Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2019, 09:37 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Hey, Tulemutt, how's the boating going? You never did respond to my post about the homeless on the high seas -- you're not piratephobic, are you?
Piratephobic lol , I hope that was included as one of the types of hate in the recent Democratic Anti Hate Resolution .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2019, 09:38 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,649,867 times
I was walking along Wilshire on the southern border of Brentwood today, and I saw a homeless person in his late 50's and around 6'2" intentionally walk into a gentleman in his early 70's and of considerably smaller stature than the homeless man. After the encounter, the homeless guy held his hand up to his mouth in a mocking "oops" manner and then laughed about the whole thing. And sadly, I was reminded of why I rarely walk on Wilshire anymore. I found the incident to be upsetting, and I felt bad for the guy who got purposely shoved by the homeless cretin, but what could I do about it without breaking any laws?

Old 03-09-2019, 08:03 AM

26,712 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
... it astounds me that some of the posters here don't seem to get this. The crazy people living on the streets put themselves in that position by behaving in a rotten, selfish, inconsiderate, and often downright hateful manner towards others around them. If they'd straighten out their thinking and make amends with their families, then they could get off the streets, but they instead choose to wallow in their own bile and...
We will continue to have an escalating homeless problem when people have this type of attitude. You've gotten nothing from this thread other than believing that all homeless people intentionally put themselves there?

Just unbelievable.

Old 03-09-2019, 09:22 AM

8,326 posts, read 6,419,063 times
They intentionally put themselves there by being too lazy to work, by not wanting any responsibility at all, and by no desire to quit drugs and alcohol.

Old 03-09-2019, 11:05 AM

1,336 posts, read 926,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
We will continue to have an escalating homeless problem when people have this type of attitude. You've gotten nothing from this thread other than believing that all homeless people intentionally put themselves there?

Just unbelievable.
As opposed to how the homeless problem is escalating when the DNC is 100% in charge and therefore responsible for any policies that fail to cure the problem, and for all the policies that exacerbate the problem.

You can dislike his attitude CA4NOW, but you are 100% in charge of the rise of the problem, and own the failure to address or mitigate it.

But why don't you raise taxes on the increasing majority of Democrats in CA... that sounds good to me !
Add 5% more the state income tax... I think that should do it.

Old 03-09-2019, 11:22 AM

21,724 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
As opposed to how the homeless problem is escalating when the DNC is 100% in charge and therefore responsible for any policies that fail to cure the problem, and for all the policies that exacerbate the problem.

You can dislike his attitude CA4NOW, but you are 100% in charge of the rise of the problem, and own the failure to address or mitigate it.

But why don't you raise taxes on the increasing majority of Democrats in CA... that sounds good to me !
As stated to you elsewhere previously: you do not have a handle on homelessness issues. At all.

The homelessness problem is not escalating nationally ... it is down in recent years. It is only escalating in cities with rapid and extreme economic success which pushes housing costs out of reach of people on the margins.

The DNC has nothing to do with it. Neither does the GOP. Except that neither party is acting to make housing the homeless a priority.

I’m sure you are expert in some field(s). Homelessness isn’t one of them. Stick with what you know. Ask questions about what you don’t.

And for damn sure, give the ideological blinders a break!

Old 03-09-2019, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post

Well, there's a convoluted reply if I've ever read one. Makes about as much sense as someone stating that you're the reason that it's so hot in Phoenix.

Old 03-10-2019, 12:53 AM

83 posts, read 156,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post

Just unbelievable.
You are part of the problem. Just another homelessness enabler. There is plenty of tax money being paid to take care of these people, even a boost to the L.A. sales tax. This place is a magnet for people from all over the world to flock and take advantage of the free benefits. There is an exodus going on right now of people with wealth to other states no matter the climate. That will leave you lefties in a quagmire of debt. Have a nice life!

Old 03-10-2019, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alto100 View Post
You are part of the problem. Just another homelessness enabler.
Right. I'll remember that the next time I work with a formerly homeless teenager whose single parent is a crackhead and who hasn't slept in a bed in a year.

Quote:
There is plenty of tax money being paid to take care of these people, even a boost to the L.A. sales tax.
Please provide a link as to what percent of the L.A. sales tax funds any type of homeless program.

Quote:
This place is a magnet for people from all over the world to flock and take advantage of the free benefits.
Then why are other cities in the U.S. facing similar homeless problems?

The U.S. Cities With The Most Homeless People In 2018:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmc.../#785010491178

https://www.hudexchange.info/resourc...HAR-Part-1.pdf

Quote:
There is an exodus going on right now of people with wealth to other states no matter the climate.
Do some research. The wealthy are not the people who are leaving California.

Quote:
Have a nice life!
You, too, pal!

Old 03-10-2019, 08:02 AM

8,326 posts, read 6,419,063 times
You think all kinds of free benefits does not attract the homeless?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles