Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2018, 09:19 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,821,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Would you say that it's not possible for a mind altering narcotic to cause a person to behave in a criminal manner when they otherwise would not?
Anything is possible. Do you want to ban alcohol, prescription drugs, cough syrup, TV, social media and everything else that could possibly alter someone's consciousness? I'd prefer to let adults have the freedom to decide what to do with their own minds and bodies instead of having the government decide for us. And have appropriate punishment for people that do commit crimes that will actually discourage other people from committing crimes

Old 01-09-2018, 10:01 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,657,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
That's interesting because if a person has no intent to commit a criminal act there really is no substance, alcohol or narcotic that would induce them to do so.
Are you saying that, in your opinion, alcohol does not remove the inhibitions that could prevent a person from engaging in illegal activity?

Old 01-09-2018, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Anything is possible. Do you want to ban alcohol, prescription drugs, cough syrup, TV, social media and everything else that could possibly alter someone's consciousness? I'd prefer to let adults have the freedom to decide what to do with their own minds and bodies instead of having the government decide for us. And have appropriate punishment for people that do commit crimes that will actually discourage other people from committing crimes
Marijuana is illegal at the federal level, and that's nothing of which I have control over.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:06 PM

21,735 posts, read 16,341,054 times
You're really having trouble with this reality that nearly 70% of the nation thinks/wants pot legalized, aren't you Exitus? Tch. And you haven't a leg to stand on in any of your prejudices ... science and politics and public desire/opinion have all spoken ... your fears are up in smoke ... give it up. The demon weed is taking over! You're going down, man! Mwahahahahaha *maniacal laughter reverberating out of a cloud of ganja*

Old 01-09-2018, 11:27 PM

Maybe Trump will reschedule it when he gets more senile. If not then I'm sure President Oprah will take care of it

Old 01-10-2018, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
You're really having trouble with this reality that nearly 70% of the nation thinks/wants pot legalized, aren't you Exitus?
Yes, it's rather disappointing, particularly for somebody with my standards, though I don't necessarily believe that statistic. BTW, how have you been lately? Have you enrolled in a program yet?

Old 01-10-2018, 09:24 AM

5,681 posts, read 5,156,282 times
Has "a psychiatrist" been suggested as a viable alternative yet?

Old 01-10-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Yes, it's rather disappointing, particularly for somebody with my standards, though I don't necessarily believe that statistic. BTW, how have you been lately? Have you enrolled in a program yet?
Your "standards", Exitus? That's pretty rich. Hilariously so. You are a rabid Trump supporter. "Standards" don't get any lower than that.

Of course you don't believe the statistic. It conflicts with your "standards".

The Gallup poll 6 months ago ran the general electorate at 64% support - and growing on a steep curve.

Even the American Legion - you know: old white male veterans, like me - ran at over 80% approval, including an alarming:
Quote:
[Legion] bipartisan support for legalizing medicinal marijuana, with 88 percent of self-identified conservatives and 90 percent of self-identified liberals in agreement.
That aside, I thank you for asking how I am doing. The answer is: exceptionally well. At the moment I am on an extended camping adventure in Hawaii! Delightful! Having answered my nation's call to duty on battlefield and in peacetime for 22 years I enjoy base privileges around the world and am currently camped on a rather quiet, very secluded from tourism, military only recreational beach under the palms. My second career in printing communications now finished, my kids working successfully in their own careers while happily raising their own families, grandkids doing well, my health at a wonderful level not enjoyed by many half my 70 + years ... well, life is great.

Hope you are well too. 😊

Old 01-10-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
Has "a psychiatrist" been suggested as a viable alternative yet?
I think OP is beyond that

Old 01-10-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
I think OP is beyond that
Well, here's hoping s/he at least seeks out one or another of the many support groups available these days. Denial and compulsive disorder are barriers to happiness, as are internet forum addictions ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles