U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-30-2018, 05:20 PM
 
Location: So Ca
17,086 posts, read 16,045,024 times
Reputation: 14935

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
The desire to create a right to housing is exactly what homeless rights agitators want. It’s an open secret. I won’t bother looking it up for you.
Oh, but do. Because I don't believe that anyone who wants the homeless off the streets is claiming that behind that, there is a desire to create a RIGHT to housing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-30-2018, 05:46 PM
 
Location: Laguna Niguel, Orange County CA
9,809 posts, read 8,164,229 times
Reputation: 7917
Sorry I work and have a high-pressure job (and am thus a high income earner). Why don't you prove me wrong? You can't because the entities agitating for a right to housing make it quite clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2018, 06:13 PM
 
Location: So Ca
17,086 posts, read 16,045,024 times
Reputation: 14935
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Sorry I work and have a high-pressure job (and am thus a high income earner). Why don't you prove me wrong? You can't because the entities agitating for a right to housing make it quite clear.
You mean you just can't find any evidence to support your belief. (And, "Sorry I work?" Who doesn't?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2018, 06:19 PM
 
Location: So Ca
17,086 posts, read 16,045,024 times
Reputation: 14935
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyw90 View Post
What the hell does Obama have to do with homelessness in California?!
Exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2018, 07:00 PM
 
Location: Laguna Niguel, Orange County CA
9,809 posts, read 8,164,229 times
Reputation: 7917
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
You mean you just can't find any evidence to support your belief. (And, "Sorry I work?" Who doesn't?)
All of the homeless agitators uniformly support the legislative efforts to force the building of affordable housing for homeless such as AB2162 and before that (last year), SB35. These efforts basically create a right to housing.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/...d-12777704.php

The radical communists in Sacramento are mad that Los Angeles and San Francisco won't comply with the requests for the housing and thus they must force areas to build homeless housing. Every area, even in SF, residents DO NOT WANT HOMELESS BUMS forced into their communities. Liberals won't vote for housing the homeless unless they are placed where poorer people live.
For example, the rules in Los Angeles require City Council members to write acknowledgment letters before homeless housing development projects can receive bond funds. If council members don’t send the letters, the project can be stopped.

In February, the Los Angeles housing department had to turn down funding for two proposed projects because they were lacking these letters. In a city where the homeless population has surged 75 percent over the past six years, such myopic political behavior is unconscionable.

The Bay Area will be affected by AB2162, too.

This month, residents of Forest Hill, an affluent neighborhood in San Francisco, succeeded in killing an affordable-housing project for low-income seniors that would have included supportive housing units for homeless people.

Their entrenched opposition to welcoming vulnerable San Franciscans to their neighborhood is the kind of self-serving and socially destructive behavior that AB2162 will finally address.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2018, 07:35 PM
 
Location: Living rent free in your head
33,183 posts, read 15,079,768 times
Reputation: 23913
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
All of the homeless agitators uniformly support the legislative efforts to force the building of affordable housing for homeless such as AB2162 and before that (last year), SB35. These efforts basically create a right to housing.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/...d-12777704.php

The radical communists in Sacramento are mad that Los Angeles and San Francisco won't comply with the requests for the housing and thus they must force areas to build homeless housing. Every area, even in SF, residents DO NOT WANT HOMELESS BUMS forced into their communities. Liberals won't vote for housing the homeless unless they are placed where poorer people live.
For example, the rules in Los Angeles require City Council members to write acknowledgment letters before homeless housing development projects can receive bond funds. If council members don’t send the letters, the project can be stopped.

In February, the Los Angeles housing department had to turn down funding for two proposed projects because they were lacking these letters. In a city where the homeless population has surged 75 percent over the past six years, such myopic political behavior is unconscionable.

The Bay Area will be affected by AB2162, too.

This month, residents of Forest Hill, an affluent neighborhood in San Francisco, succeeded in killing an affordable-housing project for low-income seniors that would have included supportive housing units for homeless people.

Their entrenched opposition to welcoming vulnerable San Franciscans to their neighborhood is the kind of self-serving and socially destructive behavior that AB2162 will finally address.
The appellate court established that you can't clear out encampments unless you can provide shelter in the area. It's great that no one wants the homeless near them but the result of allowing local neighborhoods to ban shelters is that the Police won't be able to clear people off the sidewalks. Call people radical communists all day long but unless we do something homelessness will only get worse. Do you have any rational constitutional solution?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2018, 07:36 PM
 
Location: So Ca
17,086 posts, read 16,045,024 times
Reputation: 14935
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
All of the homeless agitators uniformly support...
An opinion piece? "Homeless agitators"? Come on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2018, 07:36 PM
 
Location: Laguna Niguel, Orange County CA
9,809 posts, read 8,164,229 times
Reputation: 7917
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The appellate court established that you can't clear out encampments unless you can provide shelter in the area. It's great that no one wants the homeless near them but the result of allowing local neighborhoods to ban shelters is that the Police won't be able to clear people off the sidewalks. Call people radical communists all day long but unless we do something homelessness will only get worse. Do you have any rational constitutional solution?

Don't worry Sleepy, it's game over for communists now, at least for 15 to 20 years. That decision is one SCOTUS decision away from being crushed. Now if the right is based on our State constitution, communism will proceed unabated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2018, 07:40 PM
 
Location: Laguna Niguel, Orange County CA
9,809 posts, read 8,164,229 times
Reputation: 7917
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
An opinion piece? "Homeless agitators"? Come on.
Here is but ONE example. Are you too lazy to look?


Western Regional Advocacy Project

HISTORY
The California Statewide Homeless Bill of Rights Campaign is one part of 3 statewide campaigns in California, Colorado and Oregon. The Homeless Bill of Rights is a grassroots organizing campaign fighting to end the criminalization of poor and homeless people’s existence. The campaign strives to ensure that all people have the basic right to live where they choose without fear of harassment and criminalization at the hands of the police. This campaign is a way of working collectively with groups possessing different talents to address the many injustices that we face in our communities. We are building the power to create a social justice movement that will create a society where we can all thrive.

WRAP’s housing campaign attempts to reverse this trend by unifying communities under the simple premise that every person deserves a safe place to call home.

https://wraphome.org/what/homeless-b...t-to-rest-act/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2018, 08:05 PM
 
Location: So Ca
17,086 posts, read 16,045,024 times
Reputation: 14935
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Are you too lazy to look?
Yes, that must be it. Oh, wait; I like your other reason better: I work in a high pressure job...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
WRAP’s housing campaign attempts to reverse this trend by unifying communities under the simple premise that every person deserves a safe place to call home.
Read your own link. They state that the federal government played a major role in creating homelessness by cutting tens of billions of dollars from affordable housing programs beginning in the early 1980s, and that has contributed to the problem of increasing homelessness.

A far cry from your assumption that "the desire to create a right to housing is exactly what homeless rights agitators want."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top