Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 09:12 PM

882 posts, read 688,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
No it's more than just that. I've experienced it in the real world. As you said, there are tons of transplants here with their own allegiances and they really enjoy pushing that. I'm the type that pushes back. This is my hometown, I can boast about my teams as much as I want. On the flipside, if I moved to SF or SD for instance, I would absolutely respect their territory.
No, actually it's not. You're just being overly sensitive and you sound very young. Relax and have a good night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2017, 09:17 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,150,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking View Post
No, actually it's not. You're just being overly sensitive and you sound very young. Relax and have a good night.
Actually it is. You too! Have a great night.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:10 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,409,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Right....

Best teams so far in September: Indians, Cards, Rockies, D Backs, Nats, Astros, Royals, Red Sox, Yankees

Worst teams so far in September: Dodgers, Tigers, Giants, Angels, White Sox

Rest of the teams are all around .500

The teams that are playing the best are all currently in play offs or in contention. The teams that are the worst are ones that have given up and are playing all their minor league players or have traded every good player they have like the Tigers....and then there's the Dodgers and Angeles who are both playing all of their starters and in play off contention. Teams that fade in September and back into the play offs are destined to be swept in the first round. If the play offs started today the Dodgers would play the Rockies, who are the second hottest team in baseball thanks to the recent 4 game sweep of the Dodgers
This is pretty much it. Teams that have an awesome season and then slump towards the end of it usually don't fare well in the playoffs. Doesn't mean it will happen to the Dodgers, but it could. Has nothing to do with what some people here are saying, lol.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:17 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,520,307 times
Two wins in a row against the worst team in baseball. Dodgers must be on cloud 9!

Old 09-14-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormKNN View Post
I bet if these clowns reveal who they root for, now that will be a real laugh. LMAO. My guess is that their teams are doing poorly or something crawled up their azz and died
Exactly. It's easy to make attacks when you use guerilla warfare tactics. It is pretty funny how they haven't revealed their teams.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:05 AM

I like a team that has won more recently than 1988. It doesn't matter though. I don't mind the Dodgers really. Moderator cut: personal attack

Last edited by Count David; 09-15-2017 at 12:56 PM.. Reason: you could have left that part out, regardless

Old 09-14-2017, 10:18 AM

Theres nothing obnoxious about it. This is our hometown, our home turf. Obnoxious is tranplants and out of towners telling natives how to act. People pile up on LA for not showing enough passion and when they do its considered obnoxious apparently.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Theres nothing obnoxious about it. This is our hometown, our home turf. Obnoxious is tranplants and out of towners telling natives how to act. People pile up on LA for not showing enough passion and when they do its considered obnoxious apparently.
Well he called everyone besides the dodgers pathetic and compared the team to jesus christ.

Anywho, have fun.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:56 AM

4,795 posts, read 4,819,371 times
Quote:
Nobody is telling anyone how to act, just making fun of the guy who thought he needed to make a thread to tell everyone how the Dodgers were already WS champs 2 months before the World Series and 2 days into one of the biggest collapses in professional sports history. Don't put a target on your back and hand out the ammo if you don't want to hear about it.

Old 09-14-2017, 01:17 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,819,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormKNN View Post
So someone who is passionate about their team should then be subject to bullying. Gee you're bright.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Anyone else getting bored with how pathetic everyone is compared to the Dodgers this year? It's not even close.

LA once again is the Jesus Christ of baseball.

As a fan of a team that is not the Dodgers, I take those comments to be pretty offensive. That's not a nice post about being passionate about the Dodgers, it's a post about putting down people that are fans of other teams....or typical Dodger fan talk. If you want to brag about your team that hasn't done anything yet then sure you are opening yourself up to what you get. But then again, I grew up in a part of the country with serious sports fans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles