Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2018, 11:46 PM

42,851 posts, read 26,259,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
I am familiar with with his previous positions on LGBT issues and abortion, and I dislike those old positions tremendously. Those views seem to evolved anyway. Assuming arguendo they haven’t changed, when viewed in the totality, Cox’ positions would still be better OVERALL for California.
This will go over real well in California:

"Cox has stated that “I’d like to go to the Portugal system where they actually put people who use marijuana in hospitals and cure them of their substance abuse.”
http://www.emeraldreport.com/cannabi...ized-governor/

PS Portugal does not hospitalize marijuana users
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2018, 12:15 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,180,221 times
They will never stop abortions or start praying in schools in Ca. Those are non issues. If Cox can help our homeless problem, and lower taxes or at least try. What's more important?? The debates will be very interesting... if Newsome shows up.

Old 06-16-2018, 04:05 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
This will go over real well in California:

"Cox has stated that “I’d like to go to the Portugal system where they actually put people who use marijuana in hospitals and cure them of their substance abuse.”
http://www.emeraldreport.com/cannabi...ized-governor/

PS Portugal does not hospitalize marijuana users
Isn’t this your position also ?

I’m suggesting that people who are addicted to substances, substance abuse, should get treated, they should not be incarcerated,” he said Monday in an interview with editors and reporters at The San Diego Union-Tribune.

Old 06-16-2018, 04:09 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
They will never stop abortions or start praying in schools in Ca. Those are non issues. If Cox can help our homeless problem, and lower taxes or at least try. What's more important?? The debates will be very interesting... if Newsome shows up.
True . The homeless issue is one of the top issues today in CA if not the top one .

The folks in charge have promised they’ll end homelessness and it’s only skyrocketed .

San Francisco and L.A have become worldwide embarrassments with reporters exposing the tent cities and drug addicts shooting up in public .
This is what the policy of “Tolerance” has created , cities with intolerable conditions .

Old 06-16-2018, 09:38 AM

21,735 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post

I’m suggesting that people who are addicted to substances, substance abuse, should get treated, they should not be incarcerated,” he said Monday in an interview with editors and reporters at The San Diego Union-Tribune.
Of course anyone with any common sense understands that, even for the less than 9% of regular marijuana users for whom use of that recreational substance results in some degree of disorder in daily life, marijuana “addiction” is simply the least harmful of any addiction - other than possibly coffee. And to conflate it with alcoholism, hard-drug use, or even tobacco is ridiculously over the top, especially in a state that just legalized it. When such a position is broadcast by a politician also flouting the numerous other over the top extremism that Cox does ... it just adds to the eye-rolling his blather is going to trigger.

Old 06-16-2018, 09:44 AM

Quote:

Marijuana is legal as a recreational drug in California and Cox wants to hospitalize users and treat them for a substance abuse disorder. I think Cox is as nutty as Jeff Sessions, that's my position

Old 06-16-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
True . The homeless issue is one of the top issues today in CA if not the top one .

The folks in charge have promised they’ll end homelessness and it’s only skyrocketed .

San Francisco and L.A have become worldwide embarrassments with reporters exposing the tent cities and drug addicts shooting up in public .
This is what the policy of “Tolerance” has created , cities with intolerable conditions .
The homeless issue is rightfully serious. Pretty sure, however aggravating and expensive and sad, it doesn’t top numerous others. Housing availabilities and costs in urban centers ring a bell? How about crumbling infrasructure? Even the bullet train? Water?

That said, saying that ½ of 1% of LA County’s population (58,000 out of 10,000,000) create “intolerable conditions” for 10,000,000 is what’s known as hyperbole. It’s sadly deplorable in various pockets ... and by its nature of social failing demands resolution. Sure. But “number one issue”, “intolerable conditions” is very much an overstatement.

Old 06-16-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Marijuana is legal as a recreational drug in California and Cox wants to hospitalize users and treat them for a substance abuse disorder. I think Cox is as nutty as Jeff Sessions, that's my position
I think people such as Sessions and Cox should be committed for treatment ...

Old 06-16-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Regarding that ^ What treatment do you suggest? Please share your thoughts with us and provide data for the long term recovery rate for your preferred treatment modality.

My thoughts are that people who are addicted to drugs or alcohol should be left alone unless use results in criminal behavior at which point you deal with the behavior not the addiction.

Old 06-16-2018, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I think people such as Sessions and Cox should be committed for treatment ...
or better yet, a lobotomy. They might be less dangerous after that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles