Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2018, 07:46 AM

21,736 posts, read 16,346,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
BMW next to your sidewalk, or BM on your sidewalk? Choose wisely...
Good one Exitus.

I don’t care who you are ... that’s funny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 04:52 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times
Quote:
She said the LAPD is in a tough position as the officers want to be responsive to residents' demand for action because of people's behavior but at the same time know that their actions aren't really changing the outcomes. "It is a crazy system to cite people, send them to court, they don't appear, and they get a warrant, multiple warrants for multiple failures to appear ... and then it all mounts up," Goldsmith said.
In old-timey days, if a law enforcement officer said that there's no loitering allowed and it was time to move on, you'd best do as you're told lest you may get a mahogany shampoo and find yourself taken to the county line in the back of "paddy wagon" [partly Irish so I can use that word because I own it]. Now, however, none of these mentally deranged people terrorizing our neighborhoods seem to fear any such outcome, and I agree with Goldsmith in that there's no viable solution unless something drastically changes in law enforcement policy.

Old 08-15-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
In old-timey days, if a law enforcement officer said that there's no loitering allowed and it was time to move on, you'd best do as you're told lest you may get a mahogany shampoo and find yourself taken to the county line in the back of "paddy wagon" [partly Irish so I can use that word because I own it]. Now, however, none of these mentally deranged people terrorizing our neighborhoods seem to fear any such outcome, and I agree with Goldsmith in that there's no viable solution unless something drastically changes in law enforcement policy.
Ah for the good old days busting heads, eh Exitus?! Back then “freedom” meant “freedom”! Just as the constitution guaranteed us!

Old 08-15-2018, 05:07 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
So homeless refuse to obey the laws and rules... so let’s just let them get away with crime .

Sends a bad message and will likely lead to more and more homelesscoming here for “sanctuary” .

Isn’t this a double standard? How can you have one set of rules for “homeless” and one for non homeless ?

LAPD chief proposes a 'radical solution': Eliminate old bench warrants for homeless people

Old 08-15-2018, 05:11 PM

“Goldsmith, who is president and chief executive of the Liberty Hill Foundation and once managed a homeless shelter, asked the department this year to reduce arrests of homeless people. "We are all struggling to figure out the solutions," she said.”

Reduce arrests ? This is nuts . People get arrested only because they are causing trouble !

If they can buy alcohol ,,drugs, cigarettes etc they can pay fines

Old 08-15-2018, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
So homeless refuse to obey the laws and rules... so let’s just let them get away with crime .

Sends a bad message and will likely lead to more and more homelesscoming here for “sanctuary” .

Isn’t this a double standard? How can you have one set of rules for “homeless” and one for non homeless ?

LAPD chief proposes a 'radical solution': Eliminate old bench warrants for homeless people
Except, as usual, you are paraphrasing with extraordinary creativity, as usual. And your paraphrase doesn’t reflect what anyone is proposing ... just what you want to fictionalize.

Old 08-15-2018, 05:18 PM

Legally I don’t see how they can have one set of rules for homeless and another set of rules for non homeless .

Old 08-15-2018, 05:33 PM

872 posts, read 595,761 times
Yep! Its time for the law suits - its a national issue and a pandemic... the more the libs flash the law and constitution around, the more they realize how those two things will end their control over the mess they have created nationally.... getting more cases heard and libs in prison can only mean hope and expedition for getting some federal housing and treatment facilities built. I'm quite sure many private corporations would welcome the SCOTUS backing for their patriotic and philanthropic desires...
Will sotomayor quit next year? maybe be dismissed? sooner?? she is a real unholy mess and coming unhinged besides here miserable health.... of course RBG is about to croak- foregone conclusion there.. well I guess if legal challenges come up- maybe they will at least be bedridden and able to observe.
The constitution and its interpretation are really gonna be valuable for helping situate the vagrants and mentally ill... more homerun choices from President Trump coming up!

Old 08-15-2018, 06:59 PM

Russian bot? Or Q’Anon bot?

Old 08-15-2018, 07:53 PM

Can we get this in L.A ? ..

San Francisco to Launch 'Poop Patrol' to Clean Up Streets Amid Homelessness Crisis

San Francisco is launching a “Poop Patrol” in an effort to clean up city streets as it struggles with the persistent issue of homelessness and a lack of public restrooms.

San Francisco Launches 'Poop Patrol' to Clean Up Streets | Time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles