Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2018, 01:44 PM

21,740 posts, read 16,356,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
I know. But those amphetamine pills were safer than coke.

And when they were widely available there were fewer problems with the hard upper drugs than today (as there was no need for them) not to mention there was less of a problem with obesity.

They were clearly the lesser evil.

I am generally opposed to legalizing any hard upper drug but I'd rather have benzedrine and dexedrine available than cocaine and methamphetamine.
not taking issue with what you are saying except the obesity correlation ... has nothing to do with the availabilities of those pharmaceuticals. The rising rates of obesity is squarely on the conditioning of the public by the ag and food processing/marketing industries. They suffered blows with the rightful scientific attacks against sugar ... and turned to selling the public on "low fat - high carb” dietary habits. The rise in obesity exactly conforms to that industrial crime against humanity.

Old 01-17-2018, 01:54 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
not taking issue with what you are saying except the obesity correlation ... has nothing to do with the availabilities of those pharmaceuticals. The rising rates of obesity is squarely on the conditioning of the public by the ag and food processing/marketing industries. They suffered blows with the rightful scientific attacks against sugar ... and turned to selling the public on "low fat - high carb” dietary habits. The rise in obesity exactly conforms to that industrial crime against humanity.
High fructose corn syrup, which is what I'm guessing you're talking about, came in right when the availability of amphetamine diet pills dried up, and right around the time that smoking began to decline as well. So it was a combination of all those things.

Face it, when we not only popped diet pills and smoked, but also drank more hard liquor, ate more red meat, and were much less "health conscious", we were actually healthier.

Old 01-17-2018, 02:27 PM

21,740 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
High fructose corn syrup, which is what I'm guessing you're talking about, came in right when the availability of amphetamine diet pills dried up, and right around the time that smoking began to decline as well. So it was a combination of all those things.

Face it, when we not only popped diet pills and smoked, but also drank more hard liquor, ate more red meat, and were much less "health conscious", we were actually healthier.
We are drifting further off topic, but no, I didn't mean high fructose corn syrup. Though that also entered the charade, yes. I mean the “low-fat!” everything marketing. And then the “high-carb!” emphasis. Those myths have now been exploded ... but the damage is done and remains as people have become conditioned to the alternate sweeteners/high carb dietary lifestyles. And that has exploded the waistlines.

Popping diet pills, smoking, and high consumption rates of red meat were never healthy or healthier. Just other paths to self destruction. Pick a poison

Old 01-17-2018, 02:28 PM

1,624 posts, read 2,038,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
If a recreational pot store opens in my neighborhood, and I want the federal laws enforced to shut it down, who can I call? Will the ATF enforce federal marijuana laws and arrest all parties violating federal law? I obviously can't call the LAPD, since they will now refuse to enforce federal marijuana laws as they also refuse to enforce federal immigration laws.
Just give up. I promise you won't win.

Old 01-17-2018, 03:16 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,012,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlamont21 View Post
Not everyone can and should do coke. There some people we can do coke, party for the night, and won't do it for weeks, months, years, or ever again. And then there are some, who can't get enough. They do it several times a week or worst, everyday. There are some addictive personalities who shouldn't do any drug not even alcohol.
I've done both. I did so much one time I convinced myself I could predict the future. And I did. I predicted Trump would win.

Moderation is key, with ANY drug.

But pot is nasty and most pot users are really grungy teeny boppers, and frumpy oldsters, it seems.

Old 01-17-2018, 04:15 PM

21,545 posts, read 8,727,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
But pot is nasty and most pot users are really grungy teeny boppers, and frumpy oldsters, it seems.
Stereotype much?
Signed,
Frumpy Oldster

Old 01-17-2018, 05:00 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,823,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlamont21 View Post
Not everyone can and should do coke. There some people we can do coke, party for the night, and won't do it for weeks, months, years, or ever again. And then there are some, who can't get enough. They do it several times a week or worst, everyday. There are some addictive personalities who shouldn't do any drug not even alcohol.
I had an older brother that did coke with a circle of friends. It completely consumed him but fortunately was able to stop doing coke and never touched it again. He said it made him feel like superman and he and his friends went round and round about who was the most powerful in the room. Of course when he started he thought he could control it then reality hit him.

Old 01-17-2018, 06:11 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,221,653 times
Quote:
No need to look it up, I lived it. Grew out of it.

If you are 25-50 and you smoke weed, you have issues.
Nah, I don't think so......

Old 01-17-2018, 06:24 PM

21,545 posts, read 8,727,966 times
Quote:

If you are 25-50 and you smoke weed, you have issues.
Sorry, but if you are 25-50 (or any age, for that matter) and you are unable to accept the fact that cannabis is a natural remedy that offers many medical and psychological benefits, is pleasant to use and is not addictive, then I'd say you're the one with issues.

Old 01-17-2018, 06:30 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,671,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Democrat View Post
If you believe using mj moves society forward, say so, otherwise you are posing as the self righteous one with your none response.
Well, I'm a consumer with a DINK household. Solid income, Uncle Sam gets a pretty decent amount from us from income tax, sales tax, capital gains taxes, etc. No kids so we spend alot of money on vacations, goods, etc. People like us are good for the economy.

Moving society forward would be so I wouldn't face a criminal charge (and thus WASTE taxpayer $) if I got stopped with a bag of weed. I don't roll with it unless I'm buying and taking it home, but still.

If you can legally go to a bar, get wasted, or get 120 oxycodone or xanax prescribed to you every month WTF is wrong with people using marijuana?

Drunks and pillheads are a million times worse than stoners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles