Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2018, 10:17 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
How much are we talking? Something like this needs a good amount of cash to float it.
Get it going and once you do, start a go fund me page to keep it going and I will definitely chip in. But since I'm not wealthy like you it would be humiliating for me to have to tell you how little an ordinary person like myself could afford to donate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Already exist, I donate money to it, and I know the lead pastors. In fact I was just at the Row last Friday, and I will be there next-next Friday night.
The Row Church
But it's not working so why would you continue to contribute to it?

Old 03-22-2018, 10:20 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,986,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
But it's not working so why would you continue to contribute to it?
What do you mean it's not working?

Since you LOVE hanging out in the LA Forum, talking about our homeless issues and putting in your 2 cents, can we expect you to throw in another 2 cents to actually help the homeless?

https://give.therowchurch.com/

I'll be looking forward to that donation from Sacramento showing up in the database this week (my company helped develop the website).

Old 03-22-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Get it going and once you do, start a go fund me page to keep it going and I will definitely chip in. But since I'm not wealthy like you it would be humiliating for me to have to tell you how little an ordinary person like myself could afford to donate.
"He sat down opposite the treasury and observed how the crowd put money into the treasury. Many rich people put in large sums. A poor widow also came and put in two small coins worth a few cents. Calling his disciples to himself, he said to them, 'Amen, I say to you, this poor widow put in more than all the other contributors to the treasury. For they have all contributed from their surplus wealth, but she, from her poverty, has contributed all she had, her whole livelihood."

Don't be afraid, be brave.

Old 03-22-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
What do you mean it's not working?
According to some of the LA 'natives' who post here the homeless problem in LA is growing every day

Old 03-22-2018, 10:24 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Quote:
According to some of the LA 'natives' who post here the homeless problem in LA is growing every day
Homeless problem ? What homeless problem ?

Old 03-22-2018, 10:24 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
"He sat down opposite the treasury and observed how the crowd put money into the treasury. Many rich people put in large sums. A poor widow also came and put in two small coins worth a few cents. Calling his disciples to himself, he said to them, 'Amen, I say to you, this poor widow put in more than all the other contributors to the treasury. For they have all contributed from their surplus wealth, but she, from her poverty, has contributed all she had, her whole livelihood."

Don't be afraid, be brave.

Old 03-22-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Of course it is. The food lines are longer then they were in 2010 when I first joined The Row. I'd like to think the money and work haven't gone to waste, but I have to admit the problem has gotten worse despite our efforts.

The LA natives who actually see this problem face to face, are just tired of ineffective taxation policies, and politicians that promise to "end homelessness". So I understand why they're frustrated. I'm sure if the same thing were happening in Sacramento, you would be frustrated as well.

Old 03-22-2018, 11:24 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,181,139 times
Quote:
You said on another post you live off social security (why a pensioner gets social security I don't know) and invest your pension. Perhaps you can donate some of that fat pension checks????

Old 03-23-2018, 12:31 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
In a decade ?

Garcetti says L.A. can end street homelessness in a decade
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles