Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 11:26 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times

Advertisements

I thought Malibu was 'tolerant' . Aren't there a lot of very liberal actors that live there?

Why are none of these high profile celebrities using their 'voice' to take a stand against the discrimination of the homeless?

Is this not a social justice cause they wish to take on?
----
Candance Scott is a realtor in Malibu. She’s working on a documentary about homeless people.
“People are confusing the real homeless people with the drug addicted people because they’re both in the same bag,” she said,
Scott says there is a problem but also wants the city to help.
“I’m not inhumane. I do think it’s okay to feed them. I do think that they have to have supervision so when they leave the church they’re not just dumped on a bus and said here you go here’s Malibu. So what do they do? They want to get high. They break into homes they break into cars,” said Scott.

Link:
Malibu Mayor Says Asking Church To Stop Feeding Homeless Was Not About Stopping The Meals « CBS Los Angeles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2017, 01:07 PM

626 posts, read 626,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I thought Malibu was 'tolerant' . Aren't there a lot of very liberal actors that live there?

Why are none of these high profile celebrities using their 'voice' to take a stand against the discrimination of the homeless?

----
Candance Scott is a realtor in Malibu. She’s working on a documentary about homeless people.
“People are confusing the real homeless people with the drug addicted people because they’re both in the same bag,” she said,
“I’m not inhumane. I do think it’s okay to feed them. I do think that they have to have supervision so when they leave the church they’re not just dumped on a bus and said here you go here’s Malibu. So what do they do? They want to get high. They break into homes they break into cars,” said Scott.

Link:
Malibu Mayor Says Asking Church To Stop Feeding Homeless Was Not About Stopping The Meals « CBS Los Angeles
You know those kind of people are only "Tolerant and Sympathetic" when it's not anywhere around them. Once it gets around them and they have to deal with those issues that everyday people have been dealing with then their tune changes.

Old 11-17-2017, 10:54 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,140,888 times
This is just not possible. Homeless people are no different from anyone else. It's the high cost of housing that causes homelessness (damn NIMBY's won't let homeless housing be built near them). The only difference between a homeless person and a non homeless person is that the former is lacking in housing. There is NO other difference.

/sarc

Old 11-17-2017, 11:01 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Wow

Malibu City Council members getting death threats from around the country .

Sick people .
--
What they were not expecting, perhaps, was to be chastened by reports of death threats issued against members of the Malibu City Council and staff members.

“All of us ... here have gotten calls from all around the country,” Council Member Laura Rosenthal somberly told the audience Monday, pointing out there were “more than usual” sheriff’s deputies in attendance at the regularly scheduled council meeting. “I had to take my phone number off the city website ... Some of the emails you wouldn’t want them to go to anybody you know.”

Rosenthal did not go into detail, but Mayor Pro Tem Rick Mullen did.

“We all got the letter from the guy who asked me ‘do I want to get shot in the back of the head or between the eyes,’” Mullen recounted.

Death Threats Issued After Homeless Story Goes Viral | News | malibutimes.com

Old 11-17-2017, 11:52 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,140,888 times
Altruism at this level is mental illness. Homeless people are crapping all over the streets in San Diego too, spreading disease. TF is wrong with these crazy liberal altruists who demand that the homeless be fed!

Old 11-19-2017, 12:05 PM

1,596 posts, read 2,058,730 times
This is all so ridiculous. As if all those homeless in Malibu lived there in the first place! The people of Malibu are not obligated to care for the homeless... no community is. Most of the homeless people in Southern California aren't even from California!

Old 11-20-2017, 11:06 AM

206 posts, read 154,395 times
I would ask the Malibu realtor to show proof for the getting high and break ins.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:38 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MItoBH View Post
This is all so ridiculous. As if all those homeless in Malibu lived there in the first place! The people of Malibu are not obligated to care for the homeless... no community is. Most of the homeless people in Southern California aren't even from California!
Actually not true.

Here is some info that help see why it is occurring.

How Los Angeles' homeless crisis got so bad - LA Times

Old 11-20-2017, 05:01 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,600,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Actually not true.

Here is some info that help see why it is occurring.

How Los Angeles' homeless crisis got so bad - LA Times
In places with small homeless populations and no services to draw homeless in, most homeless are local.

In Los Angeles, they are not, and it is absurd to think that they are.

Old 11-21-2017, 10:56 AM

1,122 posts, read 961,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post

----

Link:
Jm, a family friend lives in Malibu and they have lived there for years. Raised their two kids there...They have a private road as well right off PCH. They live among many actors etc. They had a problem with squatters (homeless) and it was unbearable. They were druggies. Not all people who live in Malibu are in the "Entertainment Business" by the way. Homes were given as part of inheritance. Lots of contractors up there which is what our friend's husband is...so before people start going off - I thought I would set the record straight. Cheryl works at the local school in Malibu as a volunteer. There are several people up there just like Cheryl and her husband by the way as well as actors.

One of the homes on the private road was up for sale and Madison Hildebrand of "Million Dollar Listings " on Bravo Channel talked to Cheryl about the home. She will NEVER reveal her neighbors out of privacy and loyalty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles