Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 09:34 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You can see their homes if you know where to look. Some don't live behind gates; they live in cabins and houses with fanciful architecture in the canyons in the LA hills. Some celebs have unique taste. OP, maybe if you found the right cabbie, he'd know where to go.
Cabbie?

Is that like Uber ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2017, 01:47 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,629,904 times
It’s not really a big deal and it’s been a few years since I’ve seen anyone in public.

This is who I can remember:

-Nick Young when he was on the Clippers at the Ralph’s downtown.

-Tom Sizemore at the Airport Court

-Carrie Fisher in Van Nuys Court for jury duty.

-Ed Begley Jr at a restaurant.

-John Stamos, Eugene Levy, and Jaimie Lee Curtis sat directly behind me at a Don Rickles show.

-Gene Simmons at an Aerosmith concert.

- in the early 90’s Cindy Crawford at a shop on Melrose. Around the same time Mario Van Peebles at a movie theatre.

I think the most easy place to see a celeb right now is probably Griddle Cafe on a Saturday or Sunday. You’ll wait 2-3 hours and it will probably be someone low end. They don’t make the celebs wait in line...they seat them out of turn. So that’s why the long wait. Weekday waits are much less.

Old 12-24-2017, 02:41 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,930,229 times
Back in the "old days" celebrities could live in the Beverly Hills flats without being bothered. I remember taking one of those tours in the 70's when I first arrived here and all the big stars lived in big homes without any gates. Nowadays, all the paparazzi-worthy celebrities either live in gated communities or their house is behind gates for obvious reasons. Most TV stars and lesser celebrities live in ordinary homes in ordinary neighborhoods and a surprising number live in the Valley.

Old 12-24-2017, 02:47 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,578,668 times
I've seen more celebs in Monteceito and Santa Barbara.

Old 12-24-2017, 03:42 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
Back in the "old days" celebrities could live in the Beverly Hills flats without being bothered. I remember taking one of those tours in the 70's when I first arrived here and all the big stars lived in big homes without any gates. Nowadays, all the paparazzi-worthy celebrities either live in gated communities or their house is behind gates for obvious reasons. Most TV stars and lesser celebrities live in ordinary homes in ordinary neighborhoods and a surprising number live in the Valley.
A lot of them are in the high rise apartment and condo buildings like Sierra Towers or the buildings in Westwood's Wilshire Corridor, which are as safe as any gated community.

Old 12-25-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
A lot of them are in the high rise apartment and condo buildings like Sierra Towers or the buildings in Westwood's Wilshire Corridor, which are as safe as any gated community.
Yes, the views from the top floors of Sierra Towers are amazing and what a great location, right off the Strip. Elton John & Cher used to have condos there. The prices are staggering. Kendall Jenner's first "house" was a condo at The Wilshire in Westwood.

Old 12-25-2017, 03:22 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
Yes, the views from the top floors of Sierra Towers are amazing and what a great location, right off the Strip. Elton John & Cher used to have condos there. The prices are staggering. Kendall Jenner's first "house" was a condo at The Wilshire in Westwood.
There are also other similar buildings in the Strip and Beverly Hills areas. I forget the name of the building on Horn that was the most expensive apartment building in the Los Angeles area about 20-25 years ago. Halle Berry was living in one of the exclusive buildings on Doheny for awhile.

Old 12-25-2017, 03:42 PM

4,565 posts, read 5,417,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
But, we all know this is a troll post and you are really in LA.
I meant to say he is "......really NOT in LA"

Old 12-25-2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
There are also other similar buildings in the Strip and Beverly Hills areas. I forget the name of the building on Horn that was the most expensive apartment building in the Los Angeles area about 20-25 years ago. Halle Berry was living in one of the exclusive buildings on Doheny for awhile.
Are you thinking of Shoreham Towers ? It's right at Horn. Faye Dunaway lived there for years.

Old 12-25-2017, 09:08 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,140,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicano3000x View Post
who care about celebs man. we hate that people think that's the only thing our city is about. Yes it's hollywood, but it's more of an annoyance for us locals. Eventually you don't care that the last customer you helped was the guy from the wire. You just wanna clock out already..
this!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles