Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2019, 07:59 PM

26,580 posts, read 26,445,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Trump admin has to cleanup the mess of Garcetti and his pals
Sure doesn't look like it.

Alex Comisar confirmed that Garcetti staffers took the Trump delegation to the city’s Unified Homelessness Response Center downtown. There were no meetings at City Hall with the delegation and no meetings with Garcetti himself, Comisar added.

At an event in Beverly Hills hosted by the Politico website on Monday, a Garcetti official explained that the mayor welcomed this dialogue with the administration on a pressing issue. Local officials have consistently said they need more federal assistance to help get their arms around the mushrooming crisis

“They don’t know the work that we’re doing,” said Breelyn Pete, chief of state and federal affairs for Garcetti. “They’re just not thoughtful — and, quite frankly, not smart enough to know what we’re doing.”

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...omeless-crisis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2019, 08:07 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,128,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
"In my small liberal mind" You are really a class act, aren't you?
You lie and accuse someone of keeping people in dog cages and I'm not classy???

Old 09-10-2019, 08:09 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,128,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post

Alex Comisar confirmed that Garcetti staffers took the Trump delegation to the city’s Unified Homelessness Response Center downtown. There were no meetings at City Hall with the delegation and no meetings with Garcetti himself, Comisar added.

At an event in Beverly Hills hosted by the Politico website on Monday, a Garcetti official explained that the mayor welcomed this dialogue with the administration on a pressing issue. Local officials have consistently said they need more federal assistance to help get their arms around the mushrooming crisis

“They don’t know the work that we’re doing,” said Breelyn Pete, chief of state and federal affairs for Garcetti. “They’re just not thoughtful — and, quite frankly, not smart enough to know what we’re doing.”

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...omeless-crisis
Why do you say it doesn't look like it? You have no idea what's going to be happening soon. No meetings with Crapcetti is a good thing

Old 09-10-2019, 08:25 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,261,597 times
Quote:
There are some pretty clear reasons why some homeless people refuse to stay in shelters.

"The officer gave me a flier with information about “safe” parking lots where I could stay overnight — as long as I enroll for social services leading to permanent housing. I consider signing up, until I hear from someone who did. He tells me a murder was recently committed across the street from the lot where he parks. I don’t sign up."

I’m 73 and I live in a van. It feels like there’s no place for me in California anymore:

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...-van-san-diego
Your confirmation bias is an LA times (lol) opinion piece (lol) about a 73 yr old guy in a van heard from a guy about a murder across the street (lol).

Trump offers to help and you down play it.

Clearly your intention is to not solve anything but more of a "I told you so my side is right".

Old 09-10-2019, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Your confirmation bias is an LA times (lol) opinion piece (lol) about a 73 yr old guy in a van heard from a guy about a murder across the street (lol).
"(lol)." Sure beats a Washington Post piece.

Quote:
Trump offers to help and you down play it.
Sort of the way he helped California during the fires last year?

Quote:
Clearly your intention is to not solve anything but more of a "I told you so my side is right".
When someone posts an op-ed piece, it's usually put up for discussion. But clearly, you manage to view everything through your own lens.

Old 09-10-2019, 08:45 PM

639 posts, read 1,064,478 times
I think the rhetoric about "cleaning up California's homeless" is similar to the talk about rounding up thousands of illegals a few months ago. Recall in the end they rounded up a few dozen. It would be impossible to legally drag thousands of people off the streets and into whatever internment camps they have in mind. This talk is basically propaganda to rile up Trump's base. I seriously doubt anything will come of it.

Old 09-10-2019, 09:59 PM

Quote:
"(lol)." Sure beats a Washington Post piece.

Sort of the way he helped California during the fires last year?

When someone posts an op-ed piece, it's usually put up for discussion. But clearly, you manage to view everything through your own lens.
Don't know what Washington Post has to do with anything.

In other words "must #ResistTrump at any cost"

You and the three amigos are First and quick to attack the source/author instead of the content when anyone post anything contrary to your opinion.

On that note, your "clear reasons" is an opinion piece in a known biased source about what old homeless guy heard from another homeless guy. The Inception of biased confirmation.

Old 09-10-2019, 10:03 PM

Quote:

“They don’t know the work that we’re doing,” said Breelyn Pete, chief of state and federal affairs for Garcetti. “They’re just not thoughtful — and, quite frankly, not smart enough to know what we’re doing.” [/i]
l]
Everyone knows what they're doing, throwing millions at it and making homeless worse. Proven track record. Like I said, they offer to help and you turn lemonade back into lemons.

Old 09-10-2019, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Don't know what Washington Post has to do with anything.
Scroll back.

Quote:
In other words "must #ResistTrump at any cost"
In your words, perhaps.

Old 09-10-2019, 10:24 PM

"A dozen leaders of a California-based ministry have been indicted by a federal grand jury, accused of forced labor of mostly homeless people, a US attorney said.

Imperial Valley Ministries leaders recruited people by promising food and shelter, and instead forced them to beg for money for nine hours a day, six days a week and to give up their welfare benefits "for the financial benefit of the church leaders," prosecutors said in a news release Tuesday that announced the indictment had been unsealed."

California church leaders charged with forced labor of homeless, US attorney says:
https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/10/us/ca...ing/index.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles