Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 01:00 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,266,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
SM is beautiful in many parts. Sometimes I go walking on Montana and it's a very pleasant place to be.
Used to be. Now homeless transients roam free to harass.
Also, the traffic and congestion makes it unpleasant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2017, 01:49 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,481,476 times
Most of the immigrant areas.

Old 09-14-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
There are parts of LA county that come to mind. With happy, upbeat, productive people... I would say the Beach Cities in the south bay.
Nowhere really in the city of LA. City of LA has too many lazy, angry, entitled people living off family or government money. Then West Hollywood and Santa MonicA, also, a lot of "disabled" people or "creative" types who never really work.
WeHo and SM are too expensive for those folk nowadays.

Old 09-14-2017, 02:05 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,307,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
WeHo and SM are too expensive for those folk nowadays.
I'm guessing they are thinking in terms of long time rent controlled tenants or those on Section 8 or maybe trust funders?

Old 09-14-2017, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Cake? I like cake. Pies are good too. Marie Callender's has some nice ones at reasonable prices.
Isn't baking a cake a religious act nowadays?

Old 09-14-2017, 03:20 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,082,402 times
I'd gravitate towards wherever a flux of new structures are being built. Given the tenants haven't been squatting in a rent controlled unit or inherited property where they can just chill, they're likely ambitious working individuals. Downtown has a ton of new construction, Santa Monica hit or miss w/Silicon Beach, some parts of Hollywood like Hollywood/Vine. I'm sure there are more, but those are my experiences.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:04 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,523,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post
I have a relative moving to LA. I told them stay away from unmotivated people, since their community in NC was full of a certain type of people.. people who bake cakes all the time, smoke, sit around at the building entrance talking and play bingo etc. What are some particular areas characterized by busy, driven lifestyles? Or maybe it's not very busy, but where happy upbeat people live and work? For example in Nyc I would say this is 7th avenue.

I think this is the first time I posted to west coast people, so I feel strange almost like I initiated ET contact.
Oh my.....LOL.

First off maybe your relative should post and ask since they're the one "moving".

7th Ave in NYC is the garment district, of course it looks busy.

But the the next time I am on the 134, or the 101, or the 5 freeways I will look for signs that say NEXT EXIT FOR BUSY MOTIVATED PEOPLE, and will let you know.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:13 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,788,297 times
If you are not motivated then you won't last long in LA these days.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:28 PM

1,047 posts, read 717,589 times
Default love it

Quote:
"Let them eat cake." ~Eric Garcetti, to non-homeless legal US residents

Excellent.
What a condescending phony this Eric is.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:34 PM

1,047 posts, read 717,589 times
Default Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post
I have a relative moving to LA. I told them stay away from unmotivated people, since their community in NC was full of a certain type of people.. people who bake cakes all the time, smoke, sit around at the building entrance talking and play bingo etc. What are some particular areas characterized by busy, driven lifestyles? Or maybe it's not very busy, but where happy upbeat people live and work? For example in Nyc I would say this is 7th avenue.

I think this is the first time I posted to west coast people, so I feel strange almost like I initiated ET contact.
Most people look half asleep here after living in NYC or London.
But a heavy tourist area that gives a fast paced illusion would be the center of Hollywood Blvd and Highland area. And it is centrally located. Fast paced is usually hidden here; happening in the car (big deals closing as one drives) or in non-descript buildings.
Good luck for your relative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles