Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 12:27 AM

2,148 posts, read 2,925,047 times

Advertisements

Macys westside pavilion mall is closing in february 2018. I read an article that macerich plans to sell the westside pavilion to a new owners. I guess westside pavilion cant compete with westfield century city or santa monica. Nordstrom already moved out of westside pavilion and set up shop in westfield century city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2017, 02:02 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,657,392 times
I like Westfield Fashion Square just over the hill. The parking is much easier than that stupid as hell Westside Pavillion parking with all the scrape points and the clutch murdering speed bumps just before the exits. You idiot property managers over there should lose your jobs over that crap alone.

Old 11-14-2017, 02:07 AM

2,148 posts, read 2,925,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I like Westfield Fashion Square just over the hill. The parking is much easier than that stupid as hell Westside Pavillion parking with all the scrape points and the clutch murdering speed bumps just before the exits. You idiot property managers over there should lose your jobs over that crap alone.
Probably the bad parking lot ruined westside pavilion

Old 11-14-2017, 11:32 AM

1,440 posts, read 1,239,343 times
Parking was terrible there. The mall was so old too...I think a lot of the stores moved out of there, and into Century City. They did take the employees, at Nordstrom, with them though (that's my Nordy's.)

Old 11-14-2017, 11:39 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
I used to live close to Westside Pavillion , I did hear they are trying to sell it .

I haven't been there for years but it did feel kind of outdated .

I actually just got an email last night from the neighborhood group in the area and they were upset because apparently they are going to allow for more height/density .

I wouldn't be surprised if the mall gets turned into mixed use with the way housing prices are.

The city is also pushing for higher density near transit stations and there is the rancho park one right by the mall .

I could see a lot of outdated retail being turned into housing .

This is part of the email I received .. if anyone cares .

---
Special WSSM Email Blast Nov. 13 , 2017

BREAKING NEWS: Last-minute Changes to Expo TNP Increase Impacts on our Neig hborhood!
As many of you know, the City’s Planning Department has been drafting the Exposition Corridor Transit Neighborhood Plan (known as the Expo TNP for short) to promote development and increased density along a continuous mile-wide strip of West LA that follows the route of the Expo line, through a process often referred to as “upzoning”.
What Just Happened
· After literally years of study and outreach, the Planning Department recently arrived at a final version of the Expo TNP that did not include upzoning of any properties within WSSM boundaries (i.e. north of Pico). This was in response to community input and input from Councilmember Koretz. However, the recommended version of the Plan did allow for increased density and building height for future development of the Westside Pavilion property on the south side of Pico, between Westwood and Overland.
· The Expo TNP came before the City Planning Commission (CPC) at a hearing last week. After hearing testimony, but with very little apparent deliberation - and without the benefit of a completed final Environmental Impact Report - the Commissioners proposed significant changes to the Plan, including increased density and allowable building height along both sides of Pico, all the way from Sepulveda to Overland - in addition to the upzoning of the Westside Pavilion site.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:44 AM

Also Macerich facing default on a loan ..so there's that .

"Los Angeles mall owners are attempting to reinvent their properties before they become irrelevant — but not all of them have moved quickly enough to escape default.

A $142 million CMBS loan attached to Macerich’s Westside Pavilion mall, at 10800 W. Pico Boulevard near the Fox lot, has been transferred to special servicing, according to Trepp.

https://therealdeal.com/la/2017/09/2...pavilion-loan/

Old 11-14-2017, 12:15 PM

335 posts, read 356,521 times
Good, they need housing over there. Metro has promised to work with the City of LA to make 30% of the new construction to be affordable housing near transit stops within a half mile.

Not sure if this is part of the plan, since Westside Pavilion might be a tad bit more than a half mile from the Rancho Park station, but it would be a great spot for affordable units with retail at the bottom.

Old 11-14-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ima30something View Post
Good, they need housing over there. Metro has promised to work with the City of LA to make 30% of the new construction to be affordable housing near transit stops within a half mile.

Not sure if this is part of the plan, since Westside Pavilion might be a tad bit more than a half mile from the Rancho Park station, but it would be a great spot for affordable units with retail at the bottom.
.2,miles according to Google Maps so like a 5 min walk .

Metro or the city can make promises about affordable housing but they'll have to get developers to agree to build it .

Old 11-14-2017, 09:59 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,566,607 times
It also depends on how they define 'affordable' which has been nearly impossible in large parts of the state for decades.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:03 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,597,011 times
I'm surprised it's lasted this long. Particularly with the decline of malls, the competition from Century City, and the value of that land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles