Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2018, 05:53 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yup too many that obviously have no good intentions and simply want to troll .
They all live far away so aren’t even stakeholders making it even more ludicrous
Because some of us live in a suburb of Los Angeles and don't answer your repeated inquiries about specifically which one it is (you've asked me twice), we suddenly "live far away"? And we're all trolling?

You recently started a thread about the homeless and violence in the Politics forum entitled, "Out of control homeless crime in L.A has neighborhoods on guard." It looks as if most of the people who responded to you have never even BEEN to Los Angeles, much less been around a homeless person. Why are you not complaining over there about where these people live and whether they are allowed to respond? Is it because most of them agree with your viewpoint that L.A. is going to hell in a hand basket and it's all because of the homeless?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2018, 06:57 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Because some of us live in a suburb of Los Angeles and don't answer your repeated inquiries about specifically which one it is (you've asked me twice), we suddenly "live far away"? And we're all trolling?

You recently started a thread about the homeless and violence in the Politics forum entitled, "Out of control homeless crime in L.A has neighborhoods on guard." It looks as if most of the people who responded to you have never even BEEN to Los Angeles, much less been around a homeless person. Why are you not complaining over there about where these people live and whether they are allowed to respond? Is it because most of them agree with your viewpoint that L.A. is going to hell in a hand basket and it's all because of the homeless?
A suburb of L.A is very different from the city of L.A.

The most frequent advocate posters also don’t even live in a suburb of L.A or anywhere close .

Night and day .

You are lucky to not be hostage of the horrible policies of L.A City Hall

Old 09-06-2018, 07:26 PM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinglearjet View Post
Rebutting your arguments is neither interesting nor a challenge; it's like beating up a toddler. I certainly believe that you are "self educated." That ensured that you never encountered or considered any opinions or positions other than your own.

This ongoing dick-waving contest aside, there's no common ground to be reached between the "they're scum and should be wiped off the face of the earth" and the "they're human beings and worthy of our compassion" viewpoints, so why try to crush the other guy in the iron grip of your ineffable logic?
Really? Great then! You will find it easy as pie to prove my positions wrong ... I look forward to reading your arguments and reasonings ... and engaging you. So far, all I’ve read from you are personal opinions and attacks. Can’t wait for the actual debate on topic.

Your comment that self education means the self educated “never encounters or considers any opinions other than [his] own” is just a disappointing start since there isn’t any logical premise there to work with: self edcation can be anything, including seeking other opinions for considerations. But let’s just let that one pass and you try something else ... on topic, perhaps?

Maybe you should get together with CaliRestoration to formulate some lines of attack ... though he appears to have dropped out just as you appear.

Old 09-06-2018, 07:37 PM

Quote:
A suburb of L.A is very different from the city of L.A.

The most frequent advocate posters also don’t even live in a suburb of L.A or anywhere close .

Night and day .

Do tell, jm!

Please explain in what ways the homeless in LA city are different than the homeless in the County ...

And you STILL have never answered my oft asked question: in what way are the homeless of LA different from the homeless of San Diego (where I live, for instance)? ... or of San Francisco? ... or Sacramento?

Also explain how persons who interact with the homeless and their issues in other cities would fail to grasp LA homelessness ...

And, do tell why you embrace comments from people who chime in with hate-the-homeless posts from across the country ... but not in your neighboring county ... eh?

Perhaps most curiously, we wonder exactly where YOU live, jm ... IN LA? Or in the county even? Seems to me way back you talked about living in OC with your parents? No?

Old 09-06-2018, 11:26 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,134,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genghis View Post
Such long words for someone who found the 11th grade too challenging to complete. Look, it's clear you are prepared to argue indefinitely. But I got stuff to do. Think what you want.
Exactly. Who has time for this? The self accolades and self applause with respect to one’s own intellect, ,coupled with a fervent but misguided belief that one’s argumentation is strong, when it is not, is what I have seen. Ugh it is really too much...no time for this. Plus it is really distasteful.

This notion that all sorts of “facts” and “truths” have been presented by one side - definitively - and that one should thus be convinced upon reading these same flawed studies and reports, is comical and frankly shows no ability to understand bias and problems with presented studies. Everything is shown as gospel as though the media too is not immensely biased.

Old 09-07-2018, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Exactly. Who has time for this? The self accolades and self applause with respect to one’s own intellect, ,coupled with a fervent but misguided belief that one’s argumentation is strong, when it is not, is what I have seen. Ugh it is really too much...no time for this. Plus it is really distasteful.

This notion that all sorts of “facts” and “truths” have been presented by one side - definitively - and that one should thus be convinced upon reading these same flawed studies and reports, is comical and frankly shows no ability to understand bias and problems with presented studies. Everything is shown as gospel as though the media too is not immensely biased.
Ah. More protests without an iota of factual rebuttal.
OC, show HOW the studies and reports are flawed.

You, who in the past, have talked about your IQ being so high, and how institutions of higher learning competed for your enrollment, surely must have some way to back up your protests that the research studies I, and others here have used:
conducted by verifiably highly educated and skilled professionals in the fields of sociology and statistics;
and which are thoroughly annotated, referenced, and footnoted;
which have their methodologies described in detail;
which provide all sourcing information ...
... are flawed.

Demonstrate your bases for arguing THESE pieces of research I have offered, in multiples over a couple of years of your denials, are in error.

It is incumbent on YOU, who claim intelligence and education, to go beyond exasperated expressions of generic denial. YOU need to stop claiming - illogically - that:

since research studies can be sometimes flawed,
ergo :.
THESE specific studies and reports must necessarily be flawed.

THAT expression is a logical fallacy.

Bring something besides “arm waving” to the table yourself. You, and the whole gaggle of other deniers.

Or go back to celebrating Chump’s inauguration size crowd.

Last edited by Tulemutt; 09-07-2018 at 01:39 AM..

Old 09-07-2018, 01:25 AM

7,024 posts, read 4,887,277 times
Quote:

You know all those people who complain about the high cost of living? What do the other posters always tell them to do? The complainers are told to just move to where the cost of living isn't so high, regardless of their circumstances.

So...really not trying to be rude here, but maybe if the homeless problem in LA affects you so much, maybe you should...just move.

Old 09-07-2018, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinglearjet View Post
I'm still not interested in beating up a toddler even if the toddler comes at me windmilling his fists and saying, "Come on, bring it!!!"
Heh. Impotent protest, again. Personal attacks by a “brand new” poster. I’m inviting topical dialogue and debate. Let me know when you’ve got some to share.

Old 09-07-2018, 07:00 AM

639 posts, read 1,071,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Who said I found 11th grade too challenging? Lol. Another example of how little you think things through. Never occur to you I found school boring? If my mastery of language and grammar are getting your attention - what does that say about how challenging I would have found prescriptive, traditional schooling? I’ll match my self education to any formal education you attained.
I think it's "self-education" and not "self education". Maybe where you're from they didn't get to hyphens until the 12th grade. And saying "I’ll match my self education to any formal education you attained." is just an expression of arrogance without any content. Nothing new here.

Quote:
Here’s a fun little diversionary project for you: look up famous school dropouts ...
For every dropout that becomes famous there are many who don't do anything special. It hardly matters that some dropouts make it. Besides, I don't see why an intelligent person who couldn't handle high school has anything to brag about. It shows he/she decided to not do something worth doing for reasons of motivation, character, etc.

Quote:
Meanwhile, I notice that, once again, you fail to rise to the challenge of rebutting my points. Just another attempt at personal attack.
Oh, I did rebut you on several occasions. But your arrogance is a pretty thick wall to you seeing that. Every time I made an effective rebuttal you'd just respond with a torrent of contempt. Not very convincing.

Old 09-07-2018, 07:41 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,134,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Ah. More protests without an iota of factual rebuttal.
OC, show HOW the studies and reports are flawed.

You, who in the past, have talked about your IQ being so high, and how institutions of higher learning competed for your enrollment, surely must have some way to back up your protests that the research studies I, and others here have used:
conducted by verifiably highly educated and skilled professionals in the fields of sociology and statistics;
and which are thoroughly annotated, referenced, and footnoted;
which have their methodologies described in detail;
which provide all sourcing information ...
... are flawed.

Demonstrate your bases for arguing THESE pieces of research I have offered, in multiples over a couple of years of your denials, are in error.

It is incumbent on YOU, who claim intelligence and education, to go beyond exasperated expressions of generic denial. YOU need to stop claiming - illogically - that:

since research studies can be sometimes flawed,
ergo :.
THESE specific studies and reports must necessarily be flawed.

THAT expression is a logical fallacy.

Bring something besides “arm waving” to the table yourself. You, and the whole gaggle of other deniers.

Or go back to celebrating Chump’s inauguration size crowd.
I never claimed anything other than a great deal of education, which is true. Never have I boasted of my IQ to support any argument. I don’t remember ever mentioning my IQ ever. I challenge you to show me where I mentioned institutions fighting over me etc.

Your obsession with Trump and his inaugural comments are misplaced and entirely irrelevant here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles