Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2018, 11:19 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
indeed... who knows how many more "ghost ships" there are in Ca. I've been seeing a lot of homeless hanging out around a empty industrial buildg close to where I work
Yeah I guess at least that’s one good thing about L.A’s hot property market . Not too many vacants.
Usually property is worth too much to leave vacant . I know they often setup tents around vacant lots too that are going to be built on . I guess at least once the jackhammers start they probably move .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2018, 11:20 AM

21,735 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yes , it is unfortunate the L.A forum is infested with trolls . I think Mrs. Reagan’s advice is good.
The ignore feature comes in handy but then you still see their posts if someone quotes it .

Bravo LAPD I agree
It IS “infested with trolls”! Right on jm! Trolls who constantly bash homelessness without constructive education, accuracy, or proposals ... just endless vomitus of ridicule and specious faux stereotyping and calls to execute the homeless. Ugly postings for sure. Thanks for supporting cessation of such.

Old 09-14-2018, 11:22 AM

29 posts, read 28,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Yeah. About the exact same they do with the many many many more violent non-homeless people.
Ok, if it happens again I'll file it. But the way I figure, insane homeless people who attack others probably have even less to lose than most people, making them hypothetically more dangerous, since they'll attack even when not provoked.

Old 09-14-2018, 11:22 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,524,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Something has always puzzled me about homeless people.
They don't work, so how , and where do they get the money for drugs?
They can't all be home invasion experts.

Bob.
Beg steal or borrow

Old 09-14-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Something has always puzzled me about homeless people.
They don't work, so how , and where do they get the money for drugs?
They can't all be home invasion experts.

Bob.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Beg steal or borrow
That and many do have minor income from Social Security or other pensions or allotments.

Additionally, about 25% of homeless ARE, in fact, employed. Just can’t afford the rents along with other expenses.

Old 09-14-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairbdes View Post
Ok, if it happens again I'll file it. But the way I figure, insane homeless people who attack others probably have even less to lose than most people, making them hypothetically more dangerous, since they'll attack even when not provoked.
Pretty much anyone insane enough to attack others without provocation doesn’t consider what they have to lose, if anything. Insane is insane. Housed or homeless.

As it is, more homeless people are attacked - and killed - violently by non-homeless people than the other way around.
Quote:
No Safe Street: A Survey of Violence Committed against Homeless People a new report published by the National Coalition for the Homeless finds that over the last 17 years, at least 1,657 people experiencing homelessness have been the victims of violence perpetrated for the sole reason that they were unhoused at the time. This number includes 428 men and women who lost their lives for being homeless, and in the wrong place at the wrong time.
https://nationalhomeless.org/categor...-the-homeless/
Such is not to minimize any danger you or others have experienced ... but provides perspective that violence isn’t a problem specific to homelessness. And specious stereotyping of the homeless as particularly violent only feeds the fearmongering already disserving all parties on both sides.

Old 09-14-2018, 12:58 PM

872 posts, read 595,645 times
This is what its allllll about- the situation HAS gotten worse and much more money has been taken/stolen and given to special interests...even the LA times sees the truth and write about it! Using the excons and mentally ill for personal gain- the pro=homelessness and crime advocate credo
Why is liberal California the poverty capital of America?

OVER 600 MILLION allocated by the state-to give to the special people included in the money grab that's NOT including city or county budgets--- so much money and its only getting worse!!
More excons being let out today and jerry is pardoning more three strikers.... hello LA!
Gavin WILL make this situation much more catastrophic!

Old 09-14-2018, 01:59 PM

What “IT” is allllllll about is: EXCLAMATION POINTS!

If you want to be read as credible ... add lots and lots of EXCLAMATION POINTS!

Gets the job done every time ...

Old 09-14-2018, 02:13 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,657,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yes , it is unfortunate the L.A forum is infested with trolls . I think Mrs. Reagan’s advice is good.
The ignore feature comes in handy but then you still see their posts if someone quotes it .

Bravo LAPD I agree

Well said as always, jm. Have a great weekend, buddy!

Old 09-14-2018, 03:32 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Well said as always, jm. Have a great weekend, buddy!
Thanks you too !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles