Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2018, 09:44 PM

21,737 posts, read 16,346,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
Start a thread about that - you're certainly on the mat here- as usual
Or make up another phony self aggrandizing story about yourself- the victims and the communities are gonna get fixed - that's what's important: your insecurities are not.
What insecurity TC? You’re the one afraid of the homeless criminals here day in and day out ... all the while the non-homeless crime swirls around you by thousands to one ...

And this IS a “thread about that”. The thread is about homelessness issues .... of which crime is one ... and one that you and others here feature without any relative perspective ... so now I’m gonna keep offering that perspective to clarify the homeless crime issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2018, 06:39 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
What insecurity TC? You’re the one afraid of the homeless criminals here day in and day out ... all the while the non-homeless crime swirls around you by thousands to one ...

And this IS a “thread about that”. The thread is about homelessness issues .... of which crime is one ... and one that you and others here feature without any relative perspective ... so now I’m gonna keep offering that perspective to clarify the homeless crime issue.
Well said. Sad to see his continuous rants, slamming any efforts to alleviate or mitigate the homeless problem.

Old 08-01-2018, 07:57 AM

872 posts, read 595,761 times
You and tulemutt have never expressed sadness at ANY of the awful damage that having the "homeless" wander around around due to liberal policies has caused- no one community or victim have you expressed any sadness for- not even harm to little children or elderly... disgusting how you pick what upsets you...your team caused this and everyone knows it. Nobody cares what YOU think- your team is incapable of fixing this and everyone knows it....the good people of this country are demanding, and will receive change which means putting the needy into supervised facilities..
so tulemutt wants to keep posting pro-homelessness and pro homeless crime posts- I'm sure it appreciates your support.

Old 08-01-2018, 08:28 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I think if I have a medical condition I'd rather live a hour away from a Dr then on the streets in a tent probably getting high and defecating in the gutter.
Not all homeless people are in this situation, and you wouldn't know either way.

Many people with medical conditions CANNOT DRIVE. Seizures alone mean you cannot get a LICENSE. Plenty of other disabilities prevent one from DRIVING.

Old 08-01-2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
If they are that bad they should be in mental facilities and .... they aren't. They are on the street getting worse.
The state of California would have to spend a lot more on facilities, which it has yet to do. And no a lot of them aren't that bad, but they do need help.

Old 08-01-2018, 09:22 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,181,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Not all homeless people are in this situation, and you wouldn't know either way.

Many people with medical conditions CANNOT DRIVE. Seizures alone mean you cannot get a LICENSE. Plenty of other disabilities prevent one from DRIVING.
So you want them to stay homeless on the streets so they are near Drs? Oh I mean free ERs. I thought you wanted to help them get out of that situation

Old 08-01-2018, 09:50 AM

21,737 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
You and tulemutt have never expressed sadness at ANY of the awful damage that having the "homeless" wander around around due to liberal policies has caused- no one community or victim have you expressed any sadness for- not even harm to little children or elderly... disgusting how you pick what upsets you...your team caused this and everyone knows it. Nobody cares what YOU think- your team is incapable of fixing this and everyone knows it....the good people of this country are demanding, and will receive change which means putting the needy into supervised facilities..
so tulemutt wants to keep posting pro-homelessness and pro homeless crime posts- I'm sure it appreciates your support.
lol at your “team” mentality. Deep sophistication of analysis on your part, as usual.

Aside from the easily disproven accusation that “we” - you know: the “other team” on this thread - have never expressed sympathy for all parties affected, communities and homeless alike (go review posts to see this is not true) ... uh, what value does “expressing sadness” provide to finding solutions?

To date, you have not engaged in any productive conversation of legal, affordable ways to relieve neighborhood conditions. Your rhetoric is consistently focused on illegal confinements of the homeless without any regard to constitutional rights and costs borne ... and filled with empty personal attacks at those who specifically identify the legal and financial barriers to your rant proposals.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:31 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
I’m sure city is getting a lot of pressure from businesses and developers as more money pours into downtown la

—-

Los Angeles took a step Tuesday toward converting a vacant children’s museum and a textile factory into crisis shelters to take homeless people off the streets of skid row and other parts of downtown.

The sites are outside skid row’s 50-year-old homelessness “containment” zone. But the council vote Tuesday to evaluate the locations could be the beginning of transforming skid row, the most concentrated homeless enclave in the country, and lifting a longtime barrier to the march of downtown development.

https://ktla.com/2018/07/31/l-a-cons...less-shelters/

Old 08-01-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
So you want them to stay homeless on the streets so they are near Drs? Oh I mean free ERs. I thought you wanted to help them get out of that situation
Yes. Build more housing, and people in California should stop being cheap bastards and pay the taxes to do this.

Fortunately it is happening as all the negative press is forcing action.

Dumping poor people in the middle of nowhere where they have access to no services including medical is inhumane.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:59 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Answer this, is it better for a mentally ill person to be in a place where they have access to mental health care services and medication, or should they be dumped in rural Missouri without transportation or medicaid where the nearest charity based behavioral health clinic is 100 miles away?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles