Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2018, 11:46 PM

21,724 posts, read 16,323,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
For one last time, the concept of sin is religious at its core. Good grief.
Good grief, the word “sin” is defined in every dictionary as being used with OR without regard to religion ... as shown in the bolded quote I supplied.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2018, 11:53 PM

21,724 posts, read 16,323,643 times
Quote:
Please figure out what infer means.

You don’t and have not provided rebuttals, but subjective opinions based off of your viewpoint mixed with hyperbole..
Everyone knows what “infer” means ... and you do it all the time. You also flat out denigrate without inference. As I said: go back and read your entire posting history. You are top of low-class on this forum for denigration posts. Included in that history are multitudinous factual rebuttals from me. I am top of class for factual, logical debate and have eviscerated your denigrations on many occasions.

And now: good night. Sweet dreams of an all white, athiest, highly educated, affluent, all-male society under the harmonious directions of concert-master Donarld J. Chump.

Old 10-04-2018, 04:53 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,441,003 times
“A proposal to fund the city's portion of a temporary homeless shelter to be located on the West Los Angeles Veterans Administration campus was approved by a Los Angeles City Council committee Wednesday.“

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...495132401.html

Old 10-04-2018, 07:22 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,133,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Sweet dreams of an all white, athiest, highly educated, affluent, all-male society under the harmonious directions of concert-master Donarld J. Chump.
Wth?

Old 10-04-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsouthoc View Post
wth?
tds

Old 10-04-2018, 09:31 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,133,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
tds
Which can be cured with a double dose in 2020.

Old 10-04-2018, 04:02 PM

7,024 posts, read 4,885,827 times
Quote:
You don't know whether my parents are alive let alone whether they are in the United States or whether they are collecting SS. You also do not know whether their contributions far exceed your own.

Your vaunted tax contributions may well be far lower than my own. I strongly suspect this based on the fact that you indicated earlier that you are now receiving some sort of assistance and because you also claimed to have been homeless. Low, very low and no income people pay no income taxes.

My life mistakes or lack thereof are not relevant. I won't be discussing them. I am not seeking victim status in order to get assistance.
Nor do you know all that much about me. Are we going to start debating the worth of a person based on the job he has and the amount of money he makes and the amount of taxes he pays? Do you really want to go there? Because in the scheme of things, you'd probably rank really low compared to people like Bill Gates and Warren Buffet.

I am now receiving help because I'm disabled. What happens to you if you become disabled?

I was homeless in the past. I lived in my truck for 6 years, working and going to school the entire time. Less than ten years later, I owned a house. Now I don't. According to you, I was a failure, then a success, then a failure again.

But the thing is, you can't take a person at any point in his life and say he's a success or a failure because you don't know what's coming next. You have no idea if someone is going to be able to turn his life around or not. But if you continue to put down all the people you consider failures, it's a sure bet they'll never amount to anything. People will rise to the expectations others have of them. If you don't think the homeless can rise to any expectation of yours, why are you so surprised when they don't? And why do you expect more?

Your life mistakes are important because it matters whether or not you have the money and connections to get yourself out of those mistakes. Yes, there is responsibility sometimes in what mistakes you make. Hindsight is 20/20. It's easy to say someone should have done this or should have done that. It's also pointless.

No one can go back in time to correct those mistakes, so harping on them and using them as an excuse to stay down is meaningless. So is blaming people for staying down because of their past mistakes. Quit looking at what people were and look at their potential instead. One of the best reasons for you to look at your past life mistakes is so you can be humble, so when you see someone else who isn't as fortunate, you think, "There but for God go I."

Old 10-04-2018, 04:03 PM

First the hepatitis outbreak ... now a typhus outbreak in downtown la

#THANKSGARCETTI

—-
A flea-borne typhus outbreak among homeless in downtown Los Angeles triggered an investigation by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health after several cases were reported, the agency said Thursday.

NBC sources say the number may be upwards of at least a dozen.

Typhus can cause fever, chills, body aches, nausea and vomiting, cough, and rash, but can be treated with antibiotics. If not treated however, it can be fatal.

The scope of the outbreak is hard to assess because it could take one to two weeks to detect, meaning the full extent of the number of infections is likely unknown at this time.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...495197621.html

Old 10-04-2018, 04:43 PM

872 posts, read 595,175 times
Seriously horrible jm
That just reinforces the need for supervised, secured institutionalization NOW!
A bed, clean clothes, showers, food three times a day and services including health services are much better conditions than they have now and in many cases better than they have ever had!
We are already paying big big big money for this- lets get em off the streets and out of public areas and out of harms way...winter is coming
With almost a billion dollars to spend each year ( and growing?) lets get the facilities up and running and get these folks clean and sober
Maybe some will become productive citizens- or at least be happy doing something nice instead of street survival crap.
The law is on our side and so is the money - take the money from the greedy thieving "public servants " advocates and vendors ( all the slave owners) and build some nice places for these fellow humans . They simply need to have structure and boundaries - it's not going to happen without some solid regulation of their behavior - wandering around , comitting crimes,and messing up parks beaches and street and stabbing folks has to end now!!!!

Old 10-05-2018, 06:56 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,858,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Of course people make bad choices and if you are human you've made one or two yourself. But the question is, do we stand by and wag our collective fingers at families priced out of housing and forced to sleep in their cars...
No, we shouldn’t, because everyone should be able to afford to live in Atherton or Beverly Hills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles