Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2018, 01:03 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,092,601 times

Advertisements

Tulemutt, stop saying smart stuff, otherwise I'm going to have to start being nice to other people on this site as well, just so I can rate your posts!

Old 01-10-2018, 01:12 PM

21,619 posts, read 16,138,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
Tulemutt, stop saying smart stuff, otherwise I'm going to have to start being nice to other people on this site as well, just so I can rate your posts!
Ok. Roger that. Sorry sorry sorry. My bad!

Old 01-10-2018, 06:52 PM

9,808 posts, read 11,078,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Let's take domestic violence as an example -- are you saying alcohol is never a contributing factor to domestic violence?
Will THC use lead to an increase in homelessness? Colorado did see such an increase but that was likely due to the homeless moving there to take advantage of the new law.

Will THC use lead to more accidents on the road? Along these lines I think the effects of THC tend to linger longer than do the effects of alcohol; that is to say that THC dissipates fairly quickly but has a slight lingering impact that alcohol tends not to have.

Will THC use increase AIDS and STD exposure in high-risk groups such as gay men by lowering inhibitions?

Will THC use lead to a decrease in aggression? I think we can hope that this is the case.

Old 01-10-2018, 08:09 PM

1,297 posts, read 1,812,031 times
Is this really forward progress of the human condition? To me mj is just another intoxicant that does nothing to move humanity forward. There are apparent uses for it in medical treatment but aside from that, I don't see it benefiting society.
So, go ahead, buy it (and pay all the taxes being levied), use it and tell us how your life has improved. Or, you can use your intellect to improve your life and take all the credit for the improvement.
It's simple really.

Old 01-10-2018, 08:18 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,644,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Democrat View Post
Is this really forward progress of the human condition? To me mj is just another intoxicant that does nothing to move humanity forward. There are apparent uses for it in medical treatment but aside from that, I don't see it benefiting society.
So, go ahead, buy it (and pay all the taxes being levied), use it and tell us how your life has improved. Or, you can use your intellect to improve your life and take all the credit for the improvement.
It's simple really.
Man, this thread is full of self-righteous snots.

Old 01-10-2018, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJT123 View Post
Man, this thread is full of self-righteous snots.
If you believe using mj moves society forward, say so, otherwise you are posing as the self righteous one with your none response.

Old 01-10-2018, 08:54 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,079,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Will THC use lead to an increase in homelessness? Colorado did see such an increase but that was likely due to the homeless moving there to take advantage of the new law.

Will THC use lead to more accidents on the road? Along these lines I think the effects of THC tend to linger longer than do the effects of alcohol; that is to say that THC dissipates fairly quickly but has a slight lingering impact that alcohol tends not to have.

Will THC use increase AIDS and STD exposure in high-risk groups such as gay men by lowering inhibitions?

Will THC use lead to a decrease in aggression? I think we can hope that this is the case.
Will anything happen to anyone at any time? IDK.. Possibly.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 01-10-2018, 08:55 PM

21,619 posts, read 16,138,730 times
Quote:
It's simple really.
Quote:
If you believe using mj moves society forward, say so, otherwise you are posing as the self righteous one with your none response.
Sweet hayzeus ... how much of anything humans do "moves society forward"? Does bike riding on a sunny afternoon "move society forward"? How about wine with dinner, is that a great historical leap into the bliss of 'social' utopia? How about fly fishing? Disney cruises to the Caribbean? All those are quite "intoxicating" in their own way ...

And what the hell is your vision of a "forward society"? Laboring responsibly 24/7 to support the teeming hive?

You need to make friends with a blunt, dude.

Old 01-10-2018, 08:55 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,079,722 times
Quote:
It's simple really.
It's done musicians and other artists pretty well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 01-10-2018, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
It's done musicians and other artists pretty well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Fine, they should list mj, or whatever in their credits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles