U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-22-2018, 07:44 PM
 
Location: Orange County... Arizona bound
3,502 posts, read 1,934,274 times
Reputation: 4880

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Look, you people, there are bums who are coming here from out of state to stay in our taxpayer funded sobriety centers. After 6 months of free room, board, etc., they're thrown out on the streets. Ergo, they can claim that they are homeless because they "lost their housing".

So then, you people who don't live here and are quoting these B.S. studies are attempting to mislead people when you claim that most homeless people living on the streets are there because they lost their home due to their personal financial difficulties or other misfortunes, when the home they lost was being paid for by taxpayers and was actually a room in a sobriety center. Furthermore, common sense should tell you that simply surveying street people will often yield incorrect information, since these people are mentally sick and have no reservations about lying (how many of them actually state, "Oh, why yes, I'm sleeping on the streets because I'm a weirdo and I can't conform to an organized lifestyle that requires a certain threshold of self-discipline. I just do whatever I want whenever I want because I'm a slovenly weirdo with anti-social proclivities.") 90% of people living on the streets want to live on the streets, and we know this to be an immutable fact since 90% refuse help from the LAPD's transient unit or the LA County Sheriff Dept.

Case closed. We're done arguing about this. You out-of-towners go troll elsewhere.
Exactly!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-22-2018, 08:58 PM
 
Location: So Ca
17,097 posts, read 16,045,024 times
Reputation: 14940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Look, you people, there are bums who are coming here from out of state to stay in our taxpayer funded sobriety centers. After 6 months of free room, board, etc., they're thrown out on the streets. Ergo, they can claim that they are homeless because they "lost their housing".
Where is your data to support this? And if you don't have any, then just state this as your opinion, because it certainly isn't a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
So then, you people who don't live here and are quoting these B.S. studies are attempting to mislead people...
You call "B.S. studies" those from the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority https://www.lahsa.org/), the Department of Housing and Urban Development (https://www.hud.gov/) and the U.S. Department of Education, which counts homeless public school students?

Then where are your studies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
90% of people living on the streets want to live on the streets, and we know this to be an immutable fact since 90% refuse help from the LAPD's transient unit or the LA County Sheriff Dept.
I just Googled LAPD Transient Unit. I couldn't find anything about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Case closed. We're done arguing about this. You out-of-towners go troll elsewhere.
Wow, Exitus. You're telling people where they're allowed to post on this forum because you don't like their answers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2018, 09:00 PM
 
3 posts, read 892 times
Reputation: 10
interesante post si te gustas y toda la comunidad invito a visitar mi blog de [url = https: //www.amarresyhechizosdeamor.net/] Amarres de amor [/ url] en el cual se puede aprender amarres de amor y hechizos de magia blanca para atraer a su pareja a su vida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2018, 09:01 PM
 
3 posts, read 892 times
Reputation: 10
interesante publicación si te gustas y toda la comunidad. invito a visitar mi blog de <p> <a title="Amarres de Amor" href="https://www.amarresyhechizosdeamor.net/"> Amarres de Amor </a> </p> en el cual pueden aprender amarres de amor y hechizos de magia blanca para atraer a su pareja a su vida el invito a revisar les encantara
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2018, 09:04 PM
 
1,431 posts, read 501,552 times
Reputation: 2487
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosSalcedo View Post
interesante publicación si te gustas y toda la comunidad. invito a visitar mi blog de <p> <a title="Amarres de Amor" href="https://www.amarresyhechizosdeamor.net/"> Amarres de Amor </a> </p> en el cual pueden aprender amarres de amor y hechizos de magia blanca para atraer a su pareja a su vida el invito a revisar les encantara

They're baaack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2018, 09:06 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles (Native)
25,306 posts, read 16,245,516 times
Reputation: 12185
Get your flea collars !

It would be funny if it weren’t so sad the way this place is being run into the ground .

——
The typhus outbreak in Los Angeles County is traced to disease-ridden fleas in areas with concentrated homeless populations, and the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors actually approved a plan Tuesday for mobile health teams to distribute flea collars in the Skid Row area. Dogs often have flea collars, too.


https://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/...s-13322571.php
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2018, 09:39 PM
 
Location: On the water.
14,494 posts, read 8,396,640 times
Reputation: 11875
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Get your flea collars !

It would be funny if it weren’t so sad the way this place is being run into the ground .

——
The typhus outbreak in Los Angeles County is traced to disease-ridden fleas in areas with concentrated homeless populations, and the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors actually approved a plan Tuesday for mobile health teams to distribute flea collars in the Skid Row area. Dogs often have flea collars, too.


https://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/...s-13322571.php
Actually, jm, there are many more cases of Typhus this year in areas without concentrations of homeless ... including more than double the case number up in wealthy Pasadena ... where the health department officials have stressed the outbreak has nothing to do with homelessness.

It is also of note that, since Murine Typhus occurs dozens of times every year in LA County, if it were associated with homelessness then it would have been happening every year on Skid Row now wouldn’t it? And it hasn’t previously.

But then, if you actually read credible information sources with an inquiring mind you’d know this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2018, 09:43 PM
 
Location: On the water.
14,494 posts, read 8,396,640 times
Reputation: 11875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Look, you people, there are bums who are coming here from out of state to stay in our taxpayer funded sobriety centers. After 6 months of free room, board, etc., they're thrown out on the streets. Ergo, they can claim that they are homeless because they "lost their housing".

So then, you people who don't live here and are quoting these B.S. studies are attempting to mislead people when you claim that most homeless people living on the streets are there because they lost their home due to their personal financial difficulties or other misfortunes, when the home they lost was being paid for by taxpayers and was actually a room in a sobriety center. Furthermore, common sense should tell you that simply surveying street people will often yield incorrect information, since these people are mentally sick and have no reservations about lying (how many of them actually state, "Oh, why yes, I'm sleeping on the streets because I'm a weirdo and I can't conform to an organized lifestyle that requires a certain threshold of self-discipline. I just do whatever I want whenever I want because I'm a slovenly weirdo with anti-social proclivities.") 90% of people living on the streets want to live on the streets, and we know this to be an immutable fact since 90% refuse help from the LAPD's transient unit or the LA County Sheriff Dept.

Case closed. We're done arguing about this. You out-of-towners go troll elsewhere.
Somebody needs a hug ... Can’t find a single source to make your case, eh bro? Heartbreaking. Sorry to see it is unraveling you. Truth is supposed to set a man free, don’t cha know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2018, 09:45 PM
 
Location: On the water.
14,494 posts, read 8,396,640 times
Reputation: 11875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
... You out-of-towners go troll elsewhere.
No. Y’all need the truth to set you free. Freedom is a blessedly wondrous state of being. I’m here to help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2018, 09:47 PM
 
Location: On the water.
14,494 posts, read 8,396,640 times
Reputation: 11875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Exactly!!!!!
Yes: exactly wrong. Not a shred of credible evidence to support the gnashing of teeth and tearing at the breast. Damn sorrowful to watch ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top