Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-17-2019, 12:23 AM
 
3,452 posts, read 4,625,260 times
Reputation: 4985

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Town View Post
Maybe it's time to back too basics.
History cannot repeat itself. Time for a shift. Enjoy while you can.

13%

B1

Last edited by usamathman; 06-17-2019 at 12:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-27-2019, 03:34 PM
 
827 posts, read 663,200 times
Reputation: 1395
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
History cannot repeat itself. Time for a shift. Enjoy while you can.

13%

B1
some things could be repeated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2019, 03:40 PM
 
827 posts, read 663,200 times
Reputation: 1395
Like it or not there really was a good reason for sun down towns. None lived there so people of that town felt there was no reason for them to be in town after dark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2019, 04:05 PM
 
Location: SoCal
3,877 posts, read 3,905,792 times
Reputation: 3263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Town View Post
Like it or not there really was a good reason for sun down towns. None lived there so people of that town felt there was no reason for them to be in town after dark.
If this was a good "reason" then why don't they exist now? Surely if it was the right thing to do the practice would've continued.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2019, 06:23 AM
 
827 posts, read 663,200 times
Reputation: 1395
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
If this was a good "reason" then why don't they exist now? Surely if it was the right thing to do the practice would've continued.
Because today it's illegal, But of course you already know that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2019, 06:32 PM
 
242 posts, read 175,102 times
Reputation: 204
Compton was really just a nice suburb outside of the city of Los Angeles until the gangs from South Central started to terrorize the surrounding areas.

So you can blame the South L.A gangs for turning Compton into a city with such a bad gang reputation.

East L.A / South L.A / Watts, Those are the area's where crime is the worse countrywide.

But for what it's worth,Gangsta rap in the 1980's blew up and put Compton on the map as a city with such a violent stereotype.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2019, 05:54 PM
 
827 posts, read 663,200 times
Reputation: 1395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy310 View Post
Compton was really just a nice suburb outside of the city of Los Angeles until the gangs from South Central started to terrorize the surrounding areas.

So you can blame the South L.A gangs for turning Compton into a city with such a bad gang reputation.

East L.A / South L.A / Watts, Those are the area's where crime is the worse countrywide.

But for what it's worth,Gangsta rap in the 1980's blew up and put Compton on the map as a city with such a violent stereotype.
Nothing to be proud of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2019, 06:12 PM
 
Location: NC But Soon, The Desert
1,045 posts, read 761,655 times
Reputation: 2715
Sun down towns? Trump lover much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2019, 05:49 AM
 
827 posts, read 663,200 times
Reputation: 1395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter70 View Post
Sun down towns? Trump lover much?
there are no more sun down towns so what does mr. President Trump have to do with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2019, 06:32 AM
 
73,102 posts, read 62,746,076 times
Reputation: 21954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Town View Post
Like it or not there really was a good reason for sun down towns. None lived there so people of that town felt there was no reason for them to be in town after dark.
Well, "sundown towns" were basically a form of discrimination. I don't care what reason there was for them. A person should be able to live wherever they want regardless of race. And thanks to anti-discrimination laws, sundown laws are illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top