Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2019, 08:09 PM

21,735 posts, read 16,346,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
We know far, far, FAR more about the homeless issues than do you, since you live nowhere near L.A. and the homeless people in Morro Bay are nothing like the psychotic terrorists we have living down here.
1. I live in several places. Home base is in the San Diego neighborhood with the 2nd highest homeless problem ...

2. Tell us how the “psychotic terrorist” homeless of LA are any different than homeless in San Diego or San Francisco ... or Seattle, Portland, Honolulu ... etc etc etc. still can’t answer? Perhaps the typhus infested feral cat has your tongue?

3. You have never been able to demonstrate the slightest grasp of homeless issues ... just anecdotal opinionations.

But carry on with the nonsense ... I appreciate the venue to educate readers by dismembering your posts again and again. I am tireless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2019, 08:13 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
great post! that's when Ca was run by real men and woman not bleeding heart sjw's. Sadly I don't think we'll ever see those days again here.
Speaking of bleeding heart mentalities and ineffectual police and city governments.

Bike, homeless groups oppose bill cracking down on SF’s bicycle ‘chop shops

I think this quote at the bottom of the article is spot on.
Quote:
I have lived here so long (35 years) that all the old school homeless know me by name. And I know everyone you could imagine in this town. Every politician, neighborhood activist of note, journalist and just people. Tons and tons of them. Every single person I know believes the chop shops, crime tents and street heroin trade are a tsunami overrunning an already ineffectual police department and city government. Jeff Sheehy is not my 1st choice to run D8, but hats off to him for trying something. And a finger in the air to the $200 million dollar ponzi scheme we all call "Homeless, Inc."
The homeless who support themselves and their drug dependencies through bike chop shops know that they are supported by the bleeding hearts and that the police are just as ineffectual as many CA city governments with respect to holding them accountable for their behaviors.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:50 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,181,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Speaking of bleeding heart mentalities and ineffectual police and city governments.

The homeless who support themselves and their drug dependencies through bike chop shops know that they are supported by the bleeding hearts and that the police are just as ineffectual as many CA city governments with respect to holding them accountable for their behaviors.
What is it with bikes and tweekers?? They're absolutely obsessed with them!! Those chop shops are all over the river trails in Orange County too. Everyone has to watch their bikes like they're made of gold. I've personally had 2 bikes stolen. How do they bust those cryptonite locks???

Old 02-19-2019, 08:55 PM

872 posts, read 595,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post

Yep - that nails it-
The life long criminals get their freedom and a punishment and deterrent free crime entitlement- they really and obviously have no other plans and the vagrant wranglers get thier billions as the whole country suffers-
The vagrant wranglers sadly do have plans: to escalate and cash in.
Funny how they want them high so they can’t think for themselves and outside so their suffering is on parade for additional fiscal abuse.

Old 02-20-2019, 05:00 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Show us your data on the “coupling”. Jack.

Further, show us where rat populations are required for Murine Typhus outbreaks ... not that they are “one possible source” ... show us that they are a required presence. Jack.
Bum filth leads to rats. Rats lead to fleas. Fleas with typhus lead to typhus outbreaks.

Sure, you can blame anything else -- you can say the typhus just appeared in DTLA out of an inter-dimensional wormhole, but what's the probability of that actually being the case? Probabilistically, bum filth is what fostered the typhus outbreak.

Old 02-20-2019, 05:04 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
1. I live in several places. Home base is in the San Diego neighborhood with the 2nd highest homeless problem ...

2. Tell us how the “psychotic terrorist” homeless of LA are any different than homeless in San Diego or San Francisco ... or Seattle, Portland, Honolulu ... etc etc etc. still can’t answer? Perhaps the typhus infested feral cat has your tongue?

3. You have never been able to demonstrate the slightest grasp of homeless issues ... just anecdotal opinionations.

But carry on with the nonsense ... I appreciate the venue to educate readers by dismembering your posts again and again. I am tireless.
I've never lived in SD or SF, so how would I be able to tell you how the homeless in those cities differ from the ones in LA? Rather silly question, isn't it?

And as far as homeless issues, I live in LA so I practically have a master's degree in homeless issues, as most of us do who actually live here.

Old 02-20-2019, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Bum filth leads to rats. Rats lead to fleas. Fleas with typhus lead to typhus outbreaks.

Sure, you can blame anything else -- you can say the typhus just appeared in DTLA out of an inter-dimensional wormhole, but what's the probability of that actually being the case? Probabilistically, bum filth is what fostered the typhus outbreak.
You disappoint again. You said you had data on the “coupling” of this Murine Typhus outbreak and rats and their fleas, as “coupled” with DTLA homelessness, right? So where is your data, Jack?

Rats have existed in LA since before there was an LA ... since before there were bums in LA ... they existed in 2017 (and 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012 etc) when there were LOTS of bums in LA and yet: no Murine Typhus outbreaks those years despite the rats and fleas.

Old 02-20-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
I've never lived in SD or SF, so how would I be able to tell you how the homeless in those cities differ from the ones in LA? Rather silly question, isn't it?

And as far as homeless issues, I live in LA so I practically have a master's degree in homeless issues, as most of us do who actually live here.
Ah, so you don’t know in what ways LA’s homeless are different than those of San Diego and San Francisco. Thought not. Why didn’t you didn’t you just say so all along?

Well, sir, lucky you! Because there are many people who DO know the answer to the question, which is: there aren’t any differences.

You’re welcome!

Master’s degrees require theses replete with verifiable, credible, research documentation. Let’s see yours.

Meanwhile, since you are so deeply Angelino, have you made your contribution to the KUSC FM fund drive this year to keep classical music on the air? Fund drive on right now. Join me and thousands of others showing our support for this wonderful service to our community. $10 a month commitment gets you a great gift of a boxed set of Beethoven’s greatest hits!

Here’s the membership web address:
https://www.kusc.org/category/giving/membership/

Old 02-20-2019, 05:59 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,140,888 times
SANITY FROM THE CITY OF DANA POINT!

Dana Point asks charities to stop feeding the bums.

https://www.latimes.com/socal/daily-...221-story.html

Dana Point convened a task force in August of last year. They determined that charities are a draw for bums -- shocker! They counted over 100 bums but they disappear only to reappear when there is food doled out by these church groups. The bums do not appear to be "residents" of Dana Point and only come in for the free church food.

https://www.ocregister.com/2017/08/1...omeless-issue/

Old 02-20-2019, 06:08 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,181,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
SANITY FROM THE CITY OF DANA POINT!

Dana Point asks charities to stop feeding the bums.

https://www.latimes.com/socal/daily-...221-story.html

Dana Point convened a task force in August of last year. They determined that charities are a draw for bums -- shocker! They counted over 100 bums but they disappear only to reappear when there is food doled out by these church groups. The bums do not appear to be "residents" of Dana Point and only come in for the free church food.

https://www.ocregister.com/2017/08/1...omeless-issue/
Malibu church did the same thing. Same result
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles