Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2018, 10:05 PM

21 posts, read 13,411 times

Advertisements

Hey guys can anyone tell me a good way to find cheap weekly motels around the LA area?

I looked around and found a few on craigslist and yellowpages for about 225-300/week but I read on the comments and stuff on yellowpages and they found stuff for like 175/week. I know the quality won't be good, but I'm pretty much fine with anything that doesn't have bed bugs an AC would be a huge plus though. A couple of them I saw had bed bugs so I pretty much crossed those off the list except one is a really good location and cheap but I'm scared of getting a room with bed bugs in it.

If i go to a place before i pay can i look at the room? I'm not really sure what to do about booking places and stuff because I don't wanna go there with one option and i dont know what to do if one of them doesn't work out because a lot of them are spread out and I'd have to check to see if they were full. I'm just finding 1-2 all in different parts of the county not really clusters in a small area where it'd be easy to go check out multiple ones all in a day or few hours. I'm pretty much just looking for the cheapest one without bed bugs close to downtown or a big area.

If i walk in and pay and i notice something like bed bugs can i get a refund? is it a good idea to book them first? i'm kinda scared of booking one and find a cheaper one or have to wait awhile. At the same time I'm really worried about getting there and having all of them be full or something and i have to search around for new ones and travel all over the city and stuff. If i do leave a place how would i go about finding other weekly motels to start calling?

Are things like this common around the city? If I'm in an area I'd be able to find a handful close to me or would they all be spread out in different places and stuff? I even saw ones for 400/week that people were complaining about with having bed bugs so I don't think price range will automatically make it impossible to find something.

If anyone else has done this before is it better to just show up and hit all the places on foot trying to find the best option or do you call and book ahead? I'm not finding a lot of options on the internet i mean i see a couple but I pretty much have to go through the yellow pages and read all the comments and reviews just to see if they have weekly rates. I mean the places people are saying are horrible and filled with bed bugs I looked them up on facebook and I see people posting from the location and they seem alright. I don't think people would be staying there if they were being eaten alive by bugs.

Anything like 200-300/week would be perfect, but anything cheaper would be even better. I don't even care if the room is small or has no tv or microwave/fridge/kitchen area because I'm pretty much just spending all my time looking for jobs and a new living situation and I want to save as much as possible. also none of the places even show a weekly rate all you can do is enter the in and out address on their site and they give you a nightly rate.

Last edited by lostsoul3411; 01-29-2018 at 10:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 09:29 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,455,833 times
Just start calling the motels directly. Buy yourself a bed bag to put the mattress in, and bring your own bedding.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:01 AM

1,658 posts, read 2,694,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul3411 View Post
Hey guys can anyone tell me a good way to find cheap weekly motels around the LA area? ...Anything like 200-300/week would be perfect, but anything cheaper would be even better. I don't even care if the room is small or has no tv or microwave/fridge/kitchen area because I'm pretty much just spending all my time looking for jobs and a new living situation and I want to save as much as possible. also none of the places even show a weekly rate all you can do is enter the in and out address on their site and they give you a nightly rate.

After reading this, I'm not sure you have a car. If you don't have a car, find a motel near restaurants, a grocery store, and a bus stop. If the room passes your inspection, inform the manager that you intend to stay there more than 30 days. (You may have to write a note stating your intentions, but the motel should have a form for you to sign instead.) This will exempt you from the room tax. They may charge you the tax for the first 30 days, and then refund the tax charges, or they may not charge you from day one, whatever their rules are. Rise early and take advantage of the continental breakfast that is offered by most motels, and use the microwave and fridge if you are serious about saving money.

Don't book ahead; you need to check out the area and the rooms.

Old 01-30-2018, 04:48 PM

26,723 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul3411 View Post
If i go to a place before i pay can i look at the room?
Yes. https://www.extendedstayamerica.com/...ca/los-angeles

Old 01-30-2018, 09:30 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,156,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
The odds of finding an Extended Stay property in OP's price range are effectively nil.

Old 02-08-2018, 07:33 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
Just start calling the motels directly. Buy yourself a bed bag to put the mattress in, and bring your own bedding.
Bed bugs live tn mattresses, box springs, behind the headboard, even in cracks in the walls. If a place has them a bed bag isn't going to help.

Bed bugs are very, very difficult to eradicate once you have them. And very EXPENSIVEto get rid of. Find an unfurnished room with no carpet or curtains and supply your own bed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: