U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-22-2018, 07:56 AM
 
Location: So Ca
17,069 posts, read 16,025,387 times
Reputation: 14914

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
those studies are probably conducted in church parking lots, etc.
Look up the studies. Church parking lots? Might as well label anything that one doesn't want to read or hear as "fake news."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Come on out to L.A. and see all the crazies we have wandering the streets who were not here just a few years ago.
They were always here. There are just more of them now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-22-2018, 08:18 AM
 
Location: On the water.
14,471 posts, read 8,383,727 times
Reputation: 11855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I never stated that all homeless people are evil or that they should be thrown out of helicopters.

Who is gaslighting whom?
Lol ... here we go AGAIN!
Post 3592 of this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
That bum who permanently scarred that college kid's face should get a helicopter ride from Pinochet...
Post #3618 of this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Is this bum too simply defending himself? Sure doesn't look like it to me. Filthy animals like that should be removed from the civilised world, whether they're in prison for life or otherwise ...
Post # 3544 of this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
It seems to be getting worse out there, folks. Stay safe.
... That homeless cretin should be put down just like we put down any other sick animal that's a threat to society.
Now then, find for us any posts, among the hundreds you have posted regarding homelessness, in which you have commented anything but deprecation, disdain, disgust, ridicule, and various suggestions for ridding society of the scourge.

There must be a few. It would be a refreshing PR move for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2018, 08:20 AM
 
Location: On the water.
14,471 posts, read 8,383,727 times
Reputation: 11855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I suspect based on my actually living here and using my good sense.
So, still nothing to back up your “good sense”? Why am I not surprised ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2018, 08:23 AM
 
Location: On the water.
14,471 posts, read 8,383,727 times
Reputation: 11855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
It just got reopened, because those studies are probably conducted in church parking lots, etc. Come on out to L.A. and see all the crazies we have wandering the streets who were not here just a few years ago.
Probably conducted in church parking lots” doesn’t cut it Exitus. Where’s your credible, published research evidence of that? ... btw, you can read the studies’ methodologies to determine where and how the surveys were conducted ... if you cared to apply your intellect to fact-finding.

As for the increase in crazies ... well, in your favor on that claim, there was a very substantial jump in homeless count a couple years back. However, this past year it dropped again. And, in fact, in LA. and nationally the “crazies” percentage of the homeless population has been reduced on the streets by about 14% as Housing First programs slowly proliferate. The number of crazies isn’t diminishing in society, but is on a slow track to have less street presence.

And yes, as always, I can and have backed up everything I post. You just refuse to educate yourself through my - and others’ - links.

Have a good one hoss!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2018, 08:37 AM
 
Location: On the water.
14,471 posts, read 8,383,727 times
Reputation: 11855
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yeah that’s one of the reasons I mention out of towners commenting on the homeless issue .
Locals know the problem has gotten much worse even over the past few years .
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
CDs version of fake news i guess . When you can’t debate the issues , just resort to totally making stuff up .
So, I repeat, for the 1,756,000th time: what are the differences between LA’s homeless and homeless other places? What would require an observer to be on site? Especially what would be different between me living in shoulder-rubbing proximity of San Diego’s homeless just down the road a couple hours, and LA’s? ... Or me having previously lived in shoulder to shoulder proximity to San Francisco’s infamous homeless?

Talk about “totally making stuff up”? That would apply to posters who post specious crime reports accompanied by unsubstantiated opinion on the broad extensions of applicability to all homeless ... and who can’t back up their rebuttals, wouldn’t it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2018, 06:16 PM
 
Location: Orange County... Arizona bound
3,494 posts, read 1,929,546 times
Reputation: 4859
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Absolute nonsense. Most homeless who come here from other places did so because of a job offer, or an invitation to stay with friends for family and when those opportunities fell through they became homeless. What do you think, that a guy who is homeless in Dallas does a web search for "liberal places for the homeless" on his laptop and then buys a plane ticket to LA? Why don't you stop and think about how stupid that is? The poor are the least mobile of all people, 30 years ago they could hitchhike but since that's gone by the wayside what do you think they do, walk here from across the US?
You think the only way to travel is hitchhiking or plane and your calling him stupid? They don't have laptops but they have cell phones and a whole society you and me know nothing about.

Next time your in LA go to the bus station and union station downtown and see the people that arrive everyday and look around at the tent cites while your at it. BTW Richard Ramirez the homeless nightstalker arrived from EL Paso on a bus downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2018, 06:28 PM
 
Location: So Ca
17,069 posts, read 16,025,387 times
Reputation: 14914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
BTW Richard Ramirez the homeless nightstalker arrived from EL Paso on a bus downtown.
Richard Ramirez was not homeless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2018, 06:57 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles (Native)
25,306 posts, read 16,234,022 times
Reputation: 12185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
You think the only way to travel is hitchhiking or plane and your calling him stupid? They don't have laptops but they have cell phones and a whole society you and me know nothing about.

Next time your in LA go to the bus station and union station downtown and see the people that arrive everyday and look around at the tent cites while your at it. BTW Richard Ramirez the homeless nightstalker arrived from EL Paso on a bus downtown.
Thanks , I’m glad I’m not the only one that realized how ridiculous that post was .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2018, 07:04 PM
 
Location: Orange County... Arizona bound
3,494 posts, read 1,929,546 times
Reputation: 4859
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Richard Ramirez was not homeless.
Yes he was I read a book on him. When he was here he didn't work he stole for money to feed his habit. He sometimes lived in rundown flophouses like the Cecil or he slept in his beater cars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2018, 07:22 PM
 
Location: West Los Angeles
10,690 posts, read 10,427,607 times
Reputation: 10713
Look, you people, there are bums who are coming here from out of state to stay in our taxpayer funded sobriety centers. After 6 months of free room, board, etc., they're thrown out on the streets. Ergo, they can claim that they are homeless because they "lost their housing".

So then, you people who don't live here and are quoting these B.S. studies are attempting to mislead people when you claim that most homeless people living on the streets are there because they lost their home due to their personal financial difficulties or other misfortunes, when the home they lost was being paid for by taxpayers and was actually a room in a sobriety center. Furthermore, common sense should tell you that simply surveying street people will often yield incorrect information, since these people are mentally sick and have no reservations about lying (how many of them actually state, "Oh, why yes, I'm sleeping on the streets because I'm a weirdo and I can't conform to an organized lifestyle that requires a certain threshold of self-discipline. I just do whatever I want whenever I want because I'm a slovenly weirdo with anti-social proclivities.") 90% of people living on the streets want to live on the streets, and we know this to be an immutable fact since 90% refuse help from the LAPD's transient unit or the LA County Sheriff Dept.

Case closed. We're done arguing about this. You out-of-towners go troll elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top