tucson and it seems the stuff I like there is over 600...in Tucson. Yes it seems dumpy in a lot of spots.
Wow you have expensive taste. So cal dosn't have dumpy areas?? No place is perfect but the area around the university and the Catalina foothills is perfect to me. I'm fine with you all hating Tucson though one less car on the road there but wait they have no traffic issues and pristine fwys . Dry heat is a lot easier to take then this humidity and I'm close enough to come back to HB when the heat gets unbearable there. The COL is so low there I can cash out on my place and live stress free there.

Old 09-01-2017, 03:36 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,140,888 times
Quote:
Wow you have expensive taste. So cal dosn't have dumpy areas?? No place is perfect but the area around the university and the Catalina foothills is perfect to me. I'm fine with you all hating Tucson though one less car on the road there but wait they have no traffic issues and pristine fwys . Dry heat is a lot easier to take then this humidity and I'm close enough to come back to HB when the heat gets unbearable there. The COL is so low there I can cash out on my place and live stress free there.
Makes sense to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles