U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-21-2018, 11:36 AM
 
872 posts, read 333,975 times
Reputation: 745

Advertisements

Right again jm
Mostly they get here by hook or by crook- its the land of pro crime and freebies... and they have no other plans for the rest of their lives; they will find a way and don't care about first class travel of course.... Sooo many are excons and people with a life long track record of functional inertia and aberrant behavior- like crime. . I'll bet lots of them get their passage to the left wing enclaves like California fully paid for in exchange for a promise to never come back! I also suspect quite a bit of recruiting and importing going on because the tax money being collected just expands with the amount of awful civic conditions the left can create.. Once the out of towners get here, the native excons and other vagrants fill them in on what's what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-21-2018, 12:02 PM
 
Location: So Ca
17,129 posts, read 16,086,216 times
Reputation: 14950
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Fact ; many do come here because of the liberal policies
But you provide zero data for this "fact," which looks to be simply your opinion. And you must not read any of the links to data--posted multiple times on this and the Orange County Homeless thread--that indicate you are mistaken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I didn’t say for sure most are from out of the area . In the valley many appear to be from out of the country too.
"Out of the area" would definitely include out of the country, would it not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2018, 12:04 PM
 
Location: So Ca
17,129 posts, read 16,086,216 times
Reputation: 14950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
Get ready Los Angeles.....3,000 more on the way.
Keep electing democrats
As a resident of New Hampshire, you must be a real expert on this problem in Los Angeles, no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2018, 12:12 PM
 
872 posts, read 333,975 times
Reputation: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
As a resident of New Hampshire, you must be a real expert on this problem in Los Angeles, no?
Maybe they found out how bad the problem is by reading about it---like YOU !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2018, 12:23 PM
 
Location: On the water.
14,562 posts, read 8,434,123 times
Reputation: 11958
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
Maybe they found out how bad the problem is by reading about it---like YOU !
Yo TC. CA4Now has identified as an LA County resident. How about you? You post in homeless threads in various sub-forums including:
San Diego
Orange County
LA
San Francisco

So, hoss, where do YOU live? And where do you get your information about the other places you claim to have such insights about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2018, 01:12 PM
 
Location: So Ca
17,129 posts, read 16,086,216 times
Reputation: 14950
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
Maybe they found out how bad the problem is by reading about it---like YOU !
Right, T-Crock. Been out on the streets of every one of the homeless forums on which you post?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2018, 01:25 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles (Native)
25,306 posts, read 16,278,017 times
Reputation: 12185
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
But you provide zero data for this "fact," which looks to be simply your opinion. And you must not read any of the links to data--posted multiple times on this and the Orange County Homeless thread--that indicate you are mistaken.



"Out of the area" would definitely include out of the country, would it not?
Even if the data in the politifact article is true , it still means 25% are from out of the area .. Which is about 12,500 homeless ( based on estimated 50,000 total in L.A) Not a small number ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2018, 01:27 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles (Native)
25,306 posts, read 16,278,017 times
Reputation: 12185
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Absolute nonsense. Most homeless who come here from other places did so because of a job offer, or an invitation to stay with friends for family and when those opportunities fell through they became homeless. What do you think, that a guy who is homeless in Dallas does a web search for "liberal places for the homeless" on his laptop and then buys a plane ticket to LA? Why don't you stop and think about how stupid that is? The poor are the least mobile of all people, 30 years ago they could hitchhike but since that's gone by the wayside what do you think they do, walk here from across the US?
You don’t think word gets around ? Believe me these homeless and criminals know how weak our rules and laws are here in CA ... it’s not a secret .

Thinking people don’t come to L.A or CA because of the policies is naive .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2018, 01:32 PM
 
Location: So Ca
17,129 posts, read 16,086,216 times
Reputation: 14950
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Even if the data in the politifact article is true , it still means 25% are from out of the area .. Which is about 12,500 homeless ( based on estimated 50,000 total in L.A) Not a small number ..
So please provide us with credible links backing up your belief that homeless people in L.A. are mainly from somewhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2018, 01:47 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles (Native)
25,306 posts, read 16,278,017 times
Reputation: 12185
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
So please provide us with credible links backing up your belief that homeless people in L.A. are mainly from somewhere else.
Umm .. I didn’t say they are mainly from somewhere else, did I ? ..

. I stated that even if your source was accurate don’t you agree 12,500 homeless from elsewhere is a large amount ?..

Also curious about why you are so interested in this issue if you live in a suburb of la . The la suburbs don’t typically have a homeless issue at least nowhere near as bad as the city .

Also good question is why don’t you see a single tent setup in places like Simi Valley , Thousand Oaks etc .. hmmmm wonder why ..,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top