Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 11:44 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,529,606 times

Advertisements

If you do the whole commute via car you will not enjoy the 210. It's a parking lot for both commutes unless you work non-traditional hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2018, 12:21 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,642,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
If you do the whole commute via car you will not enjoy the 210. It's a parking lot for both commutes unless you work non-traditional hours.
I agree, the 210 is not a fun drive during rush hour!

Old 01-05-2018, 01:05 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_vader123 View Post
Just wondering if anyone here has done this and how it is. Also, is it possible to drive from Diamond Bar/Walnut to the Azusa Gold Line and then take it to Pasadena? Can you park at the train stations? Any honest, frank opinion is welcomed.

TIA.
I don't think so.When we were still living in So. Ca we lived in Glendora and hubby commuted to Burbank. That was before there were any signs of public transportation. He was in a car pool though.

Old 01-06-2018, 08:13 PM

256 posts, read 398,553 times
Thanks for the replies. I feel that right now, the best thing is to either drive (from Diamond Bar) to the APU/Citrus Station and then take the Gold Line into Pasadena.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:15 PM

55 posts, read 90,515 times
That 210 is absolutely brutal in rush hour. From the 57 all the way to the 134

Old 01-11-2018, 12:01 PM

4 posts, read 35,009 times
I done the DB area to old town Pasadena commute a few years ago around the time gold line was being build. I use a combination of freeway and local street depend on the traffic. Going to Pasadena in morning, Gladstone exit off 57 is a good alternative to the 210 for a while. Coming back, I remember using California to Huntington. It's your average LA commute, manageable but not pleasant. I have no idea how gold line affected the traffic pattern.

Old 01-11-2018, 12:12 PM

243 posts, read 224,647 times
I think the Diamond Bar to/from Pasadena drive is not crazy at all by LA standards!

Are you gonna get traffic on your way? Absolutely!

I haven't been to the Azusa Station, but i heard they do have parking, if anything, is just getting there on time.. idk if its gets full to capacity.
But definitely, riding the Gold Line is an excellent alternative. But the driving isn't all that bad...but like others have comment, you will definitely be in traffic

Old 01-12-2018, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quique07 View Post
I think the Diamond Bar to/from Pasadena drive is not crazy at all by LA standards!

Are you gonna get traffic on your way? Absolutely!

I haven't been to the Azusa Station, but i heard they do have parking, if anything, is just getting there on time.. idk if its gets full to capacity.
But definitely, riding the Gold Line is an excellent alternative. But the driving isn't all that bad...but like others have comment, you will definitely be in traffic
Great. That helps a lot. Thank you.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:31 PM

28 posts, read 22,941 times
That commute doesn't even seem crazy and seems like a pretty normal commute given Los Angeles standards. I used to commute to Newport Beach from LA on the daily for work until I found a new position closer. I'm sure you'll deal with slight traffic in certain areas, but hey it wouldn't be SoCal without having traffic. You can also use alternatives like the trains, buses, etc, so you won't have to deal with the traffic as often i guess.

Old 01-25-2018, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTSullivan View Post
That commute doesn't even seem crazy and seems like a pretty normal commute given Los Angeles standards. I used to commute to Newport Beach from LA on the daily for work until I found a new position closer. I'm sure you'll deal with slight traffic in certain areas, but hey it wouldn't be SoCal without having traffic. You can also use alternatives like the trains, buses, etc, so you won't have to deal with the traffic as often i guess.
Thanks. I guess the key is figuring out when to leave in the morning and when to leave in the evening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles