Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2018, 09:37 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,986,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
You are correct: the market doesn't want ACA ... it wants universal coverage.
No it doesn't.

No market economy has ever successfully launched a "universal healthcare" product.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 09:48 AM

21,735 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
No it doesn't.

No market economy has ever successfully launched a "universal healthcare" product.
As usual, you have jumped tracks here.

“The market” is consumers in this case. And consumers don't launch ... they consume / use.

Further, the “market economy” is precisely the force that causes universal healthcare to become necessary - as it is private, for-profit health care excess that is making health care unaffordable for the general population. It is undermining itself. Killing its own goose that lays its golden eggs.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Amazon HQ2 ain't landing in California, I would bet $10,000 on that right now. Just doesn't make financial sense.
Wherever it lands, it won't be landing in 49 other states, either.
Quote:
, trust me.
Lmao ...

Old 02-20-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:
As usual, you have jumped tracks here.

“The market” is consumers in this case. And consumers don't launch ... they consume / use.
A market is just not "consumers", that's literally only the demand side.

See this?

Anyone can "demand a Ferrari", but who will "supply" it to them and at what cost? That's a market economy in a nutshell.

No market economy has never ever produced a universal healthcare product because the market does not want it. You can only produce such a product by government intervention.

Quote:
Further, the “market economy” is precisely the force that causes universal healthcare to become necessary - as it is private, for-profit health care excess that is making health care unaffordable for the general population. It is undermining itself. Killing its own goose that lays its golden eggs.
Golden eggs? What are you talking about? What does that even mean?

The "general population". Who is that? Why is it unaffordable?

I have excellent healthcare and love my healthcare. It is not impacting me financially at all, it's very affordable.

Old 02-20-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Wherever it lands, it won't be landing in 49 other states, either.

Lmao ...
It especially won't be landing in California due to its taxation. Companies are relocating their HQs out of California if it's feasible for them.

Old 02-20-2018, 10:24 AM

3,433 posts, read 3,750,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilshire View Post
Good. You like your (or your parents) CA pension and you don't want anything done to it. I get it.
You're really dense. Show me any of my posts where I said I didn't want anything done.

You on the other hand have avoided telling us the source of your numbers. Where does the $16k average for Texas come from? Where does the $80k figure for CA come from? Are they measured the same way? I showed you the source of my information.

My father died at 63 before he retired. So you can tell me he helped the CA pension situation...

Last edited by Vic Romano; 02-20-2018 at 11:39 AM..

Old 02-20-2018, 10:45 AM

2,173 posts, read 4,407,769 times
I remember a while back reading about a CA librarian retiring with $250k/yr for LIFE pension. And that $250k is adjusted for inflation. AND zero deductible special health care for LIFE paid for by the tax payers. A librarian folks. But the CA voting public is so deeply indoctrinated with liberal rhetoric and propaganda they will keep voting in people to office that will never change this status quo. The indoctrination is so powerful, it overpowers the fact they the people, the voters, are getting their pockets picked.

It's the same thing with a lot of the losers we elect for congress in this country. They get massive tax payer funded guaranteed pensions for life. And SPECIAL zero deductible health care for life (not Obama Care mind you....noooo that's only for the peasants). Yet they just bicker and bicker like complete losers they are and never get anything done. And many are in the pockets of corporate lobbyists (especially for the health care industry that robs Americans blind, etc...) What do they care about regular people who have to provide for their own health care and retirements? When they are taken care of to retire in the lap of luxury? They are laughing all the way to the bank.

Old 02-20-2018, 11:23 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctr88 View Post
I remember a while back reading about a CA librarian retiring with $250k/yr for LIFE pension. And that $250k is adjusted for inflation. AND zero deductible special health care for LIFE paid for by the tax payers. A librarian folks. But the CA voting public is so deeply indoctrinated with liberal rhetoric and propaganda they will keep voting in people to office that will never change this status quo. The indoctrination is so powerful, it overpowers the fact they the people, the voters, are getting their pockets picked.

It's the same thing with a lot of the losers we elect for congress in this country. They get massive tax payer funded guaranteed pensions for life. And SPECIAL zero deductible health care for life (not Obama Care mind you....noooo that's only for the peasants). Yet they just bicker and bicker like complete losers they are and never get anything done. And many are in the pockets of corporate lobbyists (especially for the health care industry that robs Americans blind, etc...) What do they care about regular people who have to provide for their own health care and retirements? When they are taken care of to retire in the lap of luxury? They are laughing all the way to the bank.
Sad but true. It has been getting worse and worse over the years. Both parties push feel good things to get votes.

Old 02-20-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
It especially won't be landing in California due to its taxation. Companies are relocating their HQs out of California if it's feasible for them.
Lmao. They “especially” won't land any of the places they don't land, Cali.

Old 02-20-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Lmao. They “especially” won't land any of the places they don't land, Cali.
It's called probability.

For instance, what's the probability you win the lotto tomorrow.

According to the recent jackpot odds, you would get struck by lightening 4 times over before you won the lotto.

Now what's the odds you win a local bingo jackpot? Probably 1 in 100.

California is the struck by lightening 4 times odds, Texas is playing the local bingo odds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles