Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 12:56 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,159,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maison Margiela View Post
It’s really not as expensive as you think and I think LA should cut whatever it is wasting money on and devote it to infrastructure, police, and updating regulation codes which is the sum of what I listed. The state and federal government should be doing the heavy lifting with the transportation projects and police situation is just a matter of reallocating existing resources. Who knows. The express lanes, trains, buses, etc. can make a profit over time. And a lot of what I also said is just more zoning and regulation.

Rose-tinted sunglass mode: full on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2017, 12:58 PM

27 posts, read 18,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
OP, I will give you an A for effort, but it's very obvious that you are not from LA or SoCal.

Many of the things you mention are already in place (food inspections, marketing campaign), and many are impossible to change (infrastructure, wider sidewalks, etc) and some are just plain wrong, like your riverwalk idea. The LA river is basically just a huge storm drain to handle water when it rains. It's not a flowing river.

And anybody that says that LA is not a world-class city is just plain wrong on so many levels.
I am not but I visit a lot haha.

I mentioned in the post that many of the things are already in place but can be expanded. I mentioned that the food inspections are in place but should be stricter and more comphrehensive. I also clarified that LA should do a MASSIVE marketing campaign it’s tourist destination of course there is already marketing going on.

The riverwalk idea is sound. Yes it’s a storm drain but look at the LA River restoration project. They are making it akin to an actual river but still keeping the draining functionality. I think a DTLA riverwalk would be a great idea. There can also be a kind of water control system on the river through downtown increasing or decreasing the level in drought or rain.

And I agree with that last statement

Old 09-19-2017, 01:00 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,987,805 times
Vote out guys like Garcetti. That's the only way.

Old 09-19-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
I also clarified that LA should do a MASSIVE marketing campaign it’s tourist destination of course there is already marketing going on.
So a city that is already overrun with more tourists than its infrastructure can handle should do a MASSIVE marketing campaign to bring in even more. Sound.

Old 09-19-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post

Rose-tinted sunglass mode: full on.
Absolutely nothing wrong with what I said. Are you telling me that hundreds of thousands or millions of people using a subscription to pay for using a train bus or bike along with federal, state funding would not at least lower costs for the city dramatically?

Old 09-19-2017, 01:03 PM

Quote:
So a city that is already overrun with more tourists than its infrastructure can handle should do a MASSIVE marketing campaign to bring in even more. Sound.
Might be a foreign concept to you but more people = more money.

And if you knew how to read I addressed infrastructure.

Old 09-19-2017, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Absolutely nothing wrong with what I said. Are you telling me that hundreds of thousands or millions of people using a subscription to pay for using a train bus or bike along with federal, state funding would not at least lower costs for the city dramatically?
No, there's nothing wrong with it at all. I'd love for everything in your OP to come true (apart from the stuff that already is). However, you described a massively expensive fifty-year project as though it's the simplest thing in the world that can be done on a shoestring budget. It isn't and it can't. Not even in a video game.

Old 09-19-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
No, there's nothing wrong with it at all. I'd love for everything in your OP to come true (apart from the stuff that already is). However, you described a fifty-year project as though it's the simplest thing in the world.
Oh, I never said it would be easy or quick. I’m just sharing what I think will make the city one of the top in the world.

Old 09-19-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Oh, I never said it would be easy or quick. I’m just sharing what I think will make the city one of the top in the world.
You did, however, say it was cheap.

And the city already is one of the top in this world.

Old 09-19-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
You did, however, say it was cheap.

And the city already is one of the top in this world.
I never said it was cheap.

A lot of people don’t agree for some reason but I agree with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles