Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2019, 12:54 PM

26,712 posts, read 26,770,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Why can’t you just tell me where you think they live?

These 2.2+ million people must be living SOMEWHERE.

They can’t buy houses, the majority aren’t homeless....

WHERE DO THEY LIVE???
Can't you look this up yourself? And what is your point about this and homelessness in L.A.?

"Many undocumented immigrants live with family members who are citizens."

https://www.ppic.org/publication/und...in-california/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2019, 12:57 PM

21,724 posts, read 16,323,643 times
Quote:

Fact: Illegal immigrants do not buy houses.

By the way, illegals can and DO buy houses in the US. There are no laws barring foreigners from purchasing American properties.

Interestingly, Trump U, the failed real estate “college” once scamming the public, even offered advice to illegals on how to purchase:
Quote:
An instructor at Donald Trump's Trump Entrepreneur Initiative—originally known as Trump University—once offered advice about how illegal immigrants can purchase homes in the United States. Real estate agent Tina Merritt wrote a blog post for the Trump Blog in April 2010 titled "Can an Illegal Immigrant Buy a Home in the United States?" Merritt explained that the answer was "yes."

Here's an excerpt from the archived blog post:

First of all, you do not have to have a social security number to buy or sell a home in the U.S. Some mortgage lenders require one; however, there is not a law requiring one. You do need to have some form of government issued identification, even if it is from another country (such as a passport or driver's license). Those without a social security number will need an ITIN (individual taxpayer identification number) number which is issued by the IRS to foreign nationals for paying taxes on money they earn in the U.S.
https://www.weeklystandard.com/micha...-to-buy-a-home

Old 06-02-2019, 01:31 PM

8,543 posts, read 10,962,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
There is no way this will ever happen. The WWII Japanese internment camps were thought to be justified at the time, too, but are now considered practically on a level with Nazi concentration camps. The public will never stand for moving anyone else out there.
I have spoken to many. many people here in LA over the years about this plan, and most agree it is a viable plan, so your statement about the public would never allow it, is bogus at best.

Bob.

Old 06-02-2019, 01:41 PM

21,724 posts, read 16,323,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I have spoken to many. many people here in LA over the years about this plan, and most agree it is a viable plan, so your statement about the public would never allow it, is bogus at best.

Bob.
Mmmmm? Because the people Bob speaks to represent a full sample of “the public”? And especially those in the public who create, administrate, and enforce policies? ... Which policies, by the way, have to be legal ... which internment without criminal conviction, um, isn’t.

Think again, Bob.

Old 06-02-2019, 02:45 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,231,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Yes. When I wrote “if anything it would free up .... blah blah”, I wasn’t proposing it was a good or realistic scenario ... just pointing out that hypothetics can be dreamed up to fit a variety of outcomes.

The more likely outcome would be tear-downs of crap low cost housing for increasingly upscale development.

Bottom line for this tangent is business success / failure drives the rental and housing markets.
I know and that is the point I was trying to elucidate here. The landlord in Reno would have torn down or sold the apartments if he couldn't rent them to the "Mexicans". It's clear that he was not interested in having tenants who he couldn't intimidate out of reporting health and safety violations in his $hithole apartments.

Old 06-02-2019, 03:06 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,253,483 times
No doubt this guy would be locked up and put away if CA citizens supported their police. He would not get away with this for one minute in most other states. Only in CA!

This is why CA has the homeless issues that it has. All the folks who have stood strong to allow uncivilized behavior to go unpunished or dealt with simple enables certain types of people to behave this way. The drugged up and mentally unstable homeless take full advantage of the laxed laws and laxed police enforcement. This guy would no doubt be living on the streets in CA if he was actually forced from this apartment. Instead this guy should be locked up away from society in a mental ward.

Yep anyone can behave as uncivilized as they want in CA and NOTHING will be done about it. Bleeding hearts have destroyed the civility of this state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC-VnBI2Mho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbGljIm_kEk

Last edited by Matadora; 06-02-2019 at 03:18 PM..

Old 06-02-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post

Bob.
It doesn't matter what the public thinks. Moving/confining people against their will who have neither been convicted of a crime or have been adjudicated as being so mentally ill that they are considered gravely disabled is unconstitutional and will remain that way no matter how many times you repeat yourself

Old 06-02-2019, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Ok, so I’m totally wasting my time but I’ll give it one final go.

Fact: There are over 2.2 million illegal immigrants living in California

Fact: Most of these people are not homeless

Fact: This means they must be living in structures of some kind.

Fact: Illegal immigrants do not buy houses.

Fact: You claim these people are not living in apartments

So at this point I’m beyond confused. Where is this mystical non-apartment place where millions call home???

What is wrong with you?

This is incredibly relevant to the topic of homelessness because the pro-vagrant activistis (such as yourself) argue that a huge number of the homeless are just good people who could no longer afford rent increases from their “evil landlords”
You might want to check that claim about how illegal immigrants don't buy houses because they do and actually almost a third of them own homes.

Quote:
More than 3.4 million undocumented immigrants are homeowners, according to the Migration Policy Institute analysis of the 2014 U.S. census data. That’s about 31 percent of the undocumented population. https://www.marketplace.org/2017/09/...-buy-homes-us/

Old 06-02-2019, 05:34 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,538,917 times
The progressive talking points sure make propaganda difficult to post, don't they? No one is buying the "illegals don't have an effect on rents" BS.

Old 06-02-2019, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
The progressive talking points sure make propaganda difficult to post, don't they? No one is buying the "illegals don't have an effect on rents" BS.
No one said "no effect", I think it might have some effect in some areas, but why don't you tell us the extent of it, and where it happens and how? You seem to be the expert on this subject and I would love to see the data that you've collected to support your theory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles