Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2019, 08:58 PM

872 posts, read 595,907 times

Advertisements

its no surprise that they are intentionally adversely affecting the most vulnerable segments of our community-
The chances of being a vagrant is significantly affected by educational level- no doubt lausd is obligated to play its part - charter schools are a stick in the wheel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 09:04 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Bub? Did you just assume my gender?
Bub has a Bugs Bunny about it. Just sayin'

https://vlipsy.com/vlip/looney-tunes...b-bub-7xa7B4zL

Old 02-01-2019, 09:05 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Logical fallacies are pejoratives... only in the mind of the truly uneducated.
I’m going to add one more thing to this ad hominem - heh

One place of employment for me years ago was in a college print shop. As an employee I was allowed to audit courses for free. I took Logic, in the philosophy department. My professor enjoyed me and my ability to debate so much he struck up a personal friendship that lasted through my employment.

That said, you have never once prevailed in any exchange of logic with me ... want examples?

... how about back when you delivered what you framed as an AHA! Gothcha moment regarding bussing homeless out of cities? You will recall that you presented your argument that: the homeless include a large number of persons who come to the California cities to enjoy the weather and benefits provided. Your intent was to rebutt the copious research you have been provided demonstrating that the homeless are almost entirely found where they have lived and worked and been housed previously for years.

You cited a “family reunification program” that bussed several thousand homeless to other cities where they had family or friends to take them in. Your “logic” was that bussing them away proved they had come to California to be homeless.

THAT is hilarious. There is no logic there. None. Those bussed included individuals who had lived and worked for as much as 20 years and more, according to research. Furthermore, native Californians who fell to homelessness were also eligible to connect with family / friends elsewhere they might get a fresh start.

It is but one example among many of your own inability to ‘debate’ logically.

To say nothing further about your copious non sequiturial postings (a doozey just last week in the SF homeless thread), and your ad hominem snipings.

Old 02-01-2019, 09:07 PM

It appears that someone is triggered.
RE: You cited a “family reunification program” that bussed several thousand homeless to other cities where they had family or friends to take them in. Your “logic” was that bussing them away proved they had come to California to be homeless.
No, my logic was on point: That they had migrated to California and become homeless. The article made it clear that they determined their places of origin and were bused back. Countless homeless who were bused then returned to California thus demonstrating that they wanted to be homeless in California despite having come from elsewhere. This also demonstrated a clear, often repeated, migration pattern.

Hilarious huh?

Old 02-01-2019, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Someone is having a hell of a lot of fun. Yes.

This is a window into why my logic professor enjoyed having me in his class. I thrive on eviscerating bullshirt.

Old 02-01-2019, 09:17 PM

Quote:
RE: You cited a “family reunification program” that bussed several thousand homeless to other cities where they had family or friends to take them in. Your “logic” was that bussing them away proved they had come to California to be homeless.
No, my logic was on point: That they had migrated toCalifornia and became homeless. The article made it clear that they determined their places of origin and were bused back. Countless homeless who were bused then returned to California thus demonstrating that they wanted to be homeless in California despite having come from elsewhere. This also demonstrated a clear, often repeated, migration pattern.

Hilarious huh?
Nope. Not a shred of logic to your argument.

Put in the simplest terms:
Bussing out has no relation to previous arrival.

I challenge you to repost the article and I will gleefully disect several things you have just stated about their places of origin being determined (they weren’t necessarily “returning” to places of origin), and your claim that “countless” came back (only a handful or less were cited as returning).

That individuals came to the state from elsewhere and later became homeless does NOT constitute them coming TO BE homeless here as their intent.

Post it. Let’s go. Fun!

Old 02-01-2019, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Nope. Not a shred of logic to your argument.

Put in the simplest terms:
Bussing out has no relation to previous arrival.

I challenge you to repost the article and I will gleefully disect several things you have just stated about their places of origin being determined (they weren’t necessarily “returning” to places of origin), and your claim that “countless” came back (only a handful or less were cited as returning).

That individuals came to the state from elsewhere and later became homeless does NOT constitute them coming TO BE homeless here as their intent.

Post it. Let’s go. Fun!
Then gleefully find it. You have time. I work, a lot. Have at it.

Old 02-01-2019, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Then gleefully find it. You have time. I work, a lot. Have at it.
No. YOU find it if you think you want / can defend your position. I cited the example. You want to rebutt, bring back your “research”. Lay it out.

You work. A lot. Yet have time to post nearly the same number of times as I have.

Old 02-01-2019, 09:30 PM

You bring up a subject and claim to refute an old topic/discussion and then ask me to dredge it up for you. Troll like. It is your burden, not mine.

Old 02-01-2019, 09:56 PM

Quote:
You bring up a subject and claim to refute an old topic/discussion and then ask me to dredge it up for you. Troll like. It is your burden, not mine.

No burden bub. I didn’t ask you to dredge it up for me. I cited a clear example. You protested. I said IF you want to rehash, bring it back.

You’ve been crying foul while launching insults left and right at various posters and demographic classes yourself. I have enjoyed revealing your hypocrisies. You want to argue more, bring it on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles