Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2018, 11:56 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
As long as it makes the real estate cheap enough so that I dont become an indentured servant to a massive bank loan that I have to have a top 1% highly unstable job to service for 30 years, I will deal with a few used condoms on the ground.
Yeah but things don’t work that way at least in L.A .

As we’ve seen the number of homeless on the streets going up and the prices of property going up too .

Nobody would argue that having more homeless on the street is a positive thing .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2018, 09:42 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,986,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
As long as it makes the real estate cheap enough so that I dont become an indentured servant to a massive bank loan that I have to have a top 1% highly unstable job to service for 30 years, I will deal with a few used condoms on the ground.
That's a market based decision by the way. So it seems like the market is working in your case.

Old 05-29-2018, 07:08 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,140,888 times
Why do they need bathrooms on Skid Row or in Venice? Can't one simply hang out at Starbucks (incljding using the bathroom) since Starbucks considers everyone a customer?

Bathrooms for Homeless People on Skid Row, in Venice Beach Hit Logistical Setbacks | KTLA

Old 05-29-2018, 08:22 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Why do they need bathrooms on Skid Row or in Venice? Can't one simply hang out at Starbucks (incljding using the bathroom) since Starbucks considers everyone a customer?

Bathrooms for Homeless People on Skid Row, in Venice Beach Hit Logistical Setbacks | KTLA
I was also wondering the exact same thing. Instead of using our tax dollars to build shelters/outhouses, let's just give huge tax breaks and other entitlement incentives to future Starbuck's locations.

"Hey you, get off of my neighborhood bus stop. Don't you know there's a new Starbuck's down the street?"

Old 05-29-2018, 08:25 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times
John and Ken's Vagrant Invasion photo gallery:

https://kfiam640.iheart.com/featured...end-us-photos/

Old 05-29-2018, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I was also wondering the exact same thing. Instead of using our tax dollars to build shelters/outhouses, let's just give huge tax breaks and other entitlement incentives to future Starbuck's locations.

"Hey you, get off of my neighborhood bus stop. Don't you know there's a new Starbuck's down the street?"

Also how about needle exchanges and safe spaces to shoot up drugs ?

Starbucks can likely offer these services more effectively too .

Old 05-29-2018, 10:12 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,865,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anikom15 View Post
Why can't we just have them live in the desert? Nobody lives there. Nobody is ever going to live there. They wouldn't bother anyone.
The desert is ecologically fragile. They would do irreparable harm to the environment.

Old 05-29-2018, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
No worries I would dump them at Slab City, far from you, and give them a month's rations and if it takes free drugs to get them on the Slab City bus then so be it.
How about Racoon City?

Old 05-29-2018, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Koreatown knows what it’s like to have their neighborhood and businesses destroyed and ruined from the L.A Riots .
Wait. There were Riots in LA???

Old 05-29-2018, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texamichiforniasota View Post
All you have to do is look where most of the shelter beds are in Los Angeles, Skid Row. As a result of the shelters, there are very few homeless people visible in Skid Row. They aren't attracted there by the services (/sarcasm).

This shelter is just a way for politicians to look like they are doing something. It is not designed to try to actually help the problem, it's just lipstick for the pig. There will be no noticeable difference in the amount of homeless people on the street in KTown, as this shelter will house less than 10% of the homeless people already in KTown. 9 homeless camping on a block instead of 10. That's if the homeless from the rest of the council district are not being sent there for services. If they are, that will cause more homelessness to concentrate in KTown than is already there They are right to not want this political show.
Yeah exactly . Also the homeless population in L.A has gone up massively by 75 percent in 6 years .

The crime rate among homeless is very high , which is a big reason people don’t want them near them or their families . Mental illness and drug abuse are high too .

The city needs to make it clear that the anti social and illegal behavior by the homeless won’t be tolerated . They are treated by kids gloves as if they are a protected class.
The attitude from the Mayor on down is that the homeless are all just down on their luck folks , this isn’t the reality .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles