Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2018, 12:33 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,669,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Wait! We just entered the Twilight Zone in this thread! The OP, who considers pot evil approves of cocaine? You can't make this stuff up ... too forking funny ...
Yes, they "read an internet study" saying cocaine is good for you.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:28 AM

4,795 posts, read 4,822,563 times
Quote:
Wait! We just entered the Twilight Zone in this thread! The OP, who considers pot evil approves of cocaine? You can't make this stuff up ... too forking funny ...
Well, pot people and coke people usually aren't the same crowd.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:57 AM

1,298 posts, read 1,823,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
I'm not sure why someone addressing your comments equals=stirring someone up. If that's the case the situation of having MJ legalized stirs you up.

We're having a discussion here.
Can you read? I clearly said my comments stirred people up, not someone addressing my comments. Typical problem on this board, reading comprehension. Your comment is up there with the mutt's comment stating I used the term "forward society " when I clearly questioned if this moves society forward.
Come back and participate when you can read.
PS - I'm the only one not stirred up here.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
OK, I'll bite. I am 69 years old, I live in California and have been using medical cannabis regularly for more than a year now. My wallet may be lighter, but medical MJ has definitely improved my quality of life. I have chronic insomnia, and I've tried everything: sound generators, sleep masks, blue light blocking glasses, valerian, Benadryl, Unisom, melatonin, chamomile tea, etc. You name it, I've tried it.

Not long ago I read an article in a health journal online that said regular use of sleep aids whose active ingredients are antihistamines (Unisom, ZzzQuil, Benadryl, etc.) are correlated with a higher rate of dementia among seniors. I'd been using those products for years, and the story scared me into looking for an alternative remedy. My doctor (much to my surprise) approved my request for medical marijuana.

I feel much better using cannabis for sleep than any of these other substances and do not find it to be addictive except in the sense that when using something is pleasurable, you tend to want to keep doing it. I sleep better, have no grogginess the next day and have actually lost weight. (With regular use, the munchies tend to diminish as a side effect, perhaps due to another benefit of MJ, helping regulate blood sugar.) It also helps me with anxiety.

I do not drive under the influence and have no desire to. However, I think a good driver who is an experienced user and doesn't overdo it is probably safer on the road than someone who's had a couple of beers. Cannabis tends to make you more aware of your surroundings, sometimes uncomfortably so. The one time I did drive after smoking a joint, I was the slowest, most careful driver on the road because I knew I was high. People who drink, on the other hand, may not even realize they're impaired because alcohol dulls judgment and reflexes.

By the way, I don't smoke it. I mostly use edibles or tinctures, and I also use a vape pen, which doesn't burn the material so it's easier on the lungs and gives off very little odor. If someone is smoking on their front porch and stinking up your house, all that means is that you have an inconsiderate neighbor. It doesn't mean that marijuana is bad and should be illegal.
Many thanks for your well reasoned response. The whole idea of my post was to get insight regarding the use of mj and your response provides that. The mutt being in full blown narcissism doesn't get it.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:11 AM

131 posts, read 123,441 times
Cocaine use has been linked to Parkinson's disease. I'll stick with the occasional bong hit.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:25 AM

21,734 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Democrat View Post
Many thanks for your well reasoned response. The whole idea of my post was to get insight regarding the use of mj and your response provides that. The mutt being in full blown narcissism doesn't get it.
No. The whole idea of your post was not "to get insight regarding the use of mj". It was a supercilious value declaration.

And you need to look up the definition of narcissism.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
No. You are supercilious in expressing your position that pleasures enjoyed by using recreational substances have no value since they do not - in your personal opinion - contribute to whatever you define as "moving society forward" ... you've not explained what "forward" is supposed to be, nor why others should buy into your vision of whatever it is. You didn't ask "why is mj palliative to so many?" as you suggest now. You declared, unequivocally that it is valueless.

Then you here follow with another unfounded declaration: that tulemutt "appears to be dismissive of getting dopamine levels up without resorting to mj." ... tulemutt never said nor suggested any such thing. Perhaps you can quote me otherwise? Furthermore, you haven't the slightest information about how much "dopamine" I might enjoy from sources other than weed ... nor do you have the slightest notion how much weed I consume, how often, or when was the last / most recent time I partook the wondrous herb. I haven't ever said. Not in this thread nor others. Ever. All I have ever said about my own consumption was I started when I was 16.

So we see you inventing convenient narrative as you backstroke away from your original, luridly judgmental relegation of pot to dumpster valuation.

"Bashing?" You mean like inferring that pot smokers are frivilously wasting their days that should otherwise be spent developing / "moving forward" society as you see it?

Textbook superciliousness.

"Grouch?" As with your assumption about my dopamine habits ... you haven't any indication of how humored I am or not.
You, textbook narcissism. My original post was a challenge to mj advocates to explain how it is beneficial to society. A few have provided great insight and unlike a narcissist, I can learn and elvove my thoughts on the subject.
My comment about you appearing to get dopamine levels up without mj was too nuanced for you. "Appearing" is the key word here, as in implies. I never said that you said that but your comments implied it.
I'm not backstroking from my original comment by stating my position on the legalization of pot and drugs. But you keep digging and punching in the dark as you got nothing.
I don't care about your mj use and don't care to know. You're the one that put into print the fact you use it. You kept telling me I need to get cozy with a blunt when clearly you're in need of that.
Interesting that you and the cheeto head share the same affliction. Very amusing indeed!
Oh do keep 'em coming cause just like the cheeto head, you can't help yourself.
Oh, and have a nice day.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
No. The whole idea of your post was not "to get insight regarding the use of mj". It was a supercilious value declaration.

And you need to look up the definition of narcissism.
I did and it fits you to an absolute T.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:06 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,219,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Would you say that it's not possible for a mind altering narcotic to cause a person to behave in a criminal manner when they otherwise would not?
If your tendency is to be a criminal, you don't need drugs to achieve that.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:24 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,219,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
My favorite is the tried and tired, "I'm beating all your arguments, and everybody knows it, and everybody in this thread despises you, and every time I annihilate your posts with my brilliant replies I get a dozen reps...I'm ROFL at you..."

That was a good one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles