Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2008, 09:19 AM

6 posts, read 13,819 times

Advertisements

First,I apologize because english is my second language.I am from Europe and I shall visit USA in august and september this year.I write on your forum because of problem with scars.In July I had smallpox,horribly experience in my age(late 30).Now I have holes on my face and feeling very unhappy.I truly believe I will find someone on this forum with same problem,and good advice what can I do.Maybe is laser good solution,but in my country is soo expensive.How much cost in your town.Please recommend me something good and not so expensive.Big kiss from Croatia!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 09:29 AM

59 posts, read 72,347 times
Hi,

My friend all I can advice you is to be happy and confident and believe me that is the best thing one can do. When I was younger, I had some light acne everynow and then. I was very sad and depressed and spent most of the time hiding from people. I was buying all those expensive stuff that showed on TV and said to be magical ! All they said was just lies! I then decided I will restore my confidence and just accepted what I got, believe me it worked and a few months after the thing has cleared up on it's own.

Confidence Confidence Confidence.

Best of Luck

Old 07-25-2008, 11:40 AM

2,589 posts, read 8,640,648 times
you can call the physician referral services at cedars-sinai medical center https://referrals.cedars-sinai.edu/ and UCLA medical center Physician Referral Service for help finding an affiliated dermatologist whom you can consult about your condition when you arrive. these hospitals are the best in the city, and among the best in the country.

Old 07-25-2008, 12:58 PM

1,069 posts, read 3,272,764 times
Please don't bul**it the biggest bu***** on the planet.
Smallpox has been almost globally eradicated with the exception if roaming tribes.
If you have holes in your face this is a result of ACNE, usually caused by poor hygiene.
Wash more ..eat less cr*p and get out in the sun a little.
Prolonged exposure to computer screens is NOT harmful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-25-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
you can call the physician referral services at cedars-sinai medical center https://referrals.cedars-sinai.edu/ and UCLA medical center Physician Referral Service for help finding an affiliated dermatologist whom you can consult about your condition when you arrive. these hospitals are the best in the city, and among the best in the country.
Katenik thank you very much for you advice,I will try to find some solution for me.Best wishes for you!

Old 07-25-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala666 View Post
Please don't bul**it the biggest bu***** on the planet.
Smallpox has been almost globally eradicated with the exception if roaming tribes.
If you have holes in your face this is a result of ACNE, usually caused by poor hygiene.
Wash more ..eat less cr*p and get out in the sun a little.
Prolonged exposure to computer screens is NOT harmful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry but you have very poor medical knowledge.Smallpox is child"s disease but very dangerous in older age.I been in hospital 21 days.Take care!

Old 07-25-2008, 02:16 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,640,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4vegas View Post
Sorry but you have very poor medical knowledge.Smallpox is child"s disease but very dangerous in older age.I been in hospital 21 days.Take care!
are you sure you don't mean chicken pox?

Old 07-25-2008, 02:48 PM

1,069 posts, read 3,272,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
are you sure you don't mean chicken pox?
Thank You !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-25-2008, 03:02 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by impala666 View Post
Thank You !!!!!!!!!!!
You were right about the BS factor - I PMed him in Croatian and he never responded. I wonder why......

Old 07-25-2008, 06:23 PM

1,786 posts, read 6,900,817 times
I'm with katenik. Advancing a benefit of a doubt, I think chicken pox was the illness and was confused in the translation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles