Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 10:45 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times

Advertisements

I'm sure this will go flawlessly and all the rules will be enforced.

Especially since there will be no real reprecussions because we don't dare illegal aliens get offenses on their record.

If the vendors receive a citation it's likely they'll just laugh and rip it up because undocumented.

--
Two Los Angeles City Council committees are expected to examine a plan Wednesday to create a regulated permit system for street vending, which would mean that Los Angeles will cease to be the only major city that bans the practice.
The City Council in February voted to stop making street vending punishable with a misdemeanor criminal charge, although it is being enforced through citations as the council works on the permit system for the industry.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...456122113.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2017, 12:52 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,050,928 times
Too complicated to be enforceable, even if they had the resources and guts to do so.

Old 11-09-2017, 12:58 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,649,867 times
As Terry Anderson (RIP) used to state, there are two Americas: one for legal U.S. citizens, another for illegal aliens.

I was at the French and Italian car show last weekend at Woodley Park and even there a guy who just wandered into the event tried to sell me a tomale from his cooler. Yeah, I'm going to stand there looking at classic Ferraris etc. and what I really need is a tomale somebody made in their van down by the river...

Old 11-09-2017, 01:28 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,050,928 times
These vendors have essentially ruined Candy Cane Lane and other fun family neighborhood things. More traffic hazards, more litter, more crappy commercialization etc.

Old 11-09-2017, 01:42 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,819,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
These vendors have essentially ruined Candy Cane Lane and other fun family neighborhood things. More traffic hazards, more litter, more crappy commercialization etc.
it's now like Christmas in TJ. Thanks LA government!

Old 11-09-2017, 02:12 PM

I guess I don't get the idea of lowering our standards to accommodate people coming from other countries.. especially if those people snuck into the country and are here illegally .

I also was reading something where they are trying to make it so businesses operating near the carts don't have a say in the matter .

Old 11-09-2017, 07:29 PM

6 posts, read 5,000 times
This will just encourage more people to sneak into the country and clog the sidewalks with their carts. We become a bit more third world every day.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlspam2015 View Post
This will just encourage more people to sneak into the country and clog the sidewalks with their carts. We become a bit more third world every day.
This is why the people running this city are actually regressive rather than progressives .

what's progressive about making the city more third world .

Old 11-09-2017, 08:27 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,649,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
This is why the people running this city are actually regressive rather than progressives .

what's progressive about making the city more third world .
That's an excellent question. It's too bad our cuckolded mayor will never answer it.

Old 11-09-2017, 08:34 PM

So Hollywood Boulevard and some other areas will be exempted ?

That area is unique and should be treated sensibly but the rest of the city is fair game .

Obviously the head of the Chamber of Commerce doesn't think this street vending thing is a good idea .

Oh yeah also won't be able to sell near Staples center .. I guess all those AEG donations must of paid off ..

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...n-who-owns-l-a

This is a joke . All the big corporations will work out deals to exempt themselves from having to compete with street vendors .
--
Hollywood Boulevard and the Walk of Fame are unique areas that must be treated sensibly,” Hollywood Chamber of Commerce president Leron Gubler told the committee,

Specifically, sellers would not be allowed to hawk their wares within close proximity to popular entertainment venues like Dodger Stadium, the Staples Center, the Hollywood Bowl, and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. Also off limits: the area around Hollywood Boulevard.

https://la.curbed.com/2017/11/9/1662...wood-boulevard
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles