Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2018, 11:04 AM

21,734 posts, read 16,346,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
So 2Sleepy doesn't live in LA?

If people don't live in LA or right outside of LA they really have no business commenting on this. Because they're not seeing/dealing with it like we are.
Oh bulltweet ... your LA problem differs from common experience in other cities in what way? San Francisco? Seattle? Portland? San Diego? Honolulu? What? You have more numbers? Hardly on any % basis.

I don't live in LA (anymore). But I did live for decades in San Francisco until a couple years back. Now I split my time between San Diego and central coast, with several months in Puget Sound Washington which includes trips through and stays in Seattle. Right now I'm in Oahu Hawaii with many days in Honolulu. It's the same problem. Different street names.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
She has previously stated that she lives in Sacramento.

Truth.

I'd even say, if you haven't spent any meaningful time on Skid Row, talking to people, observing the situation, you probably don't have much of a valid opinion.
Oh lmfao. Now you are going to add 'LA On-Site Homeless Outreach Counselor' to your resume, Mr. Out-of-State Resident Billionaire? Comment away, since you're in the trenches!

Old 02-21-2018, 12:29 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Oh bulltweet ... your LA problem differs from common experience in other cities in what way? San Francisco? Seattle? Portland? San Diego? Honolulu? What? You have more numbers? Hardly on any % basis.

I don't live in LA (anymore). But I did live for decades in San Francisco until a couple years back. Now I split my time between San Diego and central coast, with several months in Puget Sound Washington which includes trips through and stays in Seattle. Right now I'm in Oahu Hawaii with many days in Honolulu. It's the same problem. Different street names.
Well thanks for the rundown...LOL....this is FB this is City Data.

No it isn't BS, you don't live in LA so why are you always on the LA boards?

While it's true the homeless problem is in other places, it's not as bad as it is here.

Why are you spending so much time on CD if you're in Hawaii?

I spent 3 weeks in Europe in late Sept and part of October, other than checking emails a few times a week, I wasn't staring at a screen. I certainly wasn't on City Data.

You have to be up their age wise, go enjoy yourself and quit worrying about a city you don't even live in.

Old 02-21-2018, 12:30 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,986,718 times
Quote:
Oh lmfao. Now you are going to add 'LA On-Site Homeless Outreach Counselor' to your resume, Mr. Out-of-State Resident Billionaire? Comment away, since you're in the trenches!
I never said I was an "outreach counselor", I've just donated lots of money to homeless in LA. You claim to have "lived in LA", how long ago? Did you go to Skid Row? No? How can you talk about a place where you haven't spent time?

Have you spent any time/money to help homeless ANYWHERE?

Old 02-21-2018, 12:50 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
So 2Sleepy doesn't live in LA?
If people don't live in LA or right outside of LA they really have no business commenting on this. Because they're not seeing/dealing with it like we are.
That's really grasping at straws, so I guess now you have given yourself moderator status and can decide who can post in a thread? Homeless people are pretty much the same no matter where they live, for you to claim otherwise is simply untrue.

Old 02-21-2018, 12:55 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
She has previously stated that she lives in Sacramento.
Truth.
You have posted in the Los Angeles, Orange County, San Francisco, Ventura and San Bernardino forums, and you want to wag your finger at me for posting in the Los Angeles forum when I live in Sacramento?

Old 02-21-2018, 01:00 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,865,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I'm sure that his performance is fairly well scrutinized.

http://clkrep.lacity.org/onlinedocs/...isc_6-8-16.pdf
I read the document. Perhaps I missed it - but it doesn't seem to address elimination of homelessness.

Old 02-21-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Well thanks for the rundown...LOL....this is FB this is City Data.

No it isn't BS, you don't live in LA so why are you always on the LA boards?

While it's true the homeless problem is in other places, it's not as bad as it is here.

Why are you spending so much time on CD if you're in Hawaii?

I spent 3 weeks in Europe in late Sept and part of October, other than checking emails a few times a week, I wasn't staring at a screen. I certainly wasn't on City Data.

You have to be up their age wise, go enjoy yourself and quit worrying about a city you don't even live in.
Never expressed worry. Yes, I'm 70, retired ... sitting on beaches and in campgrounds amusing and distracting myself to my heart's content. Been swimming, sailing, hiking, paddle boarding, and loafing ... some such or other nearly everyday. Thanks for your concern and interest.

I'm not hardly on LA board “always” ... just from time to time when I notice a particular topic that interests me - and which I have knowledge of. The topic here is basically the same as on dozens of city CD boards across the nation. That's the point with regard to my response to you: you're no different in LA from Seattle or San Francisco.

And misinformation is the same everywhere. The people of Seattle and Portland are also convinced homeless migrate to their burgs because the weather .... blah blah blah etc etc ... when in fact 75%-90% of all homeless everywhere become homeless in the same city or state where they are found living on the streets. Etc.

I enjoy correcting misinformation ... especially when it is counterproductive to the problems being complained about. Like the difference between transients and homeless ... etc.

And I'll post where I please as much as I care to, thanks

Old 02-21-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
I never said I was an "outreach counselor", I've just donated lots of money to homeless in LA. You claim to have "lived in LA", how long ago? Did you go to Skid Row? No? How can you talk about a place where you haven't spent time?

Have you spent any time/money to help homeless ANYWHERE?
Oh, I merely maintained an apartment share with a cousin in Hollywood for when I was up for visiting friends and relatives on and off for about maybe 8 years ... dropped that I'd guess at least 6 years ago. But as 2sleepy points out: what's it to ya? You post all over the state boards and claim to not live in California at all.

“Spent time / money to help homeless”? Moi?

Oh my yes. But my time and money has been mostly focused - on homeless veterans. Counseling suicide lines, determining paths to benefits, writing advocacy letters and introductions, performing in person outreach to vets both on the streets and hiding literally out in the woods. .... literally picking them up physically when they couldn't even walk anymore, carrying them to my van, driving them to VA hospitals, helping them through the halls, sitting with them in appointments they were afraid to be alone in ... sleeping in their motel rooms with them in between appointments, making sure they were fed. Resolving evictions, buying many meals ... and yes, even hosting some at length in my humble home. Also belong to a veterans helping veterans service organization that runs two halfway houses for the homeless vets as they get clean and sober.

Old 02-21-2018, 01:13 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,140,888 times
Quote:
Cool. This little tangent points so surgically to one of the key reasons the homeless crisis persists as it does: misidentification and misassociation. Those who complain the loudest and most vituperatively here once again reveal minds shut tight, enscoced in arrogant communities.
So I live in an “arrogant community” in the Greater Los Angeles area, and based on that fact, my opinion(s) don’t matter. But those residing far outside the area, areas not even remotely part of the area and which are also not “arrogant communities,”are correct in all assessments.

By the way, Honolulu is filled with filthy “ homeless” people. Oops, or are they “ transients”?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles