Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2018, 09:22 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Running out of new homeless scare stories jm?
No there are plenty. Just wanted to post one that might get a laugh... Versus the ones where the homeless are killing random innocent people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2018, 09:27 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,986,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
No there are plenty. Just wanted to post one that might get a laugh... Versus the ones where the homeless are killing random innocent people.
Which is hitting about a 50/50 distribution these days.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:00 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,894,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post

How about you change "countries" to "other cities in the US comparable in size to San Diego" and the answer would be "not really".

What I'm trying to point out is the hepatitis outbreak was out of control, which it might not have been had there been places where people could go to get it treated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
We already have healthcare for everyone. If you want healthcare, you just buy it & pay for it -- just like if you want anything else, you buy it & pay for it.
I stand corrected. Instead, how about I say, "Maybe if we had affordable healthcare for everyone..."

I'll agree - the health care is there. As long as you have enough money to pay for it.

------------------------------------

I saw this article and I felt it addressed both the concerns from Matadora about homeless junkies and the homeless problems themselves.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/08/u...rtner=msft_msn

Old 05-10-2018, 09:22 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,986,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
How about you change "countries" to "other cities in the US comparable in size to San Diego" and the answer would be "not really".

What I'm trying to point out is the hepatitis outbreak was out of control, which it might not have been had there been places where people could go to get it treated.
I agree, it's too bad Democrats in San Francisco and Los Angeles are spending way too much time researching and implementing heroin "shoot up sites" instead of setting up medical clinics where they can actually be treated.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:40 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Quote:
I agree, it's too bad Democrats in San Francisco and Los Angeles are spending way too much time researching and implementing heroin "shoot up sites" instead of setting up medical clinics where they can actually be treated.
Yeah good point . Would these politicians want their kids going to a heroin shoot up site? Doubt it .

Old 05-10-2018, 12:00 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Why do you think there is a shortage of medical clinics and what kind of treatment do you think is available at "medical clinics" for heroin addicts?

Old 05-10-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yeah good point . Would these politicians want their kids going to a heroin shoot up site? Doubt it .
Anyone who has a family member who is addicted to heroin would be very happy to learn that they were using the drugs at a safe injection site, it doesn't sure the addiction (does anything?) but it makes it far less likely that they will die of an overdose.

Old 05-10-2018, 12:59 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
Anyone who has a family member who is addicted to heroin would be very happy to learn that they were using the drugs at a safe injection site, it doesn't sure the addiction (does anything?) but it makes it far less likely that they will die of an overdose.
Nope, they will shoot up at both the site and any other place they can.

Old 05-10-2018, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Nope, they will shoot up at both the site and any other place they can.
I'm not sure why you are so sure of that. But this is a fact, 40+ years of the war on drugs, over a trillion dollars spent on criminalizing drug use and marginalizing addicts and neither the supply or demand for drugs has decreased. Maybe it's time to try something else?

How Europe?s heroin capital solved its overdose crisis

https://www.vox.com/science-and-heal...pioid-epidemic

Injection Sites Provide Safe Spots to Shoot Up

Old 05-11-2018, 09:18 AM

1,122 posts, read 961,950 times
Quote:
Tell that to mothers who have lost children to Heroin over doses. My husband lost two brothers to Heroin overdoses. I never talk about it as it is my husband's family but it devastated my mother-in-law. My brother-in-law Roger was in his own home (family home) when his girlfriend gave him the fatal dose. My mother-in-law found him dead in his bedroom on the floor when she came back from playing Bingo. I will never forget her call to our home. Roger had been in rehab/recovery and was doing good. His old girlfriend came over and INJECTED him with the same dosage he was doing before going into rehab. It was too much and killed him.

My husband's other brother was a victim of a crime in Santa Monica, CA. He was found in a motel room back in the 70's.

Safe place - yea right. (shaking head) Sorry for the sarcasm but these sites are ridiculous. Might as well inject these people yourself (Politicians)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles