Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 03:54 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,383,157 times

Advertisements

Of course we know when they say "immigrants " they mean illegal aliens

So funny how this city rushes to bend over backwards to help illegals but when it comes to helping actual tax paying legal citizens they drag their feet .

All of these proposals are nonsense as the city can't create their own immigration laws . Immigration is handled by the federal government .

The federal government is talking about arresting sanctuary city leaders and I think this is a good idea .
They are taking this way too far and need to be focusing on legal citizens again .
Enough is enough . This city has a lot of issues . Homelessness and rising violent crime are two major ones but there are many more of course . We can't afford to hire attorneys for people here illegally that knowingly violated our immigration laws and even if we could afford it it's not something we should be doing .

---
"Los Angeles City Council members Wednesday approved four proposals to help immigrants, further cementing the city's opposition to Trump administration immigration policies."

"“Here in the city of Los Angeles, we support our immigrant population," said Jose Huizar, one of 12 council members who unanimously backed the resolution. "We not only support them in providing funding for possible legal defense, but we also support them in every way we can.”"

https://www.scpr.org/news/2018/01/17...asures-furthe/

Trump Administration Wants to Arrest Mayors of 'Sanctuary Cities'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 08:21 AM

8,281 posts, read 6,364,005 times
They know illegal aliens vote for Democrats. Thats why they make it so easy to register and vote and why their so fiercely against voter ID.
And for all the illegals who don't vote all the spanish community see and say Democrats are for us and were oppressed, Vote for Democrats.
Even though it was Democrats 100% who raised the gas tax and car tax hurting them more than many others. Highest sales tax in the country also is against their interest.

Old 01-19-2018, 08:25 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,534,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
They know illegal aliens vote for Democrats.
Just about everybody does in L.A. I can't think of a single place in the US where Dems would need illegal votes LESS than L.A. We're not talking about Texas here. You're making too much out of illegals voting. The city of L.A. preventing white males from voting (even if they are just as likely to vote for Dems) and illegals being counted for drawing up districts (which is the only reason districts such as Maxine Waters' exist) are bigger issues. The L.A. political elite is quick to criticize the South and Midwest for limiting voter turnout when they are guilty of the same exact thing

Old 01-19-2018, 09:56 AM

3,117 posts, read 4,577,122 times
I don't think it's so much that they know illegal aliens vote for Democrats (I think the illegal alien voting numbers are...not non-existent, but fairly sparse). I think it has more to do with the fact that they know the anchor babies these illegal aliens have had, and continue to have and are now voting age, vote for Democrats. It's really more an appeal to the loophole children, which now make up a significant portion of the population.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
I don't think it's so much that they know illegal aliens vote for Democrats (I think the illegal alien voting numbers are...not non-existent, but fairly sparse). I think it has more to do with the fact that they know the anchor babies these illegal aliens have had, and continue to have and are now voting age, vote for Democrats. It's really more an appeal to the loophole children, which now make up a significant portion of the population.
And even the population that has no ties to illegals is just as anti-Trump.

Old 01-19-2018, 12:51 PM

13,579 posts, read 15,578,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
The federal government is talking about arresting sanctuary city leaders and I think this is a good idea .
They are taking this way too far and need to be focusing on legal citizens again .
Enough is enough . This city has a lot of issues . Homelessness and rising violent crime are two major ones but there are many more of course . We can't afford to hire attorneys for people here illegally that knowingly violated our immigration laws and even if we could afford it it's not something we should be doing .
Our city "leaders" don't understand that nobody ever wins these things -- as John and Ken stated yesterday, when you go after Trump he never capitulates and he always punches back at his opponents until they haven't any more fight in them -- I'd think everybody would understand that by now.

I'm grabbing the popcorn because I'll truly enjoy this.

Old 01-19-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Our city "leaders" don't understand that nobody ever wins these things -- as John and Ken stated yesterday, when you go after Trump he never capitulates and he always punches back at his opponents until they haven't any more fight in them
Congress and foreign leaders prove that wrong.

Trump does have a genuine gift in convincing other people to do things but it has its limits. He is no superman, just a gifted charismatic salesman who beyond his limits is somewhat of a paper tiger without the help of those around him. His current successes are more due to the team than the team's captain.

I do think that the city will wind up losing this one, but due to the defects of their position rather than Trump himself.

Old 01-19-2018, 01:07 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,383,157 times
They don't realize every time they complain about immigration getting enforced... . The wall gets 10 feet higher .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gPfJwc8Cwao

Old 01-19-2018, 01:22 PM

13,579 posts, read 15,578,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Congress and foreign leaders prove that wrong.
What proves it right is that Trump is already lowering the boom on Northern California.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/01/...or-ice-sweeps/

Quote:
ICE director Thomas Homan recently told Fox News that the agency will significantly increase enforcement across the state and warned California to “hold on tight.” And a report by the San Francisco Chronicle this week said ICE is planning raids targeting Northern California cities, with the goal of arresting more than 1,500 [illegal] immigrants.

Old 01-19-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
What proves it right is that Trump is already lowering the boom on Northern California.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/01/...or-ice-sweeps/
That's just enforcing federal law, something that the feds have a right to do. There is no precedent in the US for states ever making immigration policy.

We will see what happens after this - whether things escalate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles